Restore the old forum post rating system

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
People didn’t really use it for its intended reason purpose. Just dislike spam people they don’t like and avoid giving credit to them when they do agree. Sounds kind of familiar actually

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I agree with adding the more specific reactions like informative, but I don't see the point of adding one such as disagree or dislike.

The reason being that it's not very helpful at all to just rate something as disagree, but not say why you disagree with it. At least this way people are more likely to actually include their reasoning for not liking something in their comment on the thread.

Reactions: Waalan and Teknique

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I agree with adding the more specific reactions like informative, but I don't see the point of adding one such as disagree or dislike.

The reason being that it's not very helpful at all to just rate something as disagree, but not say why you disagree with it. At least this way people are more likely to actually include their reasoning for not liking something in their comment on the thread.

The same is true for a "like".

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
A like or an agree is a lot more self explanatory than a disagree, no?

Yes and no. I mean if someone suggests to remove full loot a disagree or dislike is self explanatory as well. And in lots of cases making a seperate post is not helpful, because it does not add anything to the discussion. But yes, if someone writes a long post with multiple points a negativ or positiv rating will probably be inaccurate. Unless it´s a bandwagon thing.

We already have negativ ratings. I´m just asking for more options to give feedback.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Add the "facepalm" would be very usefull.My posts would get a lot of them,lol