Former veteran of Mortal Online

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
As long as you have a mount, you'll get around just fine, even on a comfortable trot you'll reach Fabernum from Tindrem in about 15 minutes. On foot though, that's where it becomes a considerably long travel time.

The recent changes made it somewhat harder for brigands and murderers to continuously camp areas like the graveyard. So it is making life a bit easier for newcomers to make some much-needed progress earlier on. Instead of being ganked non-stop and potentially making them quit within the first few days.

SV seems to want MO2 to be a bit more newcomer-friendly than MO1 ever was, and I'm supportive of the move. Considering that EVE Online completely revamps its new player tutorial every few years in order to better teach and help them settle in.

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
You will like MO2 more or less than MO1 based on how you feel about the 3 main changes: The new standign system, the way bigger world, and 1 char slot.

MO1 had tons of inner town conflicts, because it was just red/blue. I played for thousands of hours as a town thug. Causing conflict. Instigating. Getting people to try and attack me. Thieving. Etc. This is pretty much dead in MO2. Greying to try and get attacked so you don't get a MC isnt worth it when you still lose standing if a guard aggros. You can lose standing without even getting a kill. So punishment to success ratio is way lower. MO1 you could purely afk your MC down if you needed to stay blue. MO2 theres also standing which cant be afk'd. So now tryign to fight someone has direct punishment, so you have to decide if its worth it (its probobly not). So if you enjoyed this side of MO1, MO2 completely sucks. If you are one of the people who wants less criem and conflict, MNO2 may be better.

Map size. If you liek to travel for hours, MO2 is good. If you feel like spending 2-3x as much time as you should is a waste of time, MO2 sucks vs MO1.

1 Char slot. You are heavily limited. You wanted to have a mage hybrid and a MA? Too bad. Multi sub. But multi sub isn't close to worth it with how little content there is, and how little you get from 1 sub.

If the game sounds like you could still enjoy it, definitely try it out while there's no subs.
This analysis answered my question combined with others. I don't think I'd enjoy it as it stands now. I was looking for enjoyable PVP, and multiple slots to make things for my PVP character.

Maybe I'll look back at it on the future and decide. I have a lot on my plate right now anyhow.

Thank you!

Pandaleesha

May 13, 2022
As long as you have a mount, you'll get around just fine, even on a comfortable trot you'll reach Fabernum from Tindrem in about 15 minutes. On foot though, that's where it becomes a considerably long travel time.

The recent changes made it somewhat harder for brigands and murderers to continuously camp areas like the graveyard. So it is making life a bit easier for newcomers to make some much-needed progress earlier on. Instead of being ganked non-stop and potentially making them quit within the first few days.

SV seems to want MO2 to be a bit more newcomer-friendly than MO1 ever was, and I'm supportive of the move. Considering that EVE Online completely revamps its new player tutorial every few years in order to better teach and help them settle in.
I was one of the people that laid in wait at the entrance to MK back in MO1...soooo, that's where my interests would lie in MO2. It seems like that's less prevalent now.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Is it worth coming to MO2?

It's been years since I played MO, but I've seen former guild mates back to playing this.

How much of this new MO2 has been improved on in likeness to the first?

Here is my take on MO2 vs MO1.

MO2 is a simplified, bigger prettier MO1.

You have less options for weapons combinations. The idea of the 2 handed long pole with the great blade on it, or the mercy dagger on the end of a 1 handed handle. Those are dead, for good reason to, so many bad combos.

The racial options are better balanced but you still see a lot of one type for the same reasons as MO1. Oghmir are pretty much the go to for Melee, archers, and even magic builds. Humans are still very much meh across the board, except Khurites, they are just trash. Alvarin are the speed builds. Thursar are for people who like being able to see over the fight, but only do melee or archery.

PVE.... is easier than MO1. The AI mobs dont aggro on your pets until you attack with them. There is no mob in the open world you cant kill with an MA and enough time. Even in "dungeons" archery is king for farming. Magic is currently support only, not much else to it, it is exactly as it was in MO1.

Taming is a one trick pony, get a Terror Bird if you want to travel around with a horse, as it is the ONLY pet that is worth a damn that can keep up with a horse.

If you want to solo high tier mobs like trolls you can do it with a terror bird or a turtle or even a campadon if you want to walk around with the last two... because they are so slow. Then pet pathing is pretty bad on a good day.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
The racial options are better balanced but you still see a lot of one type for the same reasons as MO1. Oghmir are pretty much the go to for Melee, archers, and even magic builds. Humans are still very much meh across the board, except Khurites, they are just trash. Alvarin are the speed builds. Thursar are for people who like being able to see over the fight, but only do melee or archery.

Sidoians manage to be even more useless outside of a fatmage build (still worse then huergar or sheevra) compared to a khurite, lol.