Former veteran of Mortal Online

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Late MO1 combat was literal dumsptertrash dogshit, even worse than the zerg friendlyness, pets, mages etc. in this game. You had DK's with 9999 HP doing 40s with ranged attacks and MC hitting for 70s etc etc etc. It is hard to say if we are moving in the right or wrong direction. SV are letting DKs have a comeback so i think when DKs show up it will give everyone a very good tell if SV really learned anything or not. Pets are still the most braindead shit ever, magic is a smallscale killer and cheese like MO1, mounted is actually way more balanced in this game than MO1 so thats an improvement.

Melee combat is overall more skillbased already than MO1 combat was but it's subjective if it's more fun or not. I believe it's miles better and more fun and think that people who cry about it just refuse to adapt because their "playstyle" in MO1 consisted of running around like a retard doing figure 8ths and spamming their weapon hoping to hit the target. Seeing as the whole melee combat in this game is based around the block system, you can see how people who didn't have their right button bound in the first game would dislike this, I on the other hand adapted away from a pure aggressive playstyle in the first game, to a defensive one in this, but that's not to say that aggressive play doesn't work. It is absolutely miles more ping dependent than the first game was though ironically (since SV keep pushing their "ping normalization" shit) which is a downside. The combat has slowly been getting better mostly, since the start of the game so the future is looking good for it in that regard and more complexity will probably be getting added.
You finally fell into the SV coolaid barrels doing barrel rolls after ? LOL tis some good shit you been smoking in here...
I need to start getting mine from Henriks aswell I see!

Is it worth coming to MO2?

It's been years since I played MO, but I've seen former guild mates back to playing this.

How much of this new MO2 has been improved on in likeness to the first?
Its a nasty copy/paste with improved graphics but plagued by unoriginal store bought assets, built around pleasing casuals, 80yos and zergs. Way more so then MO1, so it depends if you are among that crowd or not. Way more cheap cheesy playstyles and the combat revolves around parries until one opponent falls asleep.

SV learns from past mistakes so continues to do em over and over. Really a shitshow to follow imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandaleesha

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
You finally fell into the SV coolaid barrels doing barrel rolls after ? LOL tis some good shit you been smoking in here...

I assume theres a reason u didnt try to explain why anything i said was wrong cause you probably cant come up with any good arguments. Combat is more skillbased, game is more ping dependent and the biggest problem in the game is zerg friendlyness right now.

I think the funniest shit ever is the fact you honestly believe theres more "cheap cheesy" playstyles in this game than MO1 HAHAHAHA. I mean its all good, i know you didnt play MO1 for the last 5 years of its existence so you have no fucking clue what ur talking about, ill toss out a few that you might or might not have heard of. Fist weapons, dual strike, DK's, Shades, Tupilaks, every single pet in Sarducca, mounted anything, demon bats etc etc etc.

Go ahead and try to argue any of those points ill wait.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Mo1 combat was terrible. Terrible hitbox, wasnt even accurate..just swing the general direction for connect. Ghost hits, MC just shitting on everything.... was rubbish lol
I think for some of us that eventually learned how to work with it, it became more of an endearment. Haha

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
idk how late mo1 combat was like but early mo1 was a decent pace (not too slow or fast) and felt like mindgames actually worked. now its pretty much a numbers game with pets/ranged attacks decimating everything. I would pay to actually play old mo1 again.
Ranged will always be superior depending on the tactical standpoint though.
I'm just going to have to see the combat for myself.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Idk for me it's been like most games I play where it's fun at first because you're learning and you're progressing but after you learn all you can learn and max out all your skills there aren't a lot of activities to do in the game purely for fun
That's the way with most games.
I understand that the game is still in development too, so likely more content in development. Guilds and guild activities always add more fun. When I got bored, I just did PVP. The most fun!

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022

Its a nasty copy/paste with improved graphics but plagued by unoriginal store bought assets, built around pleasing casuals, 80yos and zergs. Way more so then MO1, so it depends if you are among that crowd or not. Way more cheap cheesy playstyles and the combat revolves around parries until one opponent falls asleep.

SV learns from past mistakes so continues to do em over and over. Really a shitshow to follow imo.
I was far more into crafting armor/weapons to supply the PVP I enjoyed.
Sooo, if combat is really that boring...idk. There's no real way to know until I find out for myself I suppose. 😮‍💨

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Late MO1 combat was literal dumsptertrash dogshit, even worse than the zerg friendlyness, pets, mages etc. in this game. You had DK's with 9999 HP doing 40s with ranged attacks and MC hitting for 70s etc etc etc. It is hard to say if we are moving in the right or wrong direction. SV are letting DKs have a comeback so i think when DKs show up it will give everyone a very good tell if SV really learned anything or not. Pets are still the most braindead shit ever, magic is a smallscale killer and cheese like MO1, mounted is actually way more balanced in this game than MO1 so thats an improvement.

Melee combat is overall more skillbased already than MO1 combat was but it's subjective if it's more fun or not. I believe it's miles better and more fun and think that people who cry about it just refuse to adapt because their "playstyle" in MO1 consisted of running around like a retard doing figure 8ths and spamming their weapon hoping to hit the target. Seeing as the whole melee combat in this game is based around the block system, you can see how people who didn't have their right button bound in the first game would dislike this, I on the other hand adapted away from a pure aggressive playstyle in the first game, to a defensive one in this, but that's not to say that aggressive play doesn't work. It is absolutely miles more ping dependent than the first game was though ironically (since SV keep pushing their "ping normalization" shit) which is a downside. The combat has slowly been getting better mostly, since the start of the game so the future is looking good for it in that regard and more complexity will probably be getting added.
I haven't played MO1 since...they introduced Sarducca I believe.
I recall some of the issues with combat that were pretty exploitable but a lot learned to fight with them.

I'd be interested in mounted combat if it's been improved though!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I assume theres a reason u didnt try to explain why anything i said was wrong cause you probably cant come up with any good arguments. Combat is more skillbased, game is more ping dependent and the biggest problem in the game is zerg friendlyness right now.

I think the funniest shit ever is the fact you honestly believe theres more "cheap cheesy" playstyles in this game than MO1 HAHAHAHA. I mean its all good, i know you didnt play MO1 for the last 5 years of its existence so you have no fucking clue what ur talking about, ill toss out a few that you might or might not have heard of. Fist weapons, dual strike, DK's, Shades, Tupilaks, every single pet in Sarducca, mounted anything, demon bats etc etc etc.

Go ahead and try to argue any of those points ill wait.
Hit a soft spot I see, as soft as MO2 has turned like MO did in its time...

Combat is the same, copy/pasted then tweaked to suit their fantasy end goal of 100k casual players on each server.
We have 1 extra swing direction and block direction, that still where present in MO as a action skill. Dual strike, fist weapons, bats, mounted fuckery, Sarducca and Necros wasnt really that late MO if you refer to when I quit that game for good. Not like we wont get that juicy skill based aspects back sooner then later I hear...
As for zerg friendlyness, well Mr.Combatiskillbased due to the combat being fucked and not skill based the game is zerg based. The game used to be way more skill based earlier but since you did not play then that must not have happened right ? But I guess spin2win = skill in your head ? Let me tell you spinning was alot better as well before SV corrupted it and fucked it over.

The fact that you dont realize everything in here was in MO1 and everything in MO1 was/will be in here simply proves how blinded you currently are or how little you did know of MO before or while you played.
The cheese of early MO is here now, the cheese of mid to late MO is arriving fast and steady now and in the future.
I know you cant know anything of the MO before your time which was late MO, so I understand why you dont know how a skillbased MO looks like or feels like but the fact you dont see 2012 and later MOs shit creeping with every patch now is simply crazy to me.
Just how much easier combat is in this game should be proof enough of how less skill based it is then even MO turned out.

Now that I just am getting started I dont have more of your lackluster points since most of your points havent even arrived in MO2 but trust me they are coming. Ive heard you Kran bois crying about mounteds already and we aint got breeding man, we aint even got breeding. You got a world of hurting coming to you in a totally "more skillbased way then MO1" ROFL :LOL: Dont drink more man or you wont come back! We LeArN fRoM pAsT mIsTaKeS! :LOL: Yet they make a 100% copy/paste clone in a nicer dress...

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I was far more into crafting armor/weapons to supply the PVP I enjoyed.
Sooo, if combat is really that boring...idk. There's no real way to know until I find out for myself I suppose. 😮‍💨
Yea thats an even sadder tale im afraid.
Crafting has been dumbed down from MO1s system, now its streamlined like every other MMO out there.
MOs crafting was among its finer aspects.
A good positive tho is how much better QoL around non combat playstyles has improved, but I feel at the expense of its uniqueness. Lower timers are always a welcome.

And combat really depends, its alot slower so gotten alot easier straight off the bat there, more enjoying it short term due to being better in general now but long term it loses out due to being so bare bones and slow you dont have a ceiling to reach after a short time.
Then arcs are wider all around from attacking to defending. Parries are easier and have longer windows and arcs. Sweatspot hits are wider.

So as you see all they did was dumb down the combat to suit a more casual game to attract casual players over MOs hardcore ones. Henrik explained this many a time to us back in Alpha and beta testing,
Magic is the same with some added tweaks making it superior to MOs.
Archery is so much better imo, all around better.

More fun I guess if your not into combat as your main playstyle but way more boring if your into combat and only combat.
Looks way better to watch until higher skilled players who look like a bunch of imbeciles due to all the prediction trickery they are doing, at that point it looks way worse then MO1 did sadly.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Hit a soft spot I see, as soft as MO2 has turned like MO did in its time...

Combat is the same, copy/pasted then tweaked to suit their fantasy end goal of 100k casual players on each server.
We have 1 extra swing direction and block direction, that still where present in MO as a action skill. Dual strike, fist weapons, bats, mounted fuckery, Sarducca and Necros wasnt really that late MO if you refer to when I quit that game for good. Not like we wont get that juicy skill based aspects back sooner then later I hear...
As for zerg friendlyness, well Mr.Combatiskillbased due to the combat being fucked and not skill based the game is zerg based. The game used to be way more skill based earlier but since you did not play then that must not have happened right ? But I guess spin2win = skill in your head ? Let me tell you spinning was alot better as well before SV corrupted it and fucked it over.

The fact that you dont realize everything in here was in MO1 and everything in MO1 was/will be in here simply proves how blinded you currently are or how little you did know of MO before or while you played.
The cheese of early MO is here now, the cheese of mid to late MO is arriving fast and steady now and in the future.
I know you cant know anything of the MO before your time which was late MO, so I understand why you dont know how a skillbased MO looks like or feels like but the fact you dont see 2012 and later MOs shit creeping with every patch now is simply crazy to me.
Just how much easier combat is in this game should be proof enough of how less skill based it is then even MO turned out.

Now that I just am getting started I dont have more of your lackluster points since most of your points havent even arrived in MO2 but trust me they are coming. Ive heard you Kran bois crying about mounteds already and we aint got breeding man, we aint even got breeding. You got a world of hurting coming to you in a totally "more skillbased way then MO1" ROFL :LOL: Dont drink more man or you wont come back! We LeArN fRoM pAsT mIsTaKeS! :LOL: Yet they make a 100% copy/paste clone in a nicer dress...

Just a bunch of random dribble.

"Early MO1" was not skillbased, everyone was just shit at the game. I dont think ive ever seen the fucking "living their best highschool days" as bad as the kids that were in myrmidons. Im sorry to break it to you dawg, but your guild was shit, you were farming noobs in a game that had just released, the game was not skillbased, you were not good, no this game will not change to your liking so that you can compete, sorry you don't get a participation trophy here. The same reason you in some deluded opinion think that the game currently is not "skillbased", because ur shit at the game and refuse to adapt. Would you be here crying about the combat nonstop if you werent utter shit at it? Doubtful.

Lmao, yes the combat is SIMILAR because its MORTAL ONLINE 2, you know the succesor to MORTAL ONLINE 1, the fact you had overhead strike on a useless action skill doesnt mean its the exact same. You had no up block in MO1, you had no counter feints, spins, drags and accels etc. Then again i am sure you have no clue what half of these mechanics are since you dont play the game, you just sit on the forums and spew random nonsense.

Mounted combat/archery/magic is already miles more balanced than MO1, and it was completely braindead earlier in the MO2 beta, so its moving in the right direction, kind of like most stuff in the game. But its ok dawg, maybe if you keep crying nonstop on the forums, SV will re-add some braindead fucking mercy daggers you can spam some AFK miner with so you can relive your glory days of not being turned into a lootbag by anyone you come across.

The combat is not zerg based because its unskilled, it is zerg based because the game has zerg friendly mechanics and changes that have been made since MO1, like bandage animation, worse kiting possibilities and no self sustain.

Anyways, seeing how you missed the point on half the shit i said and the level of dribble you are coming up with, i think it would be fruitless to try and have any logical argument here, so maybe just getgood and stop crying.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Just a bunch of random dribble.

"Early MO1" was not skillbased, everyone was just shit at the game. I dont think ive ever seen the fucking "living their best highschool days" as bad as the kids that were in myrmidons. Im sorry to break it to you dawg, but your guild was shit, you were farming noobs in a game that had just released, the game was not skillbased, you were not good, no this game will not change to your liking so that you can compete, sorry you don't get a participation trophy here. The same reason you in some deluded opinion think that the game currently is not "skillbased", because ur shit at the game and refuse to adapt. Would you be here crying about the combat nonstop if you werent utter shit at it? Doubtful.

Lmao, yes the combat is SIMILAR because its MORTAL ONLINE 2, you know the succesor to MORTAL ONLINE 1, the fact you had overhead strike on a useless action skill doesnt mean its the exact same. You had no up block in MO1, you had no counter feints, spins, drags and accels etc. Then again i am sure you have no clue what half of these mechanics are since you dont play the game, you just sit on the forums and spew random nonsense.

Mounted combat/archery/magic is already miles more balanced than MO1, and it was completely braindead earlier in the MO2 beta, so its moving in the right direction, kind of like most stuff in the game. But its ok dawg, maybe if you keep crying nonstop on the forums, SV will re-add some braindead fucking mercy daggers you can spam some AFK miner with so you can relive your glory days of not being turned into a lootbag by anyone you come across.

The combat is not zerg based because its unskilled, it is zerg based because the game has zerg friendly mechanics and changes that have been made since MO1, like bandage animation, worse kiting possibilities and no self sustain.

Anyways, seeing how you missed the point on half the shit i said and the level of dribble you are coming up with, i think it would be fruitless to try and have any logical argument here, so maybe just getgood and stop crying.
Wow hit a critical soft spot I see. This is how talking about things you know nothing about looks like at its finest. I mean people where as good as people are now with as much play time. That does not change over time, in any game. The more hours you train the better you become.
Besides my elden days in the real MO before all the sell outs and dumb downs, thats not what this subject is about and only serves as proof as how little you have to come up with. The whole BadMans glory days of long past ages is overly done 10 years ago my old brother.

Combat is only just similar now since it has had some changes done since it started combat Alpha, yes I was there, you where obviously not. Now its slightly changed but not for the better. That is unless your a blind fanboi who cant look at it objectively and see the glaring faults thats been there since oh shit 2009 when that Closed Beta started...hmmm weird...
You had feints, spins, drags and accels since oh wait again that year 2009....hmmm weirds. But yes you are correct that ripostes or counters didnt arrive until 2012at Awakening expansion. Or there was a bug in 2011 where you could hold your swing fully charged and block over it but still keeping it if you held that swing through the block resulting in a instant counter after a then "perfect block" which was the early parries without counters.

So at the beginning of combat alpha we did not have the same counter feinting as came later just like in MO1 where things came later. As if SV is going at it like they have done it exactly once before...hmm strange indeed. The parry/counter has been changed atleast 3 times since testing started, possibly more since I quit back during testing.
Point here is simply because you dont know things, dont mean others dont.

Mounted combat/archery/magic is NOW LIKE MO1 WAS BEFORE BREEDING!!!! Are you daft ? Its literally the system we had before we got breeding and you still dont know that but want to argue with me ? Are you seriously trying to use this as any kind of arguement ?

You do know mercy dagger was used to get us charged swings over instant swings that used to be in MO1 testing ? Again are you fucking daft man ? Speaking without knowing is not a good look my young padawan...;)

You do know we could fight zergs before bandages, before magic healing, before any kind of healing except resting in MO1 beta ? Because it had a much higher wait for it. Skill ceiling. The best was so much better then the average that 3 guys could straight up outmurder 20 guys in minutes without loss, when healing came in that got harder to achieve but was doable in good groups. Again just because you where not there to experience it dont mean it did not happen. But again this is not about the olden days.

Hmm you bring up 2 things thats new to MO2 from MO and 1 I raised myself. 1 might very much be a bug turned feature until SV accidentally fixes it like so many of MOs best features.
Not that my arguement of this being a slightly changed copy/paste as it was in the start of the combat beta before said changes made it into the game, your point is simply being a fanboi saying SV reinvented the wheel instead of you simply being delusional while numbers are on my side repeating like MO due to the state of the game like happened in MO so many years ago. What is it below Sarducaa numbers still playing if even that...
So much for a better game tho better looking. Ill give you that!:LOL:

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Yea thats an even sadder tale im afraid.
Crafting has been dumbed down from MO1s system, now its streamlined like every other MMO out there.
MOs crafting was among its finer aspects.
A good positive tho is how much better QoL around non combat playstyles has improved, but I feel at the expense of its uniqueness. Lower timers are always a welcome.

And combat really depends, its alot slower so gotten alot easier straight off the bat there, more enjoying it short term due to being better in general now but long term it loses out due to being so bare bones and slow you dont have a ceiling to reach after a short time.
Then arcs are wider all around from attacking to defending. Parries are easier and have longer windows and arcs. Sweatspot hits are wider.

So as you see all they did was dumb down the combat to suit a more casual game to attract casual players over MOs hardcore ones. Henrik explained this many a time to us back in Alpha and beta testing,
Magic is the same with some added tweaks making it superior to MOs.
Archery is so much better imo, all around better.

