US riots

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Wtf is going on in the us? Any us members enlighten us please
In Minneapolis Minnesota, a cop with a track record of being physically abusive and aggressive used a power/leverage position of holding his knee on a Mr. George Floyd's neck, for over 10 minutes, whilst his fellow cops held down Floyd or stood guard.

They already had him cuffed and restrained, there was really no call to be sitting on the man's neck that long.

Mr. Floyd was accused of paying for a pack of cigarettes with a counterfeit $20 bill, (or wrote a bad check, sources are conflicted). Neither of which are a death penalty offense, or even really enforceable by local PD as that falls under the IRS and the Treasury Department's jurisdiction.

The Riots started as protests, however due to the large scale of the initial protests, and the overwhelming numbers of people in comparison to cops, opportunists have taken the upset as an excuse and means to commit acts of looting and violence on neighbors and businesses. This has led to a rash of violence in a population that is clearly upset with the repression tactics that the agents of the government have committed against them, after years of "qualified immunity" from prosecution for bad conduct and an unwillingness from the courts to hold accountable bad actors.

In short, this is the straw that has broken the proverbial camel's back, and people in general are pissed. What started off as anti-police brutality movements has devolved quickly into conflict along racial and socio-economic lines.

So many rabid animals.

Apt description; there is no civility or reason to be had. It sickens me as people stand idly by and watch it happen, filming it. Then people wonder why Americans like me are so ardent in our right to keep and bear arms. Europeans often comment that they don't understand the mentality "Why would you need an 'assault weapon' with a 30 round magazine?!"

Case in point, if you can count, you can see a lot of potential hostile targets that can move quickly and have violent intent, and unless you think I'm capable of going 30/30, expect some missed shots and a need to reload and follow up with shots in quick succession.

Like that couple in Rochester NY (just 50 miles away from me) who were beaten with 2x4 planks. The woman ended up in the hospital, carried away by an ambulance. They are lucky to be alive, and in that moment had no reason to suspect that those people assaulting them would stop at just beating and looting, because if they had a mind to kill that couple, they very well could have. No one intervened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavu

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I finally understood what you said after watching this video, which shocked me to the core:

Uh no. I don't think you're understanding. Let's just say that a certain group of people in the U.S. believes that the best way to fight White Oppression is to loot stores for expensive electronics, and vandalize property owned by minorities.

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
The US has been race baited by its own media into making them believe how racist their country still is. It doesn't matter if George Floyd's death had anything to do with racism, but it will still go down as another stat to reinforce the idea that the disproportionate amount of black people being killed is solely due to racism. Can't we have a discussion about why this is without immediately blaming racism like it's a simple black and white issue (pun intended)? I don't see people talking about the individuality in these cases -- all I'm seeing are lists of names. I feel like there's no dialogue in America anymore. It's all just more and more reactionary now with all the amount of echochambers we have in different social media platforms.

It boggles my mind to still see things like "Hands Up Don't Shoot" chants around the country considering the details in the DOJ report of Michael Brown's case that no one bothered to read. In it, there were black members of the community who testified against the narrative the media tried so hard to push. They had to remain anonymous because of the backlash they thought they would receive from their own community. No one wanted to be accountable because of fear, and I think this applies today with what we're seeing in the obvious malpractice from some of the police. Good cops don't wanna speak up against the bad ones because the police is a family of their own.

I feel like this whole situation is a lot of uninformed people who see their neighbors shouting at the racism boogeyman, making them think "Oh, well I don't like racism either, so I'd better shout with them," regardless if they even bothered to take the time to research what exactly was going on.

Sorry for the rant. I just wish people had actual discussions about this stuff, but instead all I see are echochambered communities spitting out the same rhetoric day after day. Luckily, this community is different.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
The US has been race baited by its own media into making them believe how racist their country still is. It doesn't matter if George Floