Aggressive stance for lance?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
. I dunno why you can't use 5wt or whatever if you are strong enough.

Have you tried swinging a 5kilogram anything? That's 11lbs one handed with the weight mostly at the head. Sure you could swing it, but you would have zero control and no chance of hanging on to it if it hit anything. Not to mention you're going to tear out your rotator cup and any tendons in your elbow and wrist.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Have you tried swinging a 5kilogram anything? That's 11lbs one handed with the weight mostly at the head. Sure you could swing it, but you would have zero control and no chance of hanging on to it if it hit anything. Not to mention you're going to tear out your rotator cup and any tendons in your elbow and wrist.

there's a bit of fantasy n the game. Dwarves, Orcs... too.

Now imagine riding a horse w/ dude on your back haha.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

there's a bit of fantasy n the game. Dwarves, Orcs... too.
That is running, not swinging. As long as the body mechanics are the same it doesnt matter what fantasy creature you are. Unless youre a giant not much is going to let you swing something that heavy with any real control. A Risar maybe... only because they are about 8ft tall and close to 300kg.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That is running, not swinging. As long as the body mechanics are the same it doesnt matter what fantasy creature you are. Unless youre a giant not much is going to let you swing something that heavy with any real control. A Risar maybe... only because they are about 8ft tall and close to 300kg.

you can run unencumbered w/ 70kg of stuff on you on a lot of chars. Edit: and full jump, and ride a horse, etc.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
I don’t want no real world problems in here, my lance is made out of teeth for gods sake. But try using a weapon with half your str requirement and prob under 4.5 weight

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I don’t want no real world problems in here, my lance is made out of teeth for gods sake. But try using a weapon with half your str requirement and prob under 4.5 weight

I understand but some of us want some form of reality in our fantasy game. Bad enough we have 400lb 7'8" humanoids on a steppe horse which is at best 12 to 14 hands tall. And the strongest of them can only hold about 250-300kg on their backs. So an Oghmir or Thursar in plate sure as HELL is not getting on it. And those are stronger than the desert horse.. which is an Arabian.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
I understand but some of us want some form of reality in our fantasy game. Bad enough we have 400lb 7'8" humanoids on a steppe horse which is at best 12 to 14 hands tall. And the strongest of them can only hold about 250-300kg on their backs. So an Oghmir or Thursar in plate sure as HELL is not getting on it. And those are stronger than the desert horse.. which is an Arabian.
Oh lord I forgot about how silly that looks. I think Henrik said later when they add bigger mounts the Thursar will have a penalty on regular horses

Reactions: Hodo

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Does the actual "Melee damage bonus" % from your character sheet not apply whatsoever to mounted combat? Regardless if you use a spear or a lance etc?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Cuz dmg from mount it's supposed to be momentum based, i wanna see that getting worked out.

Btw wasn't spear stance supposed to be a fantastic anti-cavalry asset in MO1?
It was promising but never got reworked so ended up being another placeholder xD

Mounted combat need a full rework, bow dmg to horses reduced and add more and versatile ways to fuck up horses for other classes.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Does the actual "Melee damage bonus" % from your character sheet not apply whatsoever to mounted combat? Regardless if you use a spear or a lance etc?
Melee damage bonus applies. Just not aggressive stance or defensive stance.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Melee damage bonus applies. Just not aggressive stance or defensive stance.

aha. Yea, doods spec a 3x% dmg Thursar w/ 121 str, pick up a jade double kall axe, body people. I hit a guy for 50 w/ a clean swing, no dismount, I hit a guy for 70 in rugged garm and got THE ONLY DISMOUNT IN MO HISTORY!! SV watching my vids and trying to figure out how to balance their game! But if I Was a thur I bet I would have crunched dood way harder. Bigger axe, can actually hold a steel double. I'd like to know what the biggest wep a 123 str ogh can hold.

Nothing is more fun than popping people off their mounts!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
aha. Yea, doods spec a 3x% dmg Thursar w/ 121 str, pick up a jade double kall axe, body people. I hit a guy for 50 w/ a clean swing, no dismount, I hit a guy for 70 in rugged garm and got THE ONLY DISMOUNT IN MO HISTORY!! SV watching my vids and trying to figure out how to balance their game! But if I Was a thur I bet I would have crunched dood way harder. Bigger axe, can actually hold a steel double. I'd like to know what the biggest wep a 123 str ogh can hold.

