Is there a plan to nerf magic soon?

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Not really.
Thunder lash does around 45 damage. A 123 dex vheela has 140 mana so he can cast 4 T-lashes for about 180 damage.
I dont know what game you've been playing but with a fully maxed mage character you can cast tunderlashes untill the end of time, because guess what, a full skill mage only uses half the mana, and his mana recovery is so high that it grows back during the fight.

All that talk about pets and necro can be had by a warrior just as easily, most mages have it because otherwise they cant kill anything.
No, you really cannot have pets as a foot fighter, because you cannot heal them. The main reason why you dont see every thursar and his mother with max level terror birds running amok, is the fact that they would lose them too fast, being unable to heal them during fights, because they cant afford the skills to do so.

On top of that a warrior can just take out a bow and out dps a mage 2 to 1 with his paper armour and low hp, while tanking any magic damage simply with his high HP. A long bow will melt a mage and even a short bow will out dps the mage as he will run out of mana.
And the argument that Bow > Magic is the dumbest thing people that have no actual combat experience make. Let me explain why that is the case, you see, magic is hitscan, i put my mouse on you = you die. Arrows are not hitscan, not only do they have to travel the distance, the shooter being given no guarantee that his target will not move by the time the arrow gets there, but also arrows being affected by gravity, giving them an extra variable as to why you will not hit all your shots. But hitting all your magic abilities? Piece of cake.

And guess what. You can cast necro spells while sprinting.

I don't even know why im entertaining this kind of inexperienced player as yourself, but its because of people liek this, of true carebears like you that the game is in such a state. This is how red priests got removed, this is how guards were adedd outside towns, this is how mounted magery was buffed... Absolute travesty.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Sounds like you are just bad at using a bow. I have no issues hitting mages from much firther than they can hit thunderlash. And no, dex mages dont have limitless mana, if they use offensive spells they go out of mana quick, you are mixing up fat mages and dex mages. Thats just in you head.
You can bandage pets as a warrior you just cant heal as much as a mage. So much fail all over your posts.
Just keep dying to dex mages and call yourself elite. Ill just keep laughing.

Reactions: Elijah

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Sounds like you are just bad at using a bow. I have no issues hitting mages from much firther than they can hit thunderlash. And no, dex mages dont have limitless mana, if they use offensive spells they go out of mana quick, you are mixing up fat mages and dex mages. Thats just in you head.
You can bandage pets as a warrior you just cant heal as much as a mage. So much fail all over your posts.
1. in most fights you cant just pull out a bow without being focused instantly by another melee or the same mage with ws daggers. and equip/unequip bow melee swap takes ages.
2. mages have around 160-190 mana and can cast more than 5 TL and no.. they dont hit only for 45, mages with 110+ int hit around 35-45 on psy toons with 80 psy and 50-65 on 10psy. DH even faster and with same dmg and self heal but thats another story.
3. warriors cant heal pets with bandages during fights, bandage heal nothing if pet is focused. just a meme build

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
1. in most fights you cant just pull out a bow without being focused instantly by another melee or the same mage with ws daggers. and equip/unequip bow melee swap takes ages.
2. mages have around 160-190 mana and can cast more than 5 TL and no.. they dont hit only for 45, mages with 110+ int hit around 35-45 on psy toons with 80 psy and 50-65 on 10psy. DH even faster and with same dmg and self heal but thats another story.
3. warriors cant heal pets with bandages during fights, bandage heal nothing if pet is focused. just a meme build
We are talking about a 1vs1, not team fights. Mages get focused twice as hard in team fights than ant bow user, but again a complete different discussion.

The only way for an Alvarin to have that much mana is to go bony which gives you 130 hp. Thats litterally 2 long bow shots, or 2 melee swings. Even easier to kill for a melee. If you cant land 2 bow shots or 2 melee hits on a mage, while he takes 15 seconds standing almost still to cat 5 t-lashes, just do yourself a favour and uninstall the game. You are horrible.

If you are talking about other types of mages then ill tell you hat they are much easier to run down and 2 shot in melee range.

