Thusars need some love

Do Thusars need love?

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Humans are actually overperforming atm. So not so sure they need a dex buff. Most picked race for a reason. Strong clades, good attributes and good attribute flexibility depending on clade & clade gift choices.
Most picked race because of Role Players and crafters who are not focused in PvP. It is a underperformer in PvP. The population numbers are scewed by non pvpers when sv is determining class balance

Reactions: Rolufe

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Suuuure. Lets go with that one. I'm sure your opinion beats what Henrik himself said again this sunday.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Most picked race because of Role Players and crafters who are not focused in PvP. It is a underperformer in PvP. The population numbers are scewed by non pvpers when sv is determining class balance
Humans are insanely good. What are you talking about?

Reactions: KraaGHaack

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I think the int cap for Thursars Could do with a little buff, it would be a little unfair to say that there are no mages in the Entire race that can cast an EQ and it would make for mage Diversity

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
I think thursars actually have one of the best clade gifts which is the Battle Cry buff that gives +20 str. Thursar is gunna be the only class that can pull a 141 str longbow and I think that not many people have tested with that. Also that str bonus can get your dmg bonus up to almost 40% which would be good for MC's.

Only issue I have with them currently is their reputation caps. Being able to have a max of 10 rep with everyone just kinda sucks like it forces you into a bad guy play style almost.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I think thursars actually have one of the best clade gifts which is the Battle Cry buff that gives +20 str. Thursar is gunna be the only class that can pull a 141 str longbow and I think that not many people have tested with that. Also that str bonus can get your dmg bonus up to almost 40% which would be good for MC's.
I have been very interested in what sort of bow damage/range you can achieve with it :D If anyone got some info i would very much like to know :)

Only issue I have with them currently is their reputation caps. Being able to have a max of 10 rep with everyone just kinda sucks like it forces you into a bad guy play style almost.
This is very much the intention as they are supposed to be outcasts. Disliked by everyone. Not welcome in any towns. Think of the Death Knights in WoW where people spit at them and throw bananas at them xD

Reactions: Hexebus

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Doesnt work for bows.

• Sad
Reactions: Rolufe

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Suuuure. Lets go with that one. I'm sure your opinion beats what Henrik himself said again this sunday.
Henrik like most devs arent the most engauged in the game nor top end pvp. This isnt a diss at henrick but just the truth and why he ask for feed back. Among the meta for top end pvp humans are ignored largely.

Alvarian paladins/hybrids have made a comeback and pushed out human. Human hybrid wasnt good it was just the only viable hybrid for the longest time.

Humans are mainly mounted meta or the lesser played hybrid among the really good players.

It needs buffs same as thursar. I would be fine with with +1 dex max to all non alv. And then make stout for thursar +4/-4 so people might want to play stout thursars.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
so change the entire weight mechanic, but just for one race? Sounds like a lot of work for no gain?

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Henrik like most devs arent the most engauged in the game nor top end pvp. This isnt a diss at henrick but just the truth and why he ask for feed back. Among the meta for top end pvp humans are ignored largely.

Alvarian paladins/hybrids have made a comeback and pushed out human. Human hybrid wasnt good it was just the only viable hybrid for the longest time.

Humans are mainly mounted meta or the lesser played hybrid among the really good players.

It needs buffs same as thursar. I would be fine with with +1 dex max to all non alv. And then make stout for thursar +4/-4 so people might want to play stout thursars.
I guess people favor maneuvering and kiting abilities over everything else and when it comes to this, humans just end up last. Even if humans are second on movement speed after the alvarins. They lack stamina. Oghmirs got the biggest stampool. Thursars just have the ultimate stamina cost reduction perk along with the second highest stam pool and alvarins got the stamina regen perk(good for kiting) and many other perks to help them in bad terrian.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021

Have you ever tried to pop a clade on horse? ^^ or is it working right now?!

KraaGHaack

May 7, 2021

Int curve patch come back again if u missed it. They roll backed it again

Reactions: MolagAmur

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020

I imagine humans are not used largely because they're a jack of all trades and a master of none. In most cases a race like that will never be 'meta' in high end PvP because they aren't a master of any role.

That being said, I still think in a well rounded group a human paladin would out perform a veela paladin for a few reasons:

• Wear heavier armor with more mana regen.
  • Higher int and psy-> higher mana and magic dmg/heal
  • Higher str -> higher dmg bonus and stam

In most cases the veela paladin simply has more speed than the human, the human outshines the veela in all other categories. Mobility is always something people have a hard time giving up, but in a group with ohgmir and thursars you wouldn't be the slowest.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Humans are definitely not needing a buff, thursars seem underwhelming for sure. Humans are ridiculously strong depending on the build. At minimum they can have huge psy with good damage bonus and strength. Their only downside is lower hp and stam than thursars or oghmirs. Other than that they are extremely strong choices in PvP as their speed is comparable to all other "foot fighters" other than the alvarin types.

Gronil

Sep 2, 2020
Humans are generally fine where they are now. They are only bad if you are playing them JUST to be a foot fighter/archer. Even then they still have a few pros over other races, its just you're ignoring the fact you have a giant attribute pool which is one of the best things about them. There's a couple exceptions to that statement, especially with Khurites.

They are already the 2nd fastest race compared to Alvarin, I don't think they need a dex buff. Alvarin are just so much faster than everyone else. Most races are within 1-5 speed of each other, but Alvarin is like 20 faster than most races with the clade gifts.

Honestly the only thing I want to really change for humans is I think Khurite hits your attribute points to hard, losing 11 points over a Tindremene is just so harsh when compared to every other human race. Putting Khurite in your bloodline to increase your dex just ruins your build so fast, the only way to play them in my book is to be a pure Khurite which limits you to only being a pure fighter basically. Pure Kallard is also slightly questionable, because you're basically just a great value Thursar with better crafting clade gifts. I honestly think Kallards should be -5 attribute points like Sidoians, or maybe -6/-7 instead of -9.

Overall I think the intended design with humans tho is to have the ability to do basically any build in the game to an average or slightly above average level, in some cases they are the best for certain builds. If you're a Thursar you're basically always locked into being a fighter/archer.

Reactions: Rolufe and Moored

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For thursar balancing Im changing my opininon to make the +2 dex gift to include +1 max dex aswell.

Stout should be -4 dex and most likely +4 str instead of 5. Stout thursar builds are very bad right now due to the ms making you unsurvivable. Humans similarly avoid stout for foot builds because of this.

The passive regen penalizing healing by 35% should be changed to 70 or 75.

Risar rep should also be adjusted a little bit.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Stout should be -4 dex and most likely +4 str instead of 5. Stout thursar builds are very bad right now due to the ms making you unsurvivable. Humans similarly avoid stout for foot builds because of this.
Rolling fit is garbage. If people all roll fit and you go fit, you arent faster than them so your speed still doesnt help you. You just have crap health and worse damage bonus. And then at that point you might aswell just be stout and beat them in a fight. And fights in MO are never fair anyway so you prob got clapped or rolled them anyway regardless of being fit or stout.

Reactions: Rorry and Gronil