Making Money In Haven

Belteyn

Nov 29, 2020
Cambridge, UK
How do you buy weapons and materials to learn the game in the tutorial area if there was no money?

I didn't say there should be no money, but only a tiny bit is needed to learn the basics.

I my opinion Haven should be about learning the basics NOT buying all the skill books you think you might want, trying multiple weapons, armor types etc.... In my opinion Haven should simply be a a few hours at most, involving some tutorials, a few trips to the graveyard and buying a few starter skills.

Reactions: DHBloodwolf

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I know it is not what some players where looking for haven to be. Me included to some extent.

However, I think you are doing exactly what SV wants you to be able to do.

And that is to build up your knowledge of the game and character skills a bit before being thrusted into the real world.

Sure there will still be hard lessons to learn. But you will be much more prepared than the new players of the past.

Reactions: DHBloodwolf

Sauron

Mar 29, 2021
You could simply introduce a separate non-exchangeable currency for haven, remove linked banks, limit spell books and block transition to Nave for encumbered characters.

BOOM, problem solved.

DHBloodwolf

Mar 28, 2021
United Kingdom
youtube.com
I didn't say there should be no money, but only a tiny bit is needed to learn the basics.

I my opinion Haven should be about learning the basics NOT buying all the skill books you think you might want, trying multiple weapons, armor types etc.... In my opinion Haven should simply be a a few hours at most, involving some tutorials, a few trips to the graveyard and buying a few starter skills.
I agree with not being able to buy all the skill books but with this game there are so many mechanics that are not mentioned or explained to the player whatsoever and Haven gives new players the chance to learn the combat controls, how to extract ores, how to craft gear.

It should also be the place where a new player can try out different play styles, character builds and professions before they fully commit to one.

I mean there are many mechanics that you cannot learn in Haven like the reputation and flagging system. Which I was very confused about when I first entered the main land. I had to have a guild Member explain it all to me.

DHBloodwolf

Mar 28, 2021
United Kingdom
youtube.com
I know it is not what some players where looking for haven to be. Me included to some extent.

However, I think you are doing exactly what SV wants you to be able to do.

And that is to build up your knowledge of the game and character skills a bit before being thrusted into the real world.

Sure there will still be hard lessons to learn. But you will be much more prepared than the new players of the past.
Im sure there is plenty of changes to Haven that will happen and it will be refined to give new players at least a chance to learn the game before being flung Into the mainland.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

DHBloodwolf

Mar 28, 2021
United Kingdom
youtube.com
You could simply introduce a separate non-exchangeable currency for haven, remove linked banks, limit spell books and block transition to Nave for encumbered characters.

BOOM, problem solved.
I mean right now you can leave a horse in the Fabernum Stable and reroll and then you have a horse in Haven. Stables don't reset. Im sure they will change many things before release

Reactions: Amadman and Xunila

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Im sure there is plenty of changes to Haven that will happen and it will be refined to give new players at least a chance to learn the game before being flung Into the mainland.

Your video as a new player shows it is already doing this to a large degree even in this unrefined state. So it can only get better.

Sauron

Mar 29, 2021
Transfer naked only. Or with the one stack you can carry. But coming with some 1000 gold coins to a city on the continent is kind of abusing the transfer feature.
I believe i did mention different currency.
Also naked is too far

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah that is a bit overboard but it is so much quicker to make money in the mainland. You would save so much time just leaving Haven

This is it in a nut shell.

There should be way more opportunities in the main land than haven. Even if players do try to take advantage of Haven, at some point they should be better served to go to the mainland.

But if some people stay in Haven and build up I really don't think it will have a large effect on the over all game. For every little bit that is being done in Haven there is a whole large world where much more should be getting done outside of it.

If it turns out not to be the case then I think the problem would be with the opportunities in the game itself and not that of Havens.

That all being said, I do agree that they should make it where you only keep what you can carry and are not allowed to be encumbered when you transfer to the mainland.

Getting access to a whole banks inventory in every town is quite a stretch from the normal workings of the game. I can see how someone would want to fill this bank before leaving Haven to take full advantage of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
I don't know how to feel about this, for one its good haven is viable to learn the basics and you can actually do stuff there and learn a lot of things, get books and shit but the problem is that you can basically live there making a lot of money and mining / woodcutting for days and than transfer it safely to any town you want and THATS BULLSHIT, there shouldn't be such 'safety' transfer mechanic in-game, getting some stuff out from that bank is definitely nice for new guys to have some started equipment but people will abuse the fuck out of it, it shouldn't be like this.

Reactions: Belteyn and Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Nice, I just found Sea Dew in Haven, so I could go with some stacks of Sea Dew to the main world to craft potions.
This should be changed!

• Haha
Reactions: Eldrath

DHBloodwolf

Mar 28, 2021
United Kingdom
youtube.com
This is it in a nut shell.

There should be way more opportunities in the main land than haven. Even if players do try to take advantage of Haven, at some point they should be better served to go to the mainland.

But if some people stay in Haven and build up I really don't think it will have a large effect on the over all game. For every little bit that is being done in Haven there is a whole large world where much more should be getting done outside of it.

If it turns out not to be the case then I think the problem would be with the opportunities in the game itself and not that of Havens.

That all being said, I do agree that they should make it where you only keep what you can carry and are not allowed to be encumbered when you transfer to the mainland.

Getting access to a whole banks inventory in every town is quite a stretch from the normal workings of the game. I can see how someone would want to fill this bank before leaving Haven to take full advantage of it.
I know that people will be purposely farming money in Haven just so that they have access to a stash of cash in every town which they can use to pickup the books that are exclusive to that town. The Devs seem to be preventing this with the addition of certain items also being required to gain these exclusive books. Which in my opinion is a great fix to this issue.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
I know that people will be purposely farming money in Haven just so that they have access to a stash of cash in every town which they can use to pickup the books that are exclusive to that town. The Devs seem to be preventing this with the addition of certain items also being required to gain these exclusive books. Which in my opinion is a great fix to this issue.

No it's not, and thats not the reason they did that. You can just buy the book from someone that lives in that region for regular gold, doesnt change shit, besides the point if you can grind materials and gold efficiently in there, there is no reason to play in Nave for like first few months xD just grind shit ton of crap in there and than move it. THATS AN ISSUE not me transfering gold to buy freaking merc armour for 8 gold. Whats next boulder spawners in haven ? lmao, might as well add blast furnace and tephra

• Haha
Reactions: Eldrath