I never said during the fight, but you can heal your pet, and you dont need to heal your pet when it 2 shoots the mage with 130 hP and paper armour. Pets are disgustingly effective against mages so im not sure what you call meme. Most melee builds dont have pets because they dont need them, 100 points in archery is all thats needed to make a mage run away or die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elijah

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
There is a major imbalance within the PvP spectrum of the game. The issue isn't magery itself, it's one element of the wider issue. What is the issue is what builds are able to be made. It's the combination of magic, mounted archery and Beast Master or Necro pets that disrupt the balance. Having a super multi spec'd builds that gets even stronger with trinkets.

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
1. In most fights you can't just cast because it slows you down if you're not a necromancer. Equipment swap is too slow but it dowsn't only affect melee-builds.
2. Dexmages have 160mana if they are at least underweight and therefore down to about 150hp. At 115 INT T-Lash has a base damage of 49-62( with all primaries) So Psyche seems useless if your numbers are correct. At 115 INT (im not at 115 anymore coz it's too squishy for my book) I could chaincast i think 6 or 7 T-Lashes if I'm casting nothing else. But then a mage is out of mana and useless.
Necromancy /Sprint casting is a problem in general and should really be adressed.
3. I also think pets without magic are mostly a goldsink, however every small critter can interrupt casting and outrun a footmage. So a cheap wolf or Belbus probably goes a long way (for one fight..)

A melee build who is actually built to play the game and not just run along with a zerg is more than equipped to deal with magic.
If melee-builds however decide to run around with 10psy, no primary points in ecu (reflect is f*****g 50 points) and no bow, sorry but that's on them and i will happily run circles around these fools. And this whole primary-point debate with footies is just so, soooo dishonest. They say they don't have primaries left but c'mon do you think i run meditation? or armor training? or aggro/defensive stance? Hell no! People just look up " Meta Melee Chad" and make a build without much thought. That's the problem.

• Angry
Reactions: Rynnik

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
im just saying nerf offensive spells range and buff heal range. for a better balance. rest is ok

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
What a crap Thread.

In every town u can see how a mage vs melee duel ends.

U dont see them? Guess why.
I am talking about lack of creativity,following tired cliches copied and paste from game to game,sorry ass state of gaming industry in general.
And you are trying to challenge me for a duel with your mage?

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I dont know what game you've been playing but with a fully maxed mage character you can cast tunderlashes untill the end of time, because guess what, a full skill mage only uses half the mana, and his mana recovery is so high that it grows back during the fight.

No, you really cannot have pets as a foot fighter, because you cannot heal them. The main reason why you dont see every thursar and his mother with max level terror birds running amok, is the fact that they would lose them too fast, being unable to heal them during fights, because they cant afford the skills to do so.

And the argument that Bow > Magic is the dumbest thing people that have no actual combat experience make. Let me explain why that is the case, you see, magic is hitscan, i put my mouse on you = you die. Arrows are not hitscan, not only do they have to travel the distance, the shooter being given no guarantee that his target will not move by the time the arrow gets there, but also arrows being affected by gravity, giving them an extra variable as to why you will not hit all your shots. But hitting all your magic abilities? Piece of cake.

I don't even know why im entertaining this kind of inexperienced player as yourself, but its because of people liek this, of true carebears like you that the game is in such a state. This is how red priests got removed, this is how guards were adedd outside towns, this is how mounted magery was buffed... Absolute travesty.
Ah, I see. Just a troll everyone. Move on.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I don't know what game you've been playing but with a fully maxed mage character you can cast tunderlashes until the end of time, because guess what, a full skill mage only uses half the mana, and his mana recovery is so high that it grows back during the fight.
Have you ever played a mage? I have 250 MANA and my MANA regen still isn't high enough to indefinitely spam T-lash. When I had 140 MANA it was 4 T-lashes and then useless for 30 seconds. Sounds like you're the one with no experience.
No, you really cannot have pets as a foot fighter, because you cannot heal them. The main reason why you don't see every thursar and his mother with max level terror birds running amok, is the fact that they would lose them too fast, being unable to heal them during fights, because they cant afford the skills to do so.
Mage pets die just as easy? You can't out heal a footie going HAM on a target that can't block. Another point for you not having any experience. That or you're just that bad at the game.
Why even try to change your mind if you're so ignorant that you think this is true? It's easier to land arrows at the range that you can cast than it is to use this janky ass hit-scan, and then most mages are lucky to do enough damage with their 4 T-lashes to kill anybody.

