A Tale of Two pings

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
1645471664913.png

1645471757634.png

Having access to both of these pings due to the horrible routing that I have by default now. I can say for absolutely certain that ping materially effects your ability to play the game and be competitive.

Reactions: Zandragal

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Thank you for stating the obvious. Anyone not living in Europe has known this for years. I guess its never too late to see the light.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Thank you for stating the obvious. Anyone not living in Europe has known this for years. I guess its never too late to see the light.
I/we always knew. But have you ever actually tried playing on two different pings. The difference is staggering.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I/we always knew. But have you ever actually tried playing on two different pings. The difference is staggering.

Staggering?

The difference between 1 ping and 150 ping is .....

Wait for it...

.15seconds

Thats not even a quarter of one second.

Not really noticeable. Especially with the ping neutralizeation

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Staggering?

Wait for it...

.15seconds

It’s noticeable. By a lot. It’s the difference between being able to engage with mechanics like parry reset vs just standing there and getting hit through blocks.

Don’t care what you think about it or what nonsense you can write on here about it. If I forget to turn exit lag on its extremely noticeable in a foot fight.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Only game I found ping to really matter is BDO, but that only because ping determined who CC landed your or your opponents. In this game I rarely notice it. I've seen some videos were latency issue resulted in attacks going through blocks, an being parried when your hit clearly landed, but those videos are of people with 300+ ping which is well above the average. If your trying to play any online game with 300+ ping you need to question if you should upgrade your network, or just stop playing online games.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Welcome to my world.

All of these kids in this thread saying it doesnt matter have probably only dueled bandits or are eu themselves.

D

Deleted member 44

The ping is not just .15 sec. The delay is compounding.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
This is honestly one of those design choices that'll come back to bite the game in the ass.
My RL friends are struggling with the idea of having 190 ping. Sad part is we should have 80. Kind of embarassing explaining that the game just doesn't work well for them.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
My RL friends are struggling with the idea of having 190 ping. Sad part is we should have 80. Kind of embarassing explaining that the game just doesn't work well for them.

I gave up trying to get people to play the game. I actually had two people interested at one point, but ended up just telling them to not play because they pointed out a lot of obvious issues constantly. This was with them in-game mind you. I mean I personally don't feel that satisfied with MO2. Like.. I'm going to play it but like right now I'm playing other games because I know I'll get far more enjoyment out of them then MO2.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
So I'm in Texas.......Command Prompt pings at 111 to 112 but resource monitor says 159 to160....what every that means.
It means people who know how to open the task manager like to think they know wtf they're talking about when it comes to computers. Cause lol "oh no game using 100% of my GPU game must be bad" lol love seeing stupid people post this daily.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Staggering?

Wait for it...

.15seconds

Oh man do you even fight something else than npcs?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You finding this out now? Watch a stream of an EU player parrying, 180ms+ is a different game. EU cunts can last seccond parry, the rest of the players have to predict shit or be extremely fast. Ping normalization is like henrik saying the game can hold 100k people.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
It means people who know how to open the task manager like to think they know wtf they're talking about when it comes to computers. Cause lol "oh no game using 100% of my GPU game must be bad" lol love seeing stupid people post this daily.

Me too. That's why I now look at everything you post.

Reactions: Najwalaylah