Should the game go persistence without tc/housing?

Should the game go persistence without tc/housing?

• Yes

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • no (wait for it to be done and tested)

Votes: 74 77.1%

• Total voters

Speeddevil

Oct 14, 2020
Here is a clip showing henrik saying they don't plan to have tc and housing in until after persistence, I feel that if housing and tc comes out a few weeks after persistence it will be fine, but at the same time it might be a good idea for the game to delay if its only a few weeks out.
Some people made good points that, having tc and housing in at the start will help new players have goals to achieve as a group.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Voted no.

I believe he also said keeps would come first and houses after.

So that puts housing out even further.

Sadly though it seems like their plans are to push into EA shortly after the stress test.

Since most of the major things listed under development in the current road map have been stated not to be in until after persistence.

agui

May 31, 2020
Which comes first the egg or the chicken? I think that explain and answer the question, right speedy?

Microbrewed

Mar 27, 2021
They definitely need to wait until we can make guild cities or keeps. The game will become very stale without keeps or territory for guilds to fight over. They also need to fine tune the int and dex scaling before persistence.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Nope,

Its just too important of a system for it not to be in at persistence. Huge goal for guilds to have and fighting over them literally is the end game, it also moves the playerbase around which gives noobs more room in npc cities.
Agreed. Houses are definitely needed to fill out the land and to help with farming/working towards goals.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
While I think guild and player housing is an important item I don't think it needs to be in when the game goes persistent.

How quickly do you think players and guilds are going to be able to afford to build anyway without the massive skill gain buffs we are running under now?

Reactions: Tron

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
They should do everything they can to at the very least have keeps and player housing just like original MO had in the beginning, imo the bigger TC stuff that they need to rework and balance can come later.

Big guilds can fight over the region surrounding their keep and players or small guilds can establish their own little foothold with a house or houses and workbenches, vendor, stable out in the world that they can live out of and progress in their own appropriate and rewarding way.

Reactions: Melvinius

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
The other problem is that guilds that are able to stockpile the most resources at persistent launch are now going to be able to insta claim keeps when they are eventually added instead of it being a race from day 1 of persistance to protect farm spots etc.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
They should do everything they can to at the very least have keeps and player housing just like original MO had in the beginning, imo the bigger TC stuff that they need to rework and balance can come later.

Original MO1 had NO housing or keeps at release day! Houses and the first keeps (6-8 of 16) came about one month later, and the other keeps came after another month.

Would be very nice to have at least housing with the persistent state or short time after. With the normal skill speed (factor 100 slower than today in the stress test) most players will need weeks to "finish" their characters. And "finishing" the full 20 clade gifts may take years (I had to kill about 9600 undeads to get my 17th clade point).

Big guilds will fight for the keep spots anyway, if prepared with full amount of materials or not. Every keep spot will be camped by different guilds. I don't believe a guild could build a keep within one day (24 hours continuous play time). Big guild have to organize some soldiers to watch the unfinished keep during their offline time unless another guild from another continent could finish the building.

Reactions: Saphirix

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
one good thing giving incentive for players to leave towns, venture, fight for spots etc, is housing. I do think TC should come polished a shit ton so it isnt fucking up the game like it did in mo1. But pure housing, like we have had in mo1 release and for years till they add the modulars houses, was already cool and made it for thousands nices fights and stories. I have a broken hearth imaginating the persistence without ,at least, this same game feature added

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
Most definitely need keep spots. Would blow to have to afk murder counts outside of a town all the time. Keep spots are a necessity for a guild and alliances especially since keeps bring awesome battles for the spot and once the keep is established. Also palisades would be welcomed. Personally I can wait for a houses as long as we have the other two implemented.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Most definitely need keep spots. Would blow to have to afk murder counts outside of a town all the time.

AFKing murder counts shouldn't be a thing. AFKing anything should not be a thing. Murder counts should bleed off at a constant rate 48 hours after your most recent login. Rebalance the timers if needed but no freaking AFK crap please.

People shouldn't be wasting power running a high end game all night because of stupid mechanics like AFKing murder counts.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
AFKing murder counts shouldn't be a thing. AFKing anything should not be a thing. Murder counts should bleed off at a constant rate 48 hours after your most recent login. Rebalance the timers if needed but no freaking AFK crap please.

People shouldn't be wasting power running a high end game all night because of stupid mechanics like AFKing murder counts.
I agree. Good luck on that one though...they had that in MO1 for 10 years. Even though guild priests basically made MC's pointless.

shill

Mar 24, 2021
There should be way to spread population off the cities... lack of keeps/housing will promote ganking in cities vicinity very much imho. Of course question is what will new flagging system work after being revamped - that may (but may not) make things a bit easier without housing.

Yet i voted - housing in before PS.

Reactions: Speeddevil

LilLordFontleroy

Nov 28, 2020
Wait...whaat....they should definitely have housing and TC in before release...what are they thinking? They shouldn't rush this.