3nd Tier ingredient for cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
oh yeah thats a given, no nurtitional values out of the pills or powders. its strictly a way for cooks to single out the healing effects

kinda like how today someone can go pick olives and other oil providing Vegetal. stick it in a press and make OIL. we can already do that in mo1 too. except we cant make alot out of it except use it in recepies for cake, batters and deep fry stuff.

ever had Wheat/horn pepper seeds and Malus juice/vitus juice battered Terrorbird nuggets deep fried in Ganum/Horn pepper/eleiva Oil??
these babies restore like 20+ hp on 400 hunger and they heal over time half a hp bar lol

the more ingredients you have the more intricate the ratios becomes tho but that what's make a great cook. oils is also a good way to add soph to food lol

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
I bet they wanted a system like you said but I think the implementation would be difficult due to how the system works and how it calculates the results. Same goes for mixing potions (Healing over time + purify?)

Regarding the discussion about how tedious the system was - Maybe a better AH system would fix the problem if the cooks had a better way to sell their wares? I often found myself stuck as I couldn't buy the necessary item

If they add cooking to MO2 I hope it comes with the different body types too. Like "Fat" would actually make your character fat.
And the materials indicators (bars) needs to be improved so it's intuitive!

Reactions: Najwalaylah
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
yeah except alchemy and cooking system was way different.

in Alchemy if your active ingredients and volumizer contradict you base ingredient's effects then only the base's effect would be retained and everything else would be wasted to my knowledge. (thats why there wasnt a do all, cure all potion out there)

in cooking. everything is an additive. additives needed to respect certain quantities and ratios to not throw your overall recipe out of ratio themselves
( to make a stew u need a ratio of 75 filler: 25 liquid. so all your additives should also fit in the filler/liquid portion of the recipe respectively) usualy addtive is added in a 90base:11additive ratio. as long as you respect ratio and have the space for more ingredient you could add effects into your dish as much as you wanted.

for exemple:
+1000 Green Jambura Juice (direct healing)
+1000 Vitis juice(healing over time)
+ 122 myrland rose (HoT additive)
+122 gamun oil (HoT+DH addtive)
+122 pepper (Healing length additive)
+122 red jambura (Healing length)
+122 red jambura juice (healing Length)
+ 122 Green Jambura (DH additive)
+122 muse fruit (DH additive)

in a Fermenting jar would give you a nice Fruit punch/wine that would directly heal you when consumed and then a long lasting health regeneration after and because it is an alcoholic beverage it also has some inherent sophistication + your base's soph)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLDR or "just get to the point"

The "cooking" system is already there and it works just fine. I dont realy wanna change it, only make it better by allowing cooked/processed foods to be considered as ingredients on their own too. Enables People's creativity to take place and also allow for nicer dishes. if i could i already know how i would make WON TON soup lol

but yeah the AH could be reworked. allowing cooks to place down stands to sell their foods at around the market would make it easier for ppl to find food and cooks to sell it. hand-to-hand transaction. no middle man. also changing the reserves system to make food more valuable. ppl would have no choice but to seek out good foods.

Reactions: Cromwell

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
yeah except alchemy and cooking system was way different.

in Alchemy if your active ingredients and volumizer contradict you base ingredient's effects then only the base's effect would be retained and everything else would be wasted to my knowledge. (thats why there wasnt a do all, cure all potion out there)

in cooking. everything is an additive. additives needed to respect certain quantities and ratios to not throw your overall recipe out of ratio themselves
( to make a stew u need a ratio of 75 filler: 25 liquid. so all your additives should also fit in the filler/liquid portion of the recipe respectively) usualy addtive is added in a 90base:11additive ratio. as long as you respect ratio and have the space for more ingredient you could add effects into your dish as much as you wanted.

for exemple:
+1000 Green Jambura Juice (direct healing)
+1000 Vitis juice(healing over time)
+ 122 myrland rose (HoT additive)
+122 gamun oil (HoT+DH addtive)
+122 pepper (Healing length additive)
+122 red jambura (Healing length)
+122 red jambura juice (healing Length)
+ 122 Green Jambura (DH additive)
+122 muse fruit (DH additive)

in a Fermenting jar would give you a nice Fruit punch/wine that would directly heal you when consumed and then a long lasting health regeneration after and because it is an alcoholic beverage it also has some inherent sophistication + your base's soph)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLDR or "just get to the point"

The "cooking" system is already there and it works just fine. I dont realy wanna change it, only make it better by allowing cooked/processed foods to be considered as ingredients on their own too. Enables People's creativity to take place and also allow for nicer dishes. if i could i already know how i would make WON TON soup lol

but yeah the AH could be reworked. allowing cooks to place down stands to sell their foods at around the market would make it easier for ppl to find food and cooks to sell it. hand-to-hand transaction. no middle man. also changing the reserves system to make food more valuable. ppl would have no choice but to seek out good foods.

