Fish encyclopedia

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
You know what else I hate about the way the fishing system currently is? There is no organic way for a new player to start the fishing trade and make money. At the lower level, fishing is a money pit of line and hook, and you can barely catch anything of worth in all the seas which newer players are exposed to. To make ANY money, you have to be a veteran player of means.

Compare that to hunting, lumber or mining, and these trades have a nice tiered level of engagement low skill to high skill.

Reactions: Caroen and CrgHck

Kbear

May 28, 2020
I enjoyed fishing in MO1 and found it profitable too in fishing rodspine and other fish. I find the mechanics in MO2 more reaslistic which adds to the experience but I'm far from making a profit on my efforts. I may soon but its been a slow process and quite costly. I'll persist but may change in time as I find it's just not making enough gold per hour.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
I enjoyed fishing in MO1 and found it profitable too in fishing rodspine and other fish. I find the mechanics in MO2 more reaslistic which adds to the experience but I'm far from making a profit on my efforts. I may soon but its been a slow process and quite costly. I'll persist but may change in time as I find it's just not making enough gold per hour.
As it is right now i dont think you will be able to make alot of gold.
You will make it,sure but you could have had double or triple the gold per the time invested killing other stuff in the world

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
You know what else I hate about the way the fishing system currently is? There is no organic way for a new player to start the fishing trade and make money. At the lower level, fishing is a money pit of line and hook, and you can barely catch anything of worth in all the seas which newer players are exposed to. To make ANY money, you have to be a veteran player of means.

Compare that to hunting, lumber or mining, and these trades have a nice tiered level of engagement low skill to high skill.
yeah pigs or walker corpse butchering are more profitable than fishing atm for a new player. Fishing is supposed to be about the knowledge creating value, but they barely put value onto fish past vendoring them. There are few valuable fish outside of vendor value, which is just the wrong way to balance things. Additionally this gets further diluted by the random trash fish you catch when attempting to catch the "valuable" fish.

If most most fish had an actual use, you wouldnt need vender trash fish because players would be purchasing more of the valuable in general fish. This almost entirely removes the botting/vendoring aspect that was causing so many issues. Players set the pricing and it works itself into the economy instead of the price being much too little or much too high from a static vendor price.

ARandomGerman

Feb 2, 2022
I hope everything is updated now on page 1. Please check and let me know if there is some mistakes.
*yay* first record :) thanks for the work you do in here.

let's add another one, shall we:

1648554358465.png

and this one also seemed rather large, but so far it's not on record:
1648554519136.png

Reactions: Aitan

Caroen

Mar 14, 2022
Look thats how i normally approach fishing in most games, however this one requires so much maintenance. If you want to test a new bait you have to spend literal hours upon hours casting on the off chance that one of these stupid fish is a low bite rate. For each depth, hook size, location, time, and bait type.

This entire system worked fine when formula a produced fish b, but with the introduction of trash fish taking up a majority of bites, TAKING TWO MINUTES TO REEL IN A CANNA, it's completely lost it's charm in my eyes. The only reason I continue to force myself to fish is because my guild needs the materials.

It's not fun, it's sleep-inducing, and frankly an insult to all fishing players that they made that change.

That is exactly what i was trying to say. As autist i feel offended that another autists find that ok.