~1k out of a possible 40k players are playing....

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Sooooooooo many bugs with skills, sticking on terrain, items getting deleted, plus the prospect of the wipe.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Guys, all stated deadlines in the world are BS. They’re platitudes given to interested parties (usually an investor) to placate expectations, but all deadlines were made to be exceeded. Just consider it a part of the human condition.

justanothergamer

Apr 8, 2021
this game is 100% dead within the first week of launch and by that i mean slightly above or exactly where the mo1 numbers ended when this game started because thats all that will stay. getting into this games difficult/alot to learn without someone helping alot and there is just about 0 new player retention cause of all the griefing id say maybe of every new player checking this out 10% and thats being super generous are retained after the first week of each new beta/game launch

Belteyn

Nov 29, 2020
Cambridge, UK
this game is 100% dead within the first week of launch and by that i mean slightly above or exactly where the mo1 numbers ended when this game started because thats all that will stay. getting into this games difficult/alot to learn without someone helping alot and there is just about 0 new player retention cause of all the griefing id say maybe of every new player checking this out 10% and thats being super generous are retained after the first week of each new beta/game launch

So why are you here posting? If your mystical prediction skills are so accurate you should be off doing something else.

Reactions: Xunila

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
before people say steamdb is not accurate

I guess the question is this game DoA? The server issues obviously hurt, but other bugs were a contributing factor. Sure it's beta, but they legit thought the game was going to launch last nov, and again in march. They've basically gave this game away, but the pop drop has been massive.

You do realise the point of a stress test right?

All I see every day is people complaining that their skills have been rolled back or bugs preventing them from making money/gear. The point is to make sure that when the game does go into beta and is accessible by everyone (not just closed beta keys) that the server has been properly adjusted to let them all in.

yeah sure, it sucks you can't get what you want done, done. However nothing you gain now other than experience on how the game works will be their when it does go persistent. MO1 for the most part had less than 300 people playing at any given time, yet. Those of us who did play never felt that game was dead. Their was always a war going on or people doing PVE, farming, crafting, trading ect. ect.

Games like Mortal Online/Gloria Victis/Life is Feudal aren't built to handle 100,000 of people, it simply doesn't work. Could you imagine how chaotic the game would be with 1000 players in every town. You think the bugs are stopping you from getting anything done, yet swarms of people will make it pretty much impossible.

If I were to predict anything its that MO2 will have double numbers of what MO1 pulled, around 400-500 people playing daily a few months after persistent and in my opinion, that's just fine.

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
I may assure you that there're literally thousands of players (including myself) who aren't interested in beta participation and waiting for the final release. Judging player numbers based on some random beta calculations is so wrong.

HurtBox

Nov 18, 2020
500-700 people on EU prime (that's not including americans playing that time), over 1k during NA prime time.

Why is the server hosted in london again? lol.

Reactions: Ruthless

HurtBox

Nov 18, 2020
Games like Mortal Online/Gloria Victis/Life is Feudal aren't built to handle 100,000 of people, it simply doesn't work. Could you imagine how chaotic the game would be with 1000 players in every town. You think the bugs are stopping you from getting anything done, yet swarms of people will make it pretty much impossible.

If I were to predict anything its that MO2 will have double numbers of what MO1 pulled, around 400-500 people playing daily a few months after persistent and in my opinion, that's just fine.

400-500 on the size of the map as it is? Are you crazy. This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not a rust server. Henrik has openly said he wants to compete against EvE. The game needs a large sustainable pop other wise it will die off, just like those aforementioned games, and in perhaps in a fraction of the time.

If the server can't support thousands of players that's a fundamental design flaw that will kill the game in no time flat and they should go back to the drawing board.

jetplane

Apr 9, 2021
Full loot is more popular now with the proliferation of survival games and battle royales; something that wasn't really a thing 11 years ago. In fact mo1 pioneered a lot of the mechanics you find in modern survival games. That's why I disagree when people call mo2 a niche game. MO1 was niche 11 years ago, but mo2 is basically medival rust with a criminal system and a few additional convoluted mechanics. Theres many in the survival community that want a large scale experience like MO2. The only problem is they want it polished, and mo2 goes out of its way to inconvenience the player and provide a mediocre to bad user experience "just cause".

I don't think you understand the game, what it is supposed to be or it's development process, which is fine not everyone does or has to. Everyone else pretty much explained what is going on above me and if you spent some time ingame you'd realize the game even in it's current state is far from empty.

HurtBox

Nov 18, 2020
I don't think you understand the game, what it is supposed to be or it's development process, which is fine not everyone does or has to. Everyone else pretty much explained what is going on above me and if you spent some time ingame you'd realize the game even in it's current state is far from empty.
You've basically said a whole lot of nothing. Not only do I understand the game, I'm also objective. They legit thought the game was going to launch in november, and then again in march soon after the stress test. Launching in its current state would be a disaster. The current game is less feature complete than the original. Huge features like housing, keeps, sieges, TC aren't in the game yet and they're expecting to people to buy a box price and sub fee to test these for them. Sub fee in EA is laughable.

I hope the game does well but I don't see how it's possible with henrik at the helm.

Reactions: Lolshaze

jetplane

Apr 9, 2021
You've basically said a whole lot of nothing. Not only do I understand the game, I'm also objective. They legit thought the game was going to launch in november, and then again in march soon after the stress test. Launching in its current state would be a disaster. The current game is less feature complete than the original. Huge features like housing, keeps, sieges, TC aren't in the game yet and they're expecting to people to buy a box price and sub fee to test these for them. Sub fee in EA is laughable.

I hope the game does well but I don't see how it's possible with henrik at the helm.

No worries man you're good. Like I said it's totally fine you don't have to, and no one expects you to either. If you take a look at steamdb there are plenty of other options.

Attachments

• Capturess.PNG
    Capturess.PNG
    785 KB · Views: 19

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
And I will judge your sincerity by if and for how long you stick around if it does do well. Everything said, implied, "stated as a question", etc., about this game has to be read in full knowledge that some folks just hate the damned thing and never wanted it to happen. Maybe not you, but others. They made their feelings and even their plans abundantly clear.

@Dominatrixx has some of the answer to the questions, I think: There are people who are leery of beta versions and steer clear of them. Maybe thousands, maybe not.

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Our own guild as a random anecdote has a dozen or so new players who all seem excited to play the game and bought beta keys.
So I find this an encouraging sign

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
400-500 on the size of the map as it is? Are you crazy. This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not a rust server. Henrik has openly said he wants to compete against EvE. The game needs a large sustainable pop other wise it will die off, just like those aforementioned games, and in perhaps in a fraction of the time.

If the server can't support thousands of players that's a fundamental design flaw that will kill the game in no time flat and they should go back to the drawing board.

Based on my experience of how active MO1 was with its population, then multiplying that population relative to the increased map size is how I came up with 400-500. If you think the game will die off on these numbers, or are expecting 1000's of players, then you either never played MO1 or you are naïve beyond comprehension.