Please, keep pushing this to be real, I want won ton soup, and yeah the reserve system should be changed a bit, come on guys, I survived for ages just with freaking oats and pig meat...cookers brought their nice stuff and I was like "meh, I will keep my gold and just eat more pig thank you" Make cheffing an actual useful thing more than just a sophistication food hobby, that would be nice...

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
If you ever been to a "high class restaurant" you'd know just how "useful" chefing is in real life...

Depends of what you consider good cheffing though, I know what you mean and that's not cheffing in my book, is just....like...a silly competition, stupidity, hard to put in words, to me a good chef is one that takes a bunch of ingredients and makes something outstanding and filling, not some of that bullshit, like, a guy that can make an outstanding burguer, or one that can makes your ribeye with a crispy crust and remarkable juiciness, I don't know mate, those guys you are talking about they ain't great chefs, they are doing weird stuff just for the reputation on a silly guide and the money, imo

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
we need better effect out of more complex foods vs single or 2 ingredients recipes for nourishment idk. in mo1 there was no need for a 14 ingredient meat pie vs spit roast entire pig carcasses lol for health nourishment. but maybe make it so few ingredient recipe cant go above a certain uality. no more ambrosial cold raw pg carcass. raw prep can only go so high on meats and single/2 ingredients can only taste so good.

so fried pig meat can only go up to esculent** and the more ingredients you add, the more quality/complexity the dish has ??? idk if this make sense or not

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
Well technically meat is meat, it should only bring more nourishment if you stack it up with more stuff that have the same sort of nourishment property, if that makes sense, like, eggs + bacon better than bacon hahaha maybe just slight differences, like, boiled a bit less than roasted/fried cause the fatty juices end up in the water?

Raw is for most meats the ideal, but it should have like....a random deadly poison ratio when consumed or something hahahaha so people actually have to get safe cooked stuff with good nourishment stats

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
part of the problem was henrik's design decision to make it so the average idiot could get by on just eating raw pig and a handful of oats. he specifically made it so the cooking system wouldnt be a stumbling block or any kind of real impediment to players who have little to no interest in the system.

the other half of the issue was mats' desire to tie the system to reality where, in general, cooking food would denature proteins and thus reduce the nutritional content. in this process he forgot that many times we get *more* nutrition out of cooked food since humans cant break down cellulose for instance. this made 'raw' prepped food ridiculously good, which they eventually nerfed at some point but it remained overpowered. i think at the start the food poisoning was also far greater for raw prepped foods, but that was changed rather quickly as nobody understood the system and everyone was busy puking.

i'm not against having very basic food able to stave off a grey bar, so people with no interest in cooking can get by, but certainly there should be far better nutrition in properly cooked food.

-barcode

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
part of the problem was henrik's design decision
I really hate you post-steam LARPers... HENRIK DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES.

Second of all, steak tartare and sashimi are actual foods in real life that are completely raw but tasty, nutritious, and has minimal ingredients/preparation. Furthermore, the "average idiot" 10000 years ago did get by eating raw pig and a handful of oats. Generations later, the descendents of these same "idiots" went on to make pyramids and colliseums. So I don't know what your grudge is against Henrik/Starvault but the food system that exists now is fine. If raw foods is too hardcore for you go play Overcooked on Steam.

• Haha
Reactions: TroGuard(TheBrown)
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
i'v got nothing against raw meats. nutrition wise its all fine. (i even have some from time to time IRL although i prefer smoked***) its the sophistication gains on eating a raw "carcass" that has me scratch my head lol
also tartar sauce has lots of ingredients in it, quite sophisticated on medieval/fantastic world standards lol

ppl pushed for more pvp centric stuff and all the pve ppl left and the game slowly spiraled down until there was only 60ish die-hard pvp players. even if henrick made no mistakes, the community killed itself and this time im planning to make the pvE ppl stick around for longer lol
----------------------------------------------------------

but I digress, like i said. the system is there and it works just fine. i just want more options, i want more value out of the dishes i take time to craft and perfect. just like a blacksmith wants to craft the best weaponry i wanna cook the best of dishes and have these dishes have valuable effect that can be used in pvE.
a good cook should be considered a "support" character for pve stuff just like how an alchemist is to the pvp crowd.

