21 important things that should not be missing in the next 2 roadmaps this year.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

1. Character models need to be upgraded to get better FPS and we need to be able to better distinguish opponents and friends in huge battles.

2. If the number of players is to be increased from 1500 to 5000 players, more dungeons and mechanisms that relieve the dungeons are needed.

The game needs more endgame mechanics that trigger a big battle every few hours in the open world to keep the PVP players busy, becuase bored PVP players destoy the game, if they these continuously kill new players.

3. We have been promised for a long time that we will be able to put the different block directions on separate keys when the game is released and that the conflicting Keystrokes get fixed !

This gives the US players a little more MS to react to the swings.

4. It's annoying when the mounts run in front of the targets during dungeon runs and can't follow at a certain distance. You have to constantly use the all follow command, then all stay, then one player forgot to use the all follow command and stops the whole group because he has to run back.

5. The tower shield ruins the fun factor in Zerg fights. It's just overused and totally OP!

6. Fast travel with verious restrictions and debuffs i meantioned in the following thread, so that this mechanic can´t be abused during sieges, for transporting and would not make the bypassable areas empty of players, by adding many points of interests in this locations.​

7. Optimizations and a slightly nicer capital. I actually like all cities except Tindrem and that's a shame since Tindrem is the capital. Meduli need a crafting area rework. 2 Players with a horse can block the road to the furnice, when they use the armor crafting table.

Rente.jpg

8. More different small animals to make the world feel more alive.

9. If the number of players is to be increased from 1500 to 5000, the loot and aminal respawns must automatically vary depending on the number of players on a node and the server.

10. We don't need safe zones, we need players who hunt the griefers. Every role is important. Those of the killers as well as those who hunt the murdererm becuase this is creating content. Instead of sending the bounty hunters to distant cities, the bounty contracts should be regional and a maximum of 3km away, to punish the red players. If someone has a particularly large number of murder counts, more contracts should be issued to that person.

11. The crafting system in POE was so awesome that it should inspire the developers. Not every boss has to have a chance to drop trinkets and have a similar loot paterns, but should drop items with which you can reroll or change individual suffixes or prefixes of your trinkets that could only be found in specific dungeons.

12. A via bird contactable "stable boy" would improve the gameplay experience 1000x so that players don't feel wasting their time losing their mount in abandoned places.This could save so much travel time and many players cannot play for hours every day. SV should read the reviews ! New players not know every Horse spawn !

20220917215640_1.jpg

13. It's annoying when you have to spend several hours paying for the upkeep of guild friends when they're on vacation or can't play for a month.

14. Not every player will be able to build a house on Myrland as the player count increases. You should therefore be able to use a guild house efficiently!

15. The capes don't beautify the character if they clip through the shield. A reason why I don't want one.

16. Especially the black market mentioned in this thread would be important, which would allow the game to let the monsters drop more loot without competing with the crafters and ruining their business.

17. The thief mechanics in the previous game were not mallow

18. Necromancy could be so much more fun.

The zombie mechanics have to be revised, necromancy pets have to be buffed and a counter has to be introduced. Silver weapons could deal high damage to undead creatures and we need placeable ritual tables for our houses. Benumb Mind should work on players and should need to be cleansed with purify pot or from a friedly mage. Never have seen someone casting it. Athrophy shoudlwork on pets !

19. The doors do not close and open properly. The player must aim exactly at the frame! This feels buggy and not mature like a game should feel after release.

20. More mechanics to socialize with other players instead of just fighting each other.

Members of smaller guilds could easily bridge the time until the guild friends come online if they can play a game of chess or dice poker.

21. It needs methods to re-equip faster.

This could also apply to the marketplace. It is usually quicker to craft the gear instead of buying a steel set and the weapon in the marketplace. It would be nice to be able to create a layout in the marketplace to buy all items at once.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

22.Market improvements.​

We should get a Chat Tab for sold Items and receive messages, when we sold items in different towns, where and when they got sold, wo the chat resetting after relog. Something like a trade history. The massage could be delete, as soon as the gold have been picked up from veredary.

23. Improvements for the rendering character preview (should be turned off by default)​

24. Gaining TC Points should have an Influence on rare mob spawns, droprate and chance to drop rare loot, to make players want to live in the growing Kingdoms which means more Tax income.​

https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/the-tc-influence-could-have-an-impact-on-rare-mobs.10964/

A new continent, ships, new magic schools, special abilities for melee weapons, would all be all nice add ons, but first the game have to be improved, polished balanced and the existing continent should be expanded with more content, dungeons, hidden secrets and Quests.
In contrast to the 20 points I mentioned, these features are secondary and should therefore not be prioritised.

25. All Zombies abandon/follow/stay command/Icon for Hotbar to make using Zombies more fun.​

25. Make it possible to hold a torch offhand ! The dungeons are dark !​

Last edited:
Reactions: Raclaw

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem

1. Character models need to be upgraded to get better FPS and we need to be able to better distinguish opponents and friends in huge battles.