More fun I guess if your not into combat as your main playstyle but way more boring if your into combat and only combat.
Looks way better to watch until higher skilled players who look like a bunch of imbeciles due to all the prediction trickery they are doing, at that point it looks way worse then MO1 did sadly.
Oh, that's kinda disappointing. I tend to stray from the big MMOs because they're all so similar.
The only MMOs I sunk actual hundreds of hours into was EVE Online and MO1. All the big ones are way too boring for me.

Your explanation had been pretty helpful, and I recall you being pretty active in the old MO forums so I know you're from the same time period I played..

Too bad! I would have loved to get back into some crafting and PVP.

Also, I see the banter of the forums hasn't changed too much. 🤣

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Half the game is missing lost somewhere between 2012 and 2022. Should really be on the side of a milk carton by now. Have you seen this trebuchet? Or just a picture of Grayfox. Hav u sen thes man?

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
Half the game is missing lost somewhere between 2012 and 2022. Should really be on the side of a milk carton by now. Have you seen this trebuchet? Or just a picture of Grayfox. Hav u sen thes man?
Lolll!

Wait. Where is Grayfox...I remember him too. Hahaha

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Game needed to cook for another two years before launching. Its very barebones. If you like gearing up and running around looking for a fight then you may have fun.

As for the PvE and exploration, you can experience all that within a week or so and run out of things to do other than PvP.

Idk if its because I'm older and spent so much time doing it in MO1, but the fights and politics just don't give the same feels as MO1.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You will like MO2 more or less than MO1 based on how you feel about the 3 main changes: The new standign system, the way bigger world, and 1 char slot.

MO1 had tons of inner town conflicts, because it was just red/blue. I played for thousands of hours as a town thug. Causing conflict. Instigating. Getting people to try and attack me. Thieving. Etc. This is pretty much dead in MO2. Greying to try and get attacked so you don't get a MC isnt worth it when you still lose standing if a guard aggros. You can lose standing without even getting a kill. So punishment to success ratio is way lower. MO1 you could purely afk your MC down if you needed to stay blue. MO2 theres also standing which cant be afk'd. So now tryign to fight someone has direct punishment, so you have to decide if its worth it (its probobly not). So if you enjoyed this side of MO1, MO2 completely sucks. If you are one of the people who wants less criem and conflict, MNO2 may be better.

Map size. If you liek to travel for hours, MO2 is good. If you feel like spending 2-3x as much time as you should is a waste of time, MO2 sucks vs MO1.

1 Char slot. You are heavily limited. You wanted to have a mage hybrid and a MA? Too bad. Multi sub. But multi sub isn't close to worth it with how little content there is, and how little you get from 1 sub.

If the game sounds like you could still enjoy it, definitely try it out while there's no subs.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You will like MO2 more or less than MO1 based on how you feel about the 3 main changes: The new standign system, the way bigger world, and 1 char slot.

MO1 had tons of inner town conflicts, because it was just red/blue. I played for thousands of hours as a town thug. Causing conflict. Instigating. Getting people to try and attack me. Thieving. Etc. This is pretty much dead in MO2. Greying to try and get attacked so you don't get a MC isnt worth it when you still lose standing if a guard aggros. You can lose standing without even getting a kill. So punishment to success ratio is way lower. MO1 you could purely afk your MC down if you needed to stay blue. MO2 theres also standing which cant be afk'd. So now tryign to fight someone has direct punishment, so you have to decide if its worth it (its probobly not). So if you enjoyed this side of MO1, MO2 completely sucks. If you are one of the people who wants less criem and conflict, MNO2 may be better.

Map size. If you liek to travel for hours, MO2 is good. If you feel like spending 2-3x as much time as you should is a waste of time, MO2 sucks vs MO1.

1 Char slot. You are heavily limited. You wanted to have a mage hybrid and a MA? Too bad. Multi sub. But multi sub isn't close to worth it with how little content there is, and how little you get from 1 sub.

If the game sounds like you could still enjoy it, definitely try it out while there's no subs.
The most annoying thing about the one character slot, is that majority dislike it...and we all know eventually Henrik will allow us to have more. Its just why can't we have it now? Nobody wants to be stuck into one build for years in an MMO. Having to have multiple accounts for that ability also feels very scummy on SVs part.

But they did say they need thousands of subscribers to stay afloat...so maybe its part of the plan? Regardless, its garbage and boring. The one character wouldn't be as big of a deal if there weren't specific races in the game that were vital to your build. They will eventually give us the option, but as usual it'll be too little too late.