Fish encyclopedia

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I doubt there is a set up for trinkets. Probably closer to pure RNG on if you get one on the line. In saying that there is probably a "sweet" spot weather it's location and or depth.

Aeril

May 15, 2022
never seen this before

Attachments

• 20220608155032_1 - Copy.jpg
    20220608155032_1 - Copy.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220608155032_1.jpg
    20220608155032_1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 27

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
I doubt there is a set up for trinkets. Probably closer to pure RNG on if you get one on the line. In saying that there is probably a "sweet" spot weather it's location and or depth.

well, we don't know if for example the rarest trinkets are limited by the depth used or location, i have been told that some fisher have already found gold amulets so either they have done something differently or they have farmed hundreds of trinkets by now.

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
well, we don't know if for example the rarest trinkets are limited by the depth used or location, i have been told that some fisher have already found gold amulets so either they have done something differently or they have farmed hundreds of trinkets by now.
In Meduli (safe zone) best I managed to get is cuprum+amethyst. So maybe some better in dangerous locations like CelineDion cave?

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
In Meduli (safe zone) best I managed to get is cuprum+amethyst. So maybe some better in dangerous locations like CelineDion cave?
That's what I have gotten in Meduli as well. Someone I know says he's got a gold before but usually gets copper for sure. I am not sure but deeper might have been a little better but only did a small test sample

Goldman301

May 6, 2022
Silver Topaz is the best I have caught so far on the FAB river.
I'm sure I'll catch Gold too, very low probability.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
1655022171782.png
This message alone has took away all my drive to fish, it gets into my nerves whenever i see it.

If you want to make trinkets rare make them rare but don't give me the hope of getting them whenever i see the catch behavior just to take it away after i finish the catch, why the fuck do i need to success two rolls in a row is mind-blowing to me, just make them a rarer occurrence.

Also there is no apparent way to lower the odds of this happening, so far every single person has personal bias and weird rituals on how to avoid this msg but i have tried them all and they don't do shit, it doesn't mater how you engage with the minigame, it doesn't matter where you position your camera, it doesn't matter at what depth or location you are in, it doesn't mater if you are using loot luck or trinket luck rings(witch btw if this is the case it should never be required in the first place )

Its just pure RNG on top of RNG layers serving only as a negative reinforcement of the act, and if there is any solution to avoid this problem its so obscure and unintuitive it should not be there on the first place. This sole MSG is ruining my fishing experience, whenever i see it i just get tilted and i want to do something else.

Noznam

May 18, 2022
View attachment 4508
This message alone has took away all my drive to fish, it gets into my nerves whenever i see it.

If you want to make trinkets rare make them rare but don't give me the hope of getting them whenever i see the catch behavior just to take it away after i finish the catch, why the fuck do i need to success two rolls in a row is mind-blowing to me, just make them a rarer occurrence.

Also there is no apparent way to lower the odds of this happening, so far every single person has personal bias and weird rituals on how to avoid this msg but i have tried them all and they don't do shit, it doesn't mater how you engage with the minigame, it doesn't matter where you position your camera, it doesn't matter at what depth or location you are in, it doesn't mater if you are using loot luck or trinket luck rings(witch btw if this is the case it should never be required in the first place )

Its just pure RNG on top of RNG layers serving only as a negative reinforcement of the act, and if there is any solution to avoid this problem its so obscure and unintuitive it should not be there on the first place. This sole MSG is ruining my fishing experience, whenever i see it i just get tilted and i want to do something else.

The Theory that you are kind of in an "Area" where a Trinket is, whenever you get that, helped for me.

I know a lot of this silly Rituals you are talking about, but 90% of the Time I play around that "The Fish got away"-Area there will be a Trinket.

So it pretty much gives you a Hint that you are close to one - At least this is my Experience with that so far.

Last edited:

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
View attachment 4508

To me it is one of two things, possibly. Because every cast, or every other cast, I can get a trinket on my line. So knowing that, and knowing the randomness of how often this "Fish got away" happens...

1) An added roll of RNG to the end of a trinket pull, determining whether or not you will succeed in the pull, designed that way to make things "more rare" etc. That is a shit system and i hope it is not the case.
or
2) It is a trinket, but you could not successfully pull it out of the water due to your level of rod/hook/line as it is probably a gold/skadite/oghmir quality parameter?

The first sounds more likely, unfortunately, and your post stands as a testament to how we all feel. Terrible.

Goldman301

May 6, 2022
View attachment 4508

I completely agree with this.
"The one that got away is the biggest".

YouOweMeCooki

May 25, 2022
The Theory that you are kind of in an "Area" where a Trinket is, whenever you get that, helped for me.

I know a lot of this silly Rituals you are talking about, but 90% of the Time I play around that "The Fish got away"-Area there will be a Trinket.

So it pretty much gives you a Hint that you are close to one - At least this is my Experience with that so far.

This is true. When Squirrelly told me this I got a lot more succes. When you get the "The fish got away!" message, it means you're in a range of like 7-10 depth from the actual location. Now all you have to do is find it

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Unless that's you on reddit be sure to credit
EDIT: Nvm it is, also bro dm me for access and ill add my notes :p
tbh it's kind of dated and not a great way to accurately represent things since there are so many other factors like specific location, time of day, other baits and so many other things. I leave it to better minds to figure out the right way to properly display the best fishing information.

but i figure it might help as a start for anyone trying to get into fishing.

Reactions: Dixie