Fish encyclopedia

a.out

May 28, 2020
yeah pigs or walker corpse butchering are more profitable than fishing atm for a new player. Fishing is supposed to be about the knowledge creating value, but they barely put value onto fish past vendoring them. There are few valuable fish outside of vendor value, which is just the wrong way to balance things. Additionally this gets further diluted by the random trash fish you catch when attempting to catch the "valuable" fish.

If most most fish had an actual use, you wouldnt need vender trash fish because players would be purchasing more of the valuable in general fish. This almost entirely removes the botting/vendoring aspect that was causing so many issues. Players set the pricing and it works itself into the economy instead of the price being much too little or much too high from a static vendor price.
The whole concept of building an in-game economy around some 'gold' is flawed IMHO. I wish there was some inspiration taken from Path of Exile, where there is no in-game gold. Instead players naturally came around building their economy around so called Chaos Orbs - an actual useful item with intrinsic value, that re-rolls rare items. Abundant enough to be used as currency, but rare enough to stay in high demand. Applied to MO this could be some material that is used in common gear.

I wish there was no gold.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnyomm55

SauceBoss

Mar 16, 2022
Typically in an hour of fishing I will get 2-3 catches of silk ray 30,000-40,000 with the occasional over 40k. Also quite a few smaller catches of silk and sand ray. This is one of my largest silk ray to date.67153786-8EB5-4C7A-B2DE-BF9FCE3BC7C6.jpeg

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
1648759451392.png
Phew, this one took quite a while to level.
1648768635038.png
The Stats looks amazing btw, if anyone needs to butcher I'm an alvarin so i have the extra 10% and i am also an armor crafter with all the non metal lores to 100

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
View attachment 4043
Phew, this one took quite a while to level.
View attachment 4045
The Stats looks amazing btw, if anyone needs to butcher I'm an alvarin so i have the extra 10% and i am also an armor crafter with all the non metal lores to 100
Damn that look sick ngl!
It must have taken alot of time to farm that lore , how much scales you end up to hit 100?

ive been trying to find new spots along the coast to fish since im a bit tired of meduli..i just cant finda good spot like meduli port where you kust tap cast and get 2k depth..some places on the cost i can get to 1.5k but thats with a full cast which takes a looooong time to reel in.

Is it confirmed that fish depts are related to that specific area or its really capped depth?
Like rays are buttom depth usually around 1.6-2.2 in meduli.
If i im for example in the costline outside of the ports and my depth is only 1.2k , will i still find rays if i am for 1.2 which is the max depth of that spot?

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
I think I had a sea dragon peck yesterday. I used strong line and a size 100 hook. The rod was bent 100 degrees. I immediately released the coil. The line is all unwound. I did not turn the reel and waited for the rod to straighten up a little, but it bent and cracked more and more. I thought she would break. After 5 seconds, the line broke. How can there be sea creatures that cannot be drawn with max fishing line and hook?

Reactions: Chaines

Axebeard

Mar 31, 2022
I didn't see Blackcreft, but I definitely got the Calxfish record

Attachments

• calxfish 2029.png
    calxfish 2029.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Blackcreft 1649.png
    Blackcreft 1649.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 13

Golgotha

Jul 18, 2020
Fishing.jpg

Few records. There currently wasn't anything shown in first thread for a regular Gutta, just Giant Gutta, so I thought Id also submit for the regular Gutta.

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
1648997300881.png

imo fishing for pansarscales is a waste of time prot is only +2 compared to platescales, just wait for crocodiles to be implemented.
armor looks lit tho ngl.

rng history is like tracking who won the lottery

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
imo fishing for pansarscales is a waste of time prot is only +2 compared to platescales, just wait for crocodiles to be implemented.
armor looks lit tho ngl.

rng history is like tracking who won the lottery

It isn't just +2 i think its +6-7 points overall all across blunt piercing and slashing, but that alone is is more than enough to justify the upgrade IMO.
The cost on endgame gear for the final points is at it should for a good reason.

First so the dude on dirt poor gear has a chance of beating you even if the odds are on your favor, i love the fact that a 5 gold set is not that much worse than a 50 gold set and that one isn't much worse than the 500g set but there is still an advantage on investing further into your gear.

Second so the dudes that have more time on their hands than others have a reason to keep investing into upgrading their characters without completely breaking the game for the normal players, returns on time invested into a game should always have diminishing returns, otherwise you get something simillar to darkfall with no skill cap and whoever start a month later gets fucked in the ass for eternity because he is never going to catch up.

Third, defense in this game being flat instead of % makes huge disparities even when the upgrade is only tiny in paper.

If i have 200hp and There is a foot soldier hitting me for 40 on average he can kill me in 5 hits, but suddenly if he now hits me for 38 on average i can survive an extra hit, add healing to the mix and your effective HP is much better all around.

EDIT: Fourth, Vanity, its like buying a Ferrari, Mercedes or Rolls-Royce, you know you are wearing something not many others will, that it looks cool AF and that there is not anything better in the game that you could be wearing.

Last edited: