890 MB Patch but No Patch Notes?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
About two days ago, SV released a 890 MB patch for the game just out of the blue, there was no patch notes for it anywhere to be found. Note that this isn't the 600 MB beta patch that came before it.

Does anyone know what the mysterious 890 MB patch contains?

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
:mad:I had to redownload/reinstall the whole fu*piep*ing game. Steam told me I need 51 GB free space to perform the update (which I don't have on this disc). Even if the patch was 890 MB only...

Na, I don't know what it contains. But I recognize better overall performance since and I guess less shadow flickering, but maybe thats just me.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
About two days ago, SV released a 890 MB patch for the game just out of the blue, there was no patch notes for it anywhere to be found. Note that this isn't the 600 MB beta patch that came before it.

Does anyone know what the mysterious 890 MB patch contains?
Doesn't it was the springbok hunt chart ?

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
I remember reading about it on Discord :

OK so! In short, we made changes to ranged combat We optimized the crap out of parts of the server We optimized the crap out of rendering characters. We added even more data points, that's the stuff we use to see how the stress test is going. We think we fixed the visible dead players And other minor stuff

This patch made my FPS go from about 40 to 65 in the largest group fights

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
:mad:I had to redownload/reinstall the whole fu*piep*ing game. Steam told me I need 51 GB free space to perform the update (which I don't have on this disc). Even if the patch was 890 MB only...

Na, I don't know what it contains. But I recognize better overall performance since and I guess less shadow flickering, but maybe thats just me.
I have to do that every time when there is an update on any game on Steam, somehow Steam doesn't want to update things for me, it just gets stuck every few seconds. I have to uninstall and redownload/install. Luckily my internet is fast enough nowadays.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Reactions: Treibholz

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
As I said, for me it's pretty much every game update on Steam in general. Occasionally they work.