15 dead horses, zero deaths or loot lost to MAs, just blatant griefing

GMACK

Apr 8, 2021
cool game. never had this issue in MO1 not one time. why can a mounted archer kill your horse with zero counter play? they do more damage in the time frame that it takes you to cast 1 heal on your horse by 5x the amount of your heal through horse armor. Mounted melee combat used to be good in MO1, mounted mages used to be good in MO1. Who is in charge of balancing? There is plenty of other posts talking about the same issue. I doubt anyone who actually is in charge of making balance changes even looks at this forum lol. Probably too busy listening to streamers complain about pvpers in a hardcore full loot open world sandbox

Reactions: Sgr

Logen

Feb 15, 2022
What is your suggestion to solve the problem?

Higher stamina drain from mounted archery?
Less accuracy when horse is moving?
More HP for horses?
Stronger armour that protects against piercing? (Would make aiming more important)

Does your issue apply to bears and other pets too, or just horses?

(Discord is a nice forum, but not when there are too many users, it just becomes another twitch chat, pointless and full of noise.)

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
cool game. never had this issue in MO1 not one time. why can a mounted archer kill your horse with zero counter play? they do more damage in the time frame that it takes you to cast 1 heal on your horse by 5x the amount of your heal through horse armor. Mounted melee combat used to be good in MO1, mounted mages used to be good in MO1. Who is in charge of balancing? There is plenty of other posts talking about the same issue. I doubt anyone who actually is in charge of making balance changes even looks at this forum lol. Probably too busy listening to streamers complain about pvpers in a hardcore full loot open world sandbox
Well your first problem is trying to outheal while sitting on your horse in what I can only assume is trash horse armor. Your description suggests that this was a 1v1 so you should have just calmly hopped off the horse, used it as cover, and kept it alive while peppering the MA's horse with damage. If you aren't missing 90% of your shots you should either scare them off because you are too tanky or kill their horse allowing you to either run away on your horse or straight up kill them since they now are easier to hit with your spells.
Now obviously a smart MA will roll around with a Longbow and just destroy your horse after you kill theirs, but at that point it becomes a fairer fight between FM and FA.

At the moment even in Steel armor worth 200g Horses are a joke to kill due to Mammalia being so strong. They should honestly just remove the damage bonus to player owned pets from zoologies then they can better balance out the pvp dynamic between all of the more common builds.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They don't, just look at last patch on forums. it's all discord which is cancer.

Nah they look at it imo. I still believe ( song )

But yea not going to the discord cuz I don't wanna get BAND.