Thusars need some love

Do Thusars need love?

• Total voters

Gronil

Sep 2, 2020
For thursar balancing Im changing my opininon to make the +2 dex gift to include +1 max dex aswell.

Stout should be -4 dex and most likely +4 str instead of 5. Stout thursar builds are very bad right now due to the ms making you unsurvivable. Humans similarly avoid stout for foot builds because of this.
? Stout is completely viable, It's much better than being fit. You only lose like 2 speed going stout but gain a noticeable amount of HP and a 1-2% damage bonus. Pretty much every race goes between like 419-421 in combat when you're stout. The only exception being Ogh is a few speed slower than normal, Thur Khurite goes 422 stout, and pure Khurite goes 425 stout. Aside from that Alvarin goes like 441-444 stout but they also have way worse health and damage than other races.

You move much faster in this game than you did in MO1, and the races have much closer speeds which makes the small speed loss not a huge deal. It will take someone a while to get any gap on you unless you're using like a 1h weapon. If you have a spear or any other long weapon you will probably kill them before they can get gap, otherwise you just shoot them in the back with a huge longbow and dunk them. Same for running away, unless you're an Alvarin your chance of getting gap before you take substantial damage is almost non existent stout or not.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
And while 426-429 (stout age 30 - fit age 23) khurite does start to be a bit faster than thur builds, most human builds are high int garbage, which is slower and much weaker than a thur or even human khurite. Thur is much higher hp and damage bonus than humans.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Rolling fit is garbage. If people all roll fit and you go fit, you arent faster than them so your speed still doesnt help you. You just have crap health and worse damage bonus. And then at that point you might aswell just be stout and beat them in a fight. And fights in MO are never fair anyway so you prob got clapped or rolled them anyway regardless of being fit or stout.
The only stout thursars I see are sitting in their mid line or dead. Stout thursar is not good and another meduli build like skinny and lean veelas.
Your health is still good fit and you shouldn't rely on health when you should be parrying anyways.
Look at fab for the past 3 days where all these stout thursars keep loot bagging when they are pushed. They cant get away or position better. Ive just seen bad meduli thursar builds die over and over to simple pushes.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
also maybe just 1 or 2 atrribute points more for the thusar.
and the change that the passive regen clade gifts dont make you unviable to heal.
lets try it out and see how it works.

Or what you all suggest could be done here.

I mean a thusar will never be as fast as other builds but atleast he could be the one who can stand his ground.

Snasen

May 28, 2020
I think humans are fine in general. Alot more skills coming soon also and humans will shine even more due to their flexibility in builds.

If anything I think Khurites could need a small buff which also would buff certain Thursars slightly. 1 or 2 two more attribute points per khurite ancestry would not hurt.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think the actual problem with thursars is that Alvarin are too much faster than everyone else because the stupid clade gifts. Being super fast is fun but. It dusts a pure khurite. I've been rolling a age 30 khurite stout, which generally has felt a bit faster than everyone else and has felt great. Thats like 6 speed over a thur (but still a bit weaker, making it balanced). An even stout sheev is 15 faster than the khurite. and then things like fit and lean veela make that look bad.

I'm all for weight classes other than stout being viable but Alv is too much faster. Theres no reason to be anything but stout on anything other than a alvarin because your always going to be slow compared to them.

Reactions: Banespike

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
I'm all for weight classes other than stout being viable but Alv is too much faster. Theres no reason to be anything but stout on anything other than a alvarin because your always going to be slow compared to them.
[/QUOTE]
Yea, that's kind of their thing. Not everyone plays alv though so I'm not sure about your reasoning here.