(also post-steam larpers? fking kek)

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
i'v got nothing against raw meats. nutrition wise its all fine. (i even have some from time to time IRL although i prefer smoked***) its the sophistication gains on eating a raw "carcass" that has me scratch my head lol
also tartar sauce has lots of ingredients in it, quite sophisticated on medieval/fantastic world standards lol

ppl pushed for more pvp centric stuff and all the pve ppl left and the game slowly spiraled down until there was only 60ish die-hard pvp players. even if henrick made no mistakes, the community killed itself and this time im planning to make the pvE ppl stick around for longer lol
----------------------------------------------------------

but I digress, like i said. the system is there and it works just fine. i just want more options, i want more value out of the dishes i take time to craft and perfect. just like a blacksmith wants to craft the best weaponry i wanna cook the best of dishes and have these dishes have valuable effect that can be used in pvE.
a good cook should be considered a "support" character for pve stuff just like how an alchemist is to the pvp crowd.

(also post-steam larpers? fking kek)
Sushi/Raw Fish = sophisticated
Mc Donalds Dollar Menu = unsophisticated
Sophistication gains make sense to me

Here's the thing, it's a medieval fantasy world filled with rape, bandits and giant spiders. There's not a doubt in my mind that people wouldn't have time to cook more complex dishes. Furthermore, any good cooks that miraculously exist wouldn't be considered as a support character; they would be considered as housewives.

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
part of the problem was henrik's design decision to make it so the average idiot could get by on just eating raw pig and a handful of oats. he specifically made it so the cooking system wouldnt be a stumbling block or any kind of real impediment to players who have little to no interest in the system.

the other half of the issue was mats' desire to tie the system to reality where, in general, cooking food would denature proteins and thus reduce the nutritional content. in this process he forgot that many times we get *more* nutrition out of cooked food since humans cant break down cellulose for instance. this made 'raw' prepped food ridiculously good, which they eventually nerfed at some point but it remained overpowered. i think at the start the food poisoning was also far greater for raw prepped foods, but that was changed rather quickly as nobody understood the system and everyone was busy puking.

i'm not against having very basic food able to stave off a grey bar, so people with no interest in cooking can get by, but certainly there should be far better nutrition in properly cooked food.

-barcode

First, are you lowkey calling me an idiot?, just kidding..just kidding..I agree and I admit I was just fucking lazy, And regarding of nutrition...oh boy, don't open the pandora's box please hahahaha, elaborate how denaturing a protein devalues it's nutritional content, specifically... and please, don't use enzyme function and recognition of substrate as an excuse, that's more like saying "humans are not evolved to eat denaturalized proteins" wich is not entirely true either, more than actually "reducing" it's nutritional content as a material...lol

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
by calling cooks housewives you're trivializing the content.

take a good look at history itself. IRL medieval time was wilder than what ppl think. like you say its filled with rape, bandits, spiders too except not that big.
ppl still took the time to master cooking and the many kings and duchy would hire for their famed dishes. its fine that you dont see it as i do. but dont trivialize the content..

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
by calling cooks housewives you're trivializing the content.

take a good look at history itself. IRL medieval time was wilder than what ppl think. like you say its filled with rape, bandits, spiders too except not that big.
ppl still took the time to master cooking and the many kings and duchy would hire for their famed dishes. its fine that you dont see it as i do. but dont trivialize the content..
At the end of the day, if Henrik wants to trivialize it, it shall be trivialized, so I leave the fate of cooking in the hands of Henrik.

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
Im sure Henrick and the boys will come up with a system that works just fine even if its the very same as MO1.

I'm just sad that this thread created so much drama for no reason lol. All im suggesting is being able to cook one tier further and a couple things to make food/hunger stsystem a bit more interesting but some ppl just had to start something...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Neftan

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
Im sure Henrick and the boys will come up with a system that works just fine even if its the very same as MO1.

I'm just sad that this thread created so much drama for no reason lol. All im suggesting is being able to cook one tier further and a couple things to make food/hunger stsystem a bit more interesting but some ppl just had to start something...

You call it drama I call it "exchange of opinions and tangents..."

Cooks housewives lol.....if you only knew how cooks used to work hand-by-hand with knight's physicians to keep them strong and healthy... also the royalty point TroGuard made, don't disrepect the cooks, or we will spit in your burguer hahahaha

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
VERY WELL! the subject and solutions has been explored to the best we can with the 7 ppl who is following this thread. i am now locking this thread to avoid further diluting its explorations and discussion and current clarity. thank you all for coming and sharing your ideas. im handing this thread now to the devs

may they use these sugjestions and ideas/protest/tangents for the best of Mortal Online 2.

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
also the thread will still be visible to others and the next generation of mortal online players can discuss this further at their leisure. we need some fresh eyes on the matter i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.