I don't even know why I'm entertaining this kind of inexperienced player as yourself, but its because of people like this, of true care bears like you that the game is in such a state. This is how red priests got removed, this is how guards were added outside towns, this is how mounted magery was buffed... Absolute travesty.
Not sure why I'm entertaining you, either. Clearly you don't play the game. Also, I took the liberty of correcting some spelling errors for you. You're welcome.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Have you ever played a mage? I have 250 MANA and my MANA regen still isn't high enough to indefinitely spam T-lash. When I had 140 MANA it was 4 T-lashes and then useless for 30 seconds. Sounds like you're the one with no experience.
Yes, I have played a mage, multiple times. Even before mages were buffed to hell and beyond. I played a mage when mages were bad, back before necromancy. You do one fulmination, one T-lash, and put your 3 max level direwolves or 1 max level turtle, or literally any other pet on a full melee character, whoever he may be, and he is dead. All the while you did a whole lot of 3 keyboard presses, and kept your mouse on the target. And guess what, that guy has no chance. NOne. Zero, zilch, nada. And let's just say for the sake of the argument you don't have pets, which, i don't know why you wouldn't, as a mage, its meta, but let's just say you don't. You still have zombies. Make 3 big zeds, put them on the guy, fulminate him as well, he has no chance. You just run around and wait for him to die. I don't know what kind of experience is required to realize this, maybe you're just severely brain impaired and cannot think for the life of you.

Mage pets die just as easy? You can't out heal a footie going HAM on a target that can't block. Another point for you not having any experience. That or you're just that bad at the game.
Have you ever tried killing 3 max level direwolves that attack you, while, at the same time, a mage fulminates you? Guess what, i have, multiple times. It doesn't end well, not just that, it cannot end well. Not even a thursar with lifeheal can take care of that, it is not possible.
It's not possible even if the guy only has 1 pet, have you ever fought a max level brown bear and a mage at the same time? Its not possible.
So what if you can't outheal a footie going HAM on your pet? Worst case scenario, your pet dies, but guess what, the footie does too, i see a really good deal for you, and a really bad deal for the footie.

Why even try to change your mind if you're so ignorant that you think this is true? It's easier to land arrows at the range that you can cast than it is to use this janky ass hit-scan, and then most mages are lucky to do enough damage with their 4 T-lashes to kill anybody.
The main reason why i know for sure you're an idiot, is because you can only think in one dimension. "Blah blah blah i can't cast 4 t-lashes and blast the guy into oblivion before he bows me down", well start thinking of the broader picture here, it's not about your T-lashes, its not about your pets, its not about your zombies, or your fast cast speed on horseback, or your hitscan attacks, or y our AoE elementalism spells, no, it's not any of those. ITS ALL OF THOSE mate, that's what makes a mage severely overpowered compared to a melee, the versatility.
Of course you'll lose if all you do is stay in one place and cast t-lashes expecting the melee to not murder you in the meantime, but the same thing goes both ways, of course a melee will lose if all he does is pull out a bow and start shooting your turtle. You simply have 10 tools to deal with the melee, and the melee has one. And you counter it. Easily.

Not sure why I'm entertaining you, either. Clearly you don't play the game. Also, I took the liberty of correcting some spelling errors for you. You're welcome.
Yea, keep telling yourself that, it's not like its easy to check the fact that i know what i'm taking about, it's not like there's 30+ youtube videos that can clearly sustain my, not only ability and knowledge of the game, but also how i've aquired it during a long period of time, and also the fact that all i've done in this game is PVP. But then again, you're just a carebear with no idea whatsoever, so, disregarding your opinion entirely, maybe somebody else around here with at least half a brain will learn somethnig from my replies.

Reactions: Rynnik and Zbuciorn

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Every other thread here is about mages with pets being OP. Mages with pets, mages with pets.

Yes, PETS are busted OP. pets will be even more OP when they get armour. And even more when you'll be able to ride them. You shouldn't be able to be a mage AND have fighting pets, especially multiple pets. That is stupidly OP.its a brain dead play-stile that simply has no counter in small scale pvp.

But the problem here is Beast Mastery and Ritualism, NOT magery. A mage by himself, with no pets, does not win a 1vs1 against a melee. Thats why they all get pets, because otherwise they dont do shit.

If you want to complain about the broken pet system im all for it, but dont tell me that a solo dex mage is a huge threat to a melee. This just makes you look like a nube.

