Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.38 Discussion

agui

May 31, 2020
Who cares about them? They will be gone after persistent state.

I mean we are in a combat alpha which some players has this "especial" benefit and others dont ... i think it might be something easy to fix and brings more adjusted combat situations together the implementations ghat have been made.

There isnt much to do right now then fight ... and still a combat alpha, so makes perfect sense to fix even tought the persistent stage it will be only end of march?

They looking for 4k players to play the game ... so some aspects of combat is important too to make ppl fixed on the game bring more players etc.

They should dedicate someone just to hear combat questions , bugs related to combat, etc.

Cause when goes persistent ppl will start to lose things and many new players will get mad.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I mean we are in a combat alpha which some players has this "especial" benefit and others dont ... i think it might be something easy to fix and brings more adjusted combat situations together the implementations ghat have been made.

There isnt much to do right now then fight ... and still a combat alpha, so makes perfect sense to fix even tought the persistent stage it will be only end of march?

They looking for 4k players to play the game ... so some aspects of combat is important too to make ppl fixed on the game bring more players etc.

They should dedicate someone just to hear combat questions , bugs related to combat, etc.

Cause when goes persistent ppl will start to lose things and many new players will get mad.
Well, it's officially "beta" and persistent (early access) "release" is supposed to be next month. :p

Not much to do aside from fighting has sadly been a norm with MO in general.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
So in mo2 my sword swings slower, but the pigs run faster......😡 I see how it is.....
What MO and any other MMO really needs is mana and stamina management systems for NPCs, so they don't just have infinite of it. Basically NPCs that adhere to the same rules as players.
Just like any creature in MO should have dynamic attributes/stats this time around and not just mounts. And you should be able to mount anything that is big and strong enough. :p

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
What MO and any other MMO really needs is mana and stamina management systems for NPCs, so they don't just have infinite of it. Basically NPCs that adhere to the same rules as players.
Just like any creature in MO should have dynamic attributes/stats this time around and not just mounts. And you should be able to mount anything that is big and strong enough. :p
All of this, soooo much.

And NPCS NEED to abide by collision rules other than pathfinding around terrain. I hated that in MO1 where if you are fighting multiple melee mobs. A lot of the time with most mobs you'd risk getting stuck inside of them if you weren't careful because you can collide with them, but they dont give two shits about colliding with you.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
its not like this is a new concept... even eq had it back in the day for mana so when they ran out they would stop casting and switch to melee or you could burn their mana and make it happen faster. Stamina is a trickier one since enemies should remain dangerous.

in MO1 i think they got slower as they were more heavily damaged so you could run away and kite any melee mob at that point, but even that has its downside as the enemy is essentially trivialized if you get them to slow down even a little bit.

there's a lot of things sv needs to consider with how they want their NPCs to behave. do they move full speed in water? if not is it acceptable strategy to lure enemies to water and pelt them down from shore? what should npcs do if they cant reach their target due to pathing 'abuse'? right now they just sit there like an idiot waiting to die. is that really how we want the npcs in game to behave? theres any number of solutions that other MMOs have implemented (go invulnerable, have infinite hp regen, warp back to spawn point, summon you to them, etc) but sitting and waiting to die is likely not the best solution.

i dont think there should be any issue with npcs having mana as a resource, stamina is tricky since you could potentially abuse pathing to run them out of stamina and trivialize the fight. in sarducaa it was mounted archer heaven and i dont think npcs should have no recourse vs a mounted archer. SV needs to take a hard look at how they want NPCs to function and if such tactics should be allowed, and if not, how to prevent such abuse.

-barcode

Reactions: Skydancer

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
All of this, soooo much.

And NPCS NEED to abide by collision rules other than pathfinding around terrain. I hated that in MO1 where if you are fighting multiple melee mobs. A lot of the time with most mobs you'd risk getting stuck inside of them if you weren't careful because you can collide with them, but they dont give two shits about colliding with you.
100% agree that is needed

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
its not like this is a new concept... even eq had it back in the day for mana so when they ran out they would stop casting and switch to melee or you could burn their mana and make it happen faster. Stamina is a trickier one since enemies should remain dangerous.

in MO1 i think they got slower as they were more heavily damaged so you could run away and kite any melee mob at that point, but even that has its downside as the enemy is essentially trivialized if you get them to slow down even a little bit.

there's a lot of things sv needs to consider with how they want their NPCs to behave. do they move full speed in water? if not is it acceptable strategy to lure enemies to water and pelt them down from shore? what should npcs do if they cant reach their target due to pathing 'abuse'? right now they just sit there like an idiot waiting to die. is that really how we want the npcs in game to behave? theres any number of solutions that other MMOs have implemented (go invulnerable, have infinite hp regen, warp back to spawn point, summon you to them, etc) but sitting and waiting to die is likely not the best solution.

i dont think there should be any issue with npcs having mana as a resource, stamina is tricky since you could potentially abuse pathing to run them out of stamina and trivialize the fight. in sarducaa it was mounted archer heaven and i dont think npcs should have no recourse vs a mounted archer. SV needs to take a hard look at how they want NPCs to function and if such tactics should be allowed, and if not, how to prevent such abuse.
How would running a magic NPC out of mana trivialize a fight any less than running an NPC out of stamina?
Also stamina does absolutely nothing for an NPC against your example of mounted players. Stamina is mostly a problem with them running anyway.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
How would running a magic NPC out of mana trivialize a fight any less than running an NPC out of stamina?
Also stamina does absolutely nothing for an NPC against your example of mounted players. Stamina is mostly a problem with them running anyway.
if they run out of mana then they cant cast for a time (and generally it takes longer to get mana back than stamina so it may be a while till they can cast again) so they will have to switch to melee (or maybe bows). if they run out of stamina, they can be easily kited, making killing them trivial. if its just to slow them down when low on health and running, then thats a completely different mechanic.

i dont have a good solution to mounted archery, but vs enemies where sv does not consider it to be a valid tactic (i.e. not your generic bush pig or springbok but something that should be difficult to kill) then the enemies should have some way to prevent you from kiting them as a solo MA, be that a guaranteed dismount or a summons etc.

-barcode