2. If the number of players is to be increased from 1500 to 5000 players, more dungeons and mechanisms that relieve the dungeons are needed.

The game needs more endgame mechanics that trigger a big battle every few hours in the open world to keep the PVP players busy, becuase bored PVP players destoy the game, if they these continuously kill new players.

3. We have been promised for a long time that we will be able to put the different block directions on separate keys when the game is released!

This gives the US players a little more MS to react to the swings.

4. It's annoying when the mounts run in front of the targets during dungeon runs and can't follow at a certain distance. You have to constantly use the all follow command, then all stay, then one player forgot to use the all follow command and stops the whole group because he has to run back.

5. The tower shield ruins the fun factor in Zerg fights. It's just overused and totally OP!

6. Optimizations and a slightly nicer capital. I actually like all cities except Tindrem and that's a shame since Tindrem is the capital.

7. More different small animals to make the world feel more alive.

8. If the number of players is to be increased from 1500 to 5000, the loot and aminal respawns must automatically vary depending on the number of players on a node and the server.

9. We don't need safe zones, we need players who hunt the griefers. Every role is important. Those of the killers as well as those who hunt the murdererm becuase this is creating content. Instead of sending the bounty hunters to distant cities, the bounty contracts should be regional and a maximum of 3km away, to punish the red players. If someone has a particularly large number of murder counts, more contracts should be issued to that person.

10. The crafting system in POE was so awesome that it should inspire the developers. Not every boss has to have a chance to drop trinkets and have a similar loot paterns, but should drop items with which you can reroll or change individual suffixes or prefixes of your trinkets that could only be found in specific dungeons.

11. A via bird contactable "stable boy" would improve the gameplay experience 1000x so that players don't feel wasting their time losing their mount in abandoned places.This could save so much travel time and many players cannot play for hours every day.

12. It's annoying when you have to spend several hours paying for the upkeep of guild friends when they're on vacation or can't play for a month.

13. Not every player will be able to build a house on Myrland as the player count increases. You should therefore be able to use a guild house efficiently!

14. The capes don't beautify the character if they clip through the shield. A reason why I don't want one.

15. Especially the black market mentioned in this thread would be important, which would allow the game to let the monsters drop more loot without competing with the crafters and ruining their business.

16. The thief mechanics in the previous game were not mallow

17. Necromancy could be so much more fun.

The zombie mechanics have to be revised, necromancy pets have to be buffed and a counter has to be introduced. Silver weapons could deal high damage to undead creatures and we need placeable ritual tables for our houses.

18. The doors do not close and open properly. The player must aim exactly at the frame! This feels buggy and not mature like a game should feel after release.

19. More mechanics to socialize with other players instead of just fighting each other.

Members of smaller guilds could easily bridge the time until the guild friends come online if they can play a game of chess or dice poker.

20. It needs methods to re-equip faster.

This could also apply to the marketplace. It is usually quicker to craft the gear instead of buying a steel set and the weapon in the marketplace. It would be nice to be able to create a layout in the marketplace to buy all items at once.

Sounds like baby talk.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021

15. Especially the black market mentioned in this thread would be important, which would allow the game to let the monsters drop more loot without competing with the crafters and ruining their business.

If the black market its implemented the npc needs to be in lawles towns, else it doesnt make any sense.

In Albion Black market is in Caerleon wich its considered a bandit city and its is in the middle of a lot of full loot maps that are camped by gankers so you need to be lucky and very skilled to not be found or outrun the gankers of bait and kill them.
Olso in Albion when a player gets killed the items that are in his inventory/equipment trash so the crafters in the game have something to craft.

Good Luck

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
If the black market its implemented the npc needs to be in lawles towns, else it doesnt make any sense.

In Albion Black market is in Caerleon wich its considered a bandit city and its is in the middle of a lot of full loot maps that are camped by gankers so you need to be lucky and very skilled to not be found or outrun the gankers of bait and kill them.
Olso in Albion when a player gets killed the items that are in his inventory/equipment trash so the crafters in the game have something to craft.

Good Luck
Would make sense, becuase some items should sell for more money to blackmarket, if the Lootpool is empty and the risk vs reward should be to travel to a Kranesh to get the maximum profit.
Blackmarket would be a nice item sink and allow the game to drop more interesting loot that was created by players.
The Blackmarket could destoy 2-3 of every 5 Tungsteel swords sold to the blackmarket and add the remaining 2-3 swords to the monster loot pool. Then the game could roll 1-2 magic stats on them and drop them as an unidentified items. If the item you find are crap (cronite Torch) or whatever you could still destoy it to get some of the mats back with the smelt mechanic Henrick was talking about a while ago. This would then be an additional item sink and the blackmarket would demand a new one.