Last edited:

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
The coolest thing about MO2 is unique possibility for massive pvp battles.
I love to run in huge zerg because other games do not have it.
It takes a lot of practice to became proficient front line soldier and I am cool with being handicapped in many ways just to play that one role.
Yet mages want to have it all great farming,1v1,small scale pvp,massive battles.
I find most of magician very selfish.
The whole guilds work to get their spell books and those guys do not show up for training,are not there to support their guild during pvp.
Not all of them but it is very common.

Magic with its abstract concept could be very original-tupilac is cool for example- and now we start to get the same boring classes we can remember from any game since EQ.

I would like to apologize for direct and provocative tone of my posts and thank all contributors who express their opinions here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rynnik

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
You CAN'T have 3 max level Direwolves out at once... Please stop the constant exaggeration. Even with full Herding the third one is lvl 69 max. But still pets should have higher petpoint costs for lower levels or be useless until reaching max level.
If you have to decide between shooting a 150hp mage or a turtle...just shoot the mage and ignore the slow ass turtle. Thunderlash has a range of 23m, that's not much. A good archer will start blasting you from at least twice the range and will 3-4 shot every dexmage, but i guess that's just "skill".
And now to "Mages want it all" 1. Great farming : lol what?! For farming you use a mounted archer. If mages want to farm alone,they NEED pets while footies need a bow and a horse. 2. Small scale PvP: That's what the players have built their mages for. Dexmages are the fastest builds in the game and No you should not be able to catch them with your tincan-orc bouncer builds. Massive battles: If zerglings clump up and get blasted with elementalism, it's because they did a mistake by clumping up in the first place/ getting baited. Usually mages will heal/corrupt during huge fights, since its much more effective manawise to heal instead of doing damage. Damagespells are for pressurng key-targets or for finishing off people who overextended.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Every other thread here is about mages with pets being OP. Mages with pets, mages with pets.

Yes, PETS are busted OP. pets will be even more OP when they get armour. And even more when you'll be able to ride them. You shouldn't be able to be a mage AND have fighting pets, especially multiple pets. That is stupidly OP.its a brain dead play-stile that simply has no counter in small scale pvp.

But the problem here is Beast Mastery and Ritualism, NOT magery. A mage by himself, with no pets, does not win a 1vs1 against a melee. Thats why they all get pets, because otherwise they dont do shit.

If you want to complain about the broken pet system im all for it, but dont tell me that a solo dex mage is a huge threat to a melee. This just makes you look like a nube.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I haven't really been following this conversation, but I just wanted to say that even with just 50 Archery and no other archery skills, on my Ogh footie, I do not fear a solo mage at all, mounted or not.

The worst usual outcome is that they have good horse armor and it ends in a stalemate of them just running away over and over to heal their horse, while I k-thunk it with a longbow.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I dont understand what you are trying to show here. You killing bad players that just let you free cast and then they run away? People that are hitting you for 15 with a dagger (wtf is that) and mostly just missing all their shots? You fighting with a melee guildie and 2vs1 a guy to death? What happend after?

Not a single one had a bow. Not a single one kept constant pressure on you. Not a single one popped a potion. Those are trash players, and even then you had to edit parts out.

The last one equipped a friken shield/dagger to chase down a mage, he literally walked towards you watching you free cast multiple times, he gets you to 30% and you have to pot, he gets stuck on a rock(lucky you), then he gets low and doesnt pot or keep hitting you… no, he runs away like complete idiot. You are also completely out of mana by the end and have to stab him to finish him. I mean congrats you had a pot and he didnt, but can you find a more pathetic opponent? Cringe video man.

Show a 1vs1 against a good melee holding a steel weapon and a bow. Someone that can actually hit something and doesn't just run away.

Last edited:

JimJam

Apr 23, 2022
Yes, I have played a mage, multiple times. Even before mages were buffed to hell and beyond. I played a mage when mages were bad, back before necromancy. You do one fulmination, one T-lash, and put your 3 max level direwolves or 1 max level turtle, or literally any other pet on a full melee character, whoever he may be, and he is dead. All the while you did a whole lot of 3 keyboard presses, and kept your mouse on the target. And guess what, that guy has no chance. NOne. Zero, zilch, nada. And let's just say for the sake of the argument you don't have pets, which, i don't know why you wouldn't, as a mage, its meta, but let's just say you don't. You still have zombies. Make 3 big zeds, put them on the guy, fulminate him as well, he has no chance. You just run around and wait for him to die. I don't know what kind of experience is required to realize this, maybe you're just severely brain impaired and cannot think for the life of you.