Nothing is more fun than popping people off their mounts!

dismount is certain only when doing 40+ blunt damage. If your axe didnt do 40+ blunt damage it wont dismount.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
dismount is certain only when doing 40+ blunt damage. If your axe didnt do 40+ blunt damage it wont dismount.

ye I'm sayin' w/ current limitations that's hard to get unless someone is in rugged garm. They need to put that down a little for people with 0 balance. I should be able to pop a dude off a 50 hit if he has 0 balance. There's no way to know if he did, but I bet he DID.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
ye I'm sayin' w/ current limitations that's hard to get unless someone is in rugged garm. They need to put that down a little for people with 0 balance. I should be able to pop a dude off a 50 hit if he has 0 balance. There's no way to know if he did, but I bet he DID.

Not really. I have dismounted someone in plate with a hit. I hit them for 44 in the head with my messing maul, as they road by.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
In MO1 if a weapon had more blunt damage than slash, it counted as all blunt damage. If an axe had more slash than blunt, only the blunt damage counted towards dismount. Making it so you need to hit way over the threshold to actually dismount. This was most likely copy pasted over from MO1 like 95% of the games code. This means a Jade axe completely sucks at dismounting. This is why in MO1 people used messing axes to dismount even tho they were worse damage than steel. The worse slash stat made the blunt higher than slash so the damage counted as all blunt, while steel kall double had more slash than blunt so even tho they hit higher it didnt dismount.

Which honestly is a shit mechanic. They need to re do it. A 50 with a axe should dismount regardless of what % was blunt. but this is most likely how it works and worth keeping in mind if you bring a weapon thats supposed to dismount.

Reactions: Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not really. I have dismounted someone in plate with a hit. I hit them for 44 in the head with my messing maul, as they road by.

mount 2 mount I mean :p

In MO1 if a weapon had more blunt damage than slash, it counted as all blunt damage. If an axe had more slash than blunt, only the blunt damage counted towards dismount. Making it so you need to hit way over the threshold to actually dismount. This was most likely copy pasted over from MO1 like 95% of the games code. This means a Jade axe completely sucks at dismounting. This is why in MO1 people used messing axes to dismount even tho they were worse damage than steel. The worse slash stat made the blunt higher than slash so the damage counted as all blunt, while steel kall double had more slash than blunt so even tho they hit higher it didnt dismount.

Which honestly is a shit mechanic. They need to re do it. A 50 with a axe should dismount regardless of what % was blunt. but this is most likely how it works and worth keeping in mind if you bring a weapon thats supposed to dismount.

and yea, I really think a 50 no handled, no horse, actual TORSO clean arc should pop someone right da fak off. But yea the time I dismounted that guy in Rugged, I thought that he had dismounted. haha. I had to go back and watch it and I was like omg he got dismounted, and it was so ineffective! I got to come back and hit his horse once (I was actually trying to hit him and dismount him AGAIN as he climbed back on.) No Kd, no cool down, dude was very unaffected other than the 70~ dmg I put on him.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
mount 2 mount I mean :p

and yea, I really think a 50 no handled, no horse, actual TORSO clean arc should pop someone right da fak off. But yea the time I dismounted that guy in Rugged, I thought that he had dismounted. haha. I had to go back and watch it and I was like omg he got dismounted, and it was so ineffective! I got to come back and hit his horse once (I was actually trying to hit him and dismount him AGAIN as he climbed back on.) No Kd, no cool down, dude was very unaffected other than the 70~ dmg I put on him.

I was on my mount, they were on one to.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It was a messing head one handed maul with an incisium and quality leather handle.

I was thinking 1h. Interesting. I think I'm gonna poop out and give up on MC, at least unless they give us rerolls. It's my wep crafter and 110 str isn't enough nor is 23% unfort, but I can get hits. Hard to think of what to do w/ a human but I'm thinking MA w/ a lil magic. I really wanna see a thur mc hit stuff. We need to test. My friend has one if I can get him to come back... That's where you can see if dmg is enough. My dmg is just... not enough! And my wt. Bigger wep = better.

can't imagine it was very easy to hit someone w/ a 1h maul but nice.