It is very important to get enough item and gold sink mechanics !

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
weapons aren´t priced by crafting quality, they are priced according material costs and this is sad and why Point 10 would be very important for crafters !

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like I said I've poured countless hours into this gam, and probably countless... 1/2... 1/4... 1/8.... LY LESS than everyone on this forum. I don't support making the game easier for people who only have a few hours to play.

I believe the game should be driven by all sorts of people: people who never log will push certain parts... rock, etc. Then there need to be people like me who might log in and buy order, chop up some mats, and put it on broker. Or might go spend 20 minutes bagging up 8 stax of urials.

The key is to make something for people to do. There needs to be more stuff near towns. There are sewers, there is a graveyard (tho I do miss the underground GY part, is there still one in TIN? :eek:) I was listening to the Ys III soundtrack, and there is a great theme where you are running up the stairs of this tower, near the last boss, and it occurred to me, I would like MO to have more buildings. I know line of sight is a nightmare, but once you clear out stuff, imagine having a bigger tower... even haven dungeon is more like a cave. I'm talking about something with rooms, stairs, windows, imagine jumping from one window and dropping into another the floor below, etc. Then people could have pvp in more interested places. We got mountains, we got bandit camps, we got water, we got caves, dungeons, time for castles and such IN THE WORLD.

Even if the people who are in the castle are NPCs with area relevant rep. Or that give area relevant rep. Just add in more places... like the distance between town and the gains should NOT be related. Make it so it's not so easy to get into them, but they exist... make them look like an 'enemy keep' that's open except with more pathways up and down and TALLER hopefully! I said before I would like to see shadowrun MO2... haha. Make it like apartments. Add in stuff like that.

TLDR: develop the area around towns beyond bush pigs and zombos... and we won't need to worry about who has time. If you got the gear and the squad, you should be able to walk right over and farm something decent. Just my PoV! At least in SOME towns. Sewers don't really get me excited... not as much as running around a big building could.

Reactions: Elijah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
" There are sewers, there is a graveyard (tho I do miss the underground GY part"

Me too. A second Level would be needed with different mobs like skeletons, liches or mummies and a small boss.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
" There are sewers, there is a graveyard (tho I do miss the underground GY part"

Me too. A second Level would be needed with different mobs like skeletons, liches or mummies and a small boss.

agree agree, the main thing is the idea that good content should be far away from town doesn't entirely jive with me. There can be END GAME content, but there should be plenty of make a living stuff. I kinda see how they wanna keep the make a living kids away from the miners and pickers, but if they are on their way back, they aren't gonna stop, they are gonna head into town with their loot.

They need stuff that's big enough you can farm without people being on top of you, but with enough pathways that you are bound to run into people, too.

There are so many ways they could go with building stuff, but I really think that their next attempt, instead of a dungeon or catacomb, is to build something UPWARDS. It would be very interesting.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Bounty contracts should expire after a day or 2. You should be able to hold up to 5 contracts, they should be more local and should not drop on death. You should be able to acquire cosmetic sould bound items, tatoos and so on with the earned coins.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021

22.Market improvements.​

We should get a Chat Tab for sold Items and receive messages, when we sold items in different towns, where and when they got sold, wo the chat resetting after relog. Something like a trade history. The massage could be delete, as soon as the gold have been picked up from veredary.

23. Improvements for the rendering character preview (should be turned off by default)​

24. Gaining TC Points should have an Influence on rare mob spawns, droprate and chance to drop rare loot, to make players want to live in the growing Kingdoms which means more Tax income.​

https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/the-tc-influence-could-have-an-impact-on-rare-mobs.10964/

A new continent, ships, new magic schools, special abilities for melee weapons, would all be all nice add ons, but first the game have to be improved, polished balanced and the existing continent should be expanded with more content, dungeons, hidden secrets and Quests.
In contrast to the 20 points I mentioned, these features are secondary and should therefore not be prioritised.

25. All Zombies abandon/follow/stay command/Icon for Hotbar to make using Zombies more fun.​

25. Make it possible to hold a torch offhand ! The dungeons are dark !​

Nice job compiling all these olds posts and such. It's great for better getting the message to SV. I think almost everybody wants most of these changes.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You mentioned things that save time in saeveral of these. I think thats very important. One of my biggest issues with MO2, is theres so much time spent doing literally nothing. Ghosting to a different town is literally throwing out 20-30 minutes of your life for 0 reason when ghost fast travel should exist. Walking to the stable thats too far away. Walking back to the bank. Walking to the workbenches. Walking back to the bank. Walking back to the stable. Traveling anywhere farther than 1 town away. Etc. It just feels like the game is throwing out my time, I'd rather play a different game, that I'm actually playing the part of the game I want to play, when I'm playing it. MO needs to spend less time on worthless shit and more time doing what you actually wanted to do.

Reactions: Gnidex