Have you ever tried killing 3 max level direwolves that attack you, while, at the same time, a mage fulminates you? Guess what, i have, multiple times. It doesn't end well, not just that, it cannot end well. Not even a thursar with lifeheal can take care of that, it is not possible.
It's not possible even if the guy only has 1 pet, have you ever fought a max level brown bear and a mage at the same time? Its not possible.
So what if you can't outheal a footie going HAM on your pet? Worst case scenario, your pet dies, but guess what, the footie does too, i see a really good deal for you, and a really bad deal for the footie.

The main reason why i know for sure you're an idiot, is because you can only think in one dimension. "Blah blah blah i can't cast 4 t-lashes and blast the guy into oblivion before he bows me down", well start thinking of the broader picture here, it's not about your T-lashes, its not about your pets, its not about your zombies, or your fast cast speed on horseback, or your hitscan attacks, or y our AoE elementalism spells, no, it's not any of those. ITS ALL OF THOSE mate, that's what makes a mage severely overpowered compared to a melee, the versatility.
Of course you'll lose if all you do is stay in one place and cast t-lashes expecting the melee to not murder you in the meantime, but the same thing goes both ways, of course a melee will lose if all he does is pull out a bow and start shooting your turtle. You simply have 10 tools to deal with the melee, and the melee has one. And you counter it. Easily.

Yea, keep telling yourself that, it's not like its easy to check the fact that i know what i'm taking about, it's not like there's 30+ youtube videos that can clearly sustain my, not only ability and knowledge of the game, but also how i've aquired it during a long period of time, and also the fact that all i've done in this game is PVP. But then again, you're just a carebear with no idea whatsoever, so, disregarding your opinion entirely, maybe somebody else around here with at least half a brain will learn somethnig from my replies.
I think your problem is pets and not mages. And walkers cant catch up to a footie, either charge the mage or just run away, walkers are only strong when the footie has no cover, and no horse. One big part of all of this is being left out, is that becoming a mage is a massive gold sink, and the cost per kit for tamers is very high. A footie could use full steel for what it costs a tamer. To become a strong mage, you need a 100x the amount of gold a footie needs. Not to mention time, in both these respects. A footie takes a day to set up, and youre done.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
I think your problem is pets and not mages. And walkers cant catch up to a footie, either charge the mage or just run away, walkers are only strong when the footie has no cover, and no horse. One big part of all of this is being left out, is that becoming a mage is a massive gold sink, and the cost per kit for tamers is very high. A footie could use full steel for what it costs a tamer. To become a strong mage, you need a 100x the amount of gold a footie needs. Not to mention time, in both these respects. A footie takes a day to set up, and youre done.
What it takes to achieve something overpowered is irrelevant. It is overpowered. Whether it takes 10 gold to create a footie and 10000 gold to create a mage, and 1 day to create a footie but 10 days to create a mage, it does not change the fact that at the end of the 10 days and 10k gold, the mage is better.

What a dying footie will see on the battlefield is how a t-lash and a fulmination hit him while an angry terror bird pecks at his head, not the effort it took the mage to get to this place.
But yes, i do agree that the grind is very imbalanced,

The argument that the problem is Pets is a worthwhile discussion, Pets currently have no stamina, therefor, when somebody clicks your character, you will be charged until the end of the world. But here's the thing, if you put it all on paper, let's say you take out Taming entirely, out of the game, it does not exist. Mages are still better. Why?
1. AOE spells
2. Zombies that, ok, they are slow, but at the very least will enable you not to die to a footie, if not kill him.
3. Hitscan damage, no skill involved in casting it, simply put your cursor on the guy.
4. Almost immortal horse riding skills, due to fast heals on horseback
5. And most importantly, the overall versatility in dealing with situations. Meaning, you get a lot of tools for a lot of different situations, that a melee does not get. This is the main problem with mages. The versatility. Well, it's not really a problem, the actual problem is the fact that footies don't have this versatility. It's not that the Mage is overpowered, its just that the Mage is overpowered in comparison to footies.