3rd Person Shoulderview for non-combat/traveling Only

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Hey folks ... I know this is The Only FirstPerson MMORPG PVP Game in its Genre ... but what if? You could see a part of your back with weapon and head ..

maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine the opportunity for new sections and possibilities for new Players to enhance their gaming time that will be opened and reimagined by mo2 with this Idea in the mmorpg genre ... if we .. yes ... if we ...
start to introduce a third person element to this game ... well I know its hard to see it ... as this game is unique on its own with its first person immersion ... but I couldn't care less If it can help make this game project a target for more success and become a valuable assistance its survival for the future in the mmorpg genre.

Now how about being able to enter third person mode in shoulder perspective while not in Combat for walks or travels ... being able to swap views for shoulders and appreciate even more the wonderful beauty and scenery of this game and of our characters in it, the arsenal of armors and weapons gathered while traveling or riding into the horizont and adventure ... not only for Roleplayers but also for proud PvPers and their accomplishments.

"Yesterday I killed and took the Head of Grugnak the restless Thursar ... 1000 Gold was the reward!" he says ... while he gently moves left and right to show off the heads and ears around his waist he collected. Wouldn't that add a whole new element of fun, story telling and reward to the Player in the Game?
I know what you guys mean by immersion breaking with third person ... I mean it might fuck it up .. it might not? Why not try it and see? ... the bare potential of it is vaste and crazy! I hope you guys see it aswell ... nevertheless I just wish for this game to succeed and become The MMO.

You would still have the firstperson PvP Combat Game but additionally to that some awesome third person shoulder view for Adventuring and Experience.

Coming from a darkfall, mo1 vet and elder scrolls fan ...
- Myrmex

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Nah, this would just be 100% abused and used to peek around corners,
hiding behind trees keeping a watch of people so you can ambush them.
hiding in bushes but still able to see what's going on outside.

Just like how its used in many other similar games. Just look at Life is Feudal.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It cant work. Having third person only when out of combat will still break the game because you still need to be on the lookout for those trying to hunt and kill you while you are just exploring. Same goes for killers that are just walking around looking for players to kill.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Welcome to the MO community.
Of course as a new follower you may be not aware of how important "1st person view only" is in Mortal.
You will find out why if you play longer.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Man, it has been sugested for so many times by the new players that I can't believe some people are still trying to get that damn tpp in here :)
Why is it so important to look at your character? You have a character sheet where you can see your fancy armor and if you want to make a scenery pictures with you on them then ask colleagues to make some screenshots with you on them.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
no thanks please play other casual games that have exploidtation feature. not this one. Mortal will not be a casual shit game sry.
same with the third view discussion in MO1 just no just fucking NO.

same with ingame map, NO just NO. Its bad its shit it breaks immersion it breaks gameplay NOO

ruins some other game but please. xD

party hard!

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
no thanks please play other casual games that have exploidtation feature. not this one. Mortal will not be a casual shit game sry.
same with the third view discussion in MO1 just no just fucking NO.

same with ingame map, NO just NO. Its bad its shit it breaks immersion it breaks gameplay NOO

ruins some other game but please. xD

party hard!
It is like-"Ooo there is a new game I want it to be exactly like the previous ones I played",lol

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
It is like-"Ooo there is a new game I want it to be exactly like the previous ones I played",lol
exactly.

to all people here that complain about hardcore aspects or wish for third person view --> please play your theme park mmos and casual games. MO is hardcore and immersive and that is how it is. if you dont like that please move somewhere else, your enot suited for this game. if you search for third person view or ingame map than please get the fuck out of here thx.

im very sry but i cant stand any casualisation of hardcore aspects of a game.

Reactions: Rhias and Zbuciorn

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Who needs that when we can have transmog, /dance and daily quests!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Nope.

So should we do a funny counter for 3rd person view suggestions? I think currently we are up to 1 every month.
Sounds about right, Im gonna add depending on how popular the game gets, the higher the more often it will be brought up.

• Haha
Reactions: Zbuciorn

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Lets keep it official

Sounds about right, Im gonna add depending on how popular the game gets, the higher the more often it will be brought up.

Are we? Haven't seen that one yet ... should do so, the game is getting quite popula

I guess mo1 wouldn't be mo1 without first person as most guys here are vets and want to relive their good old times. But thats just bullocks to me for I am looking at ideas and options, well nevermind, I have it put out there its done deal.

Is there any lock option? If not, if a moderator sees this please do so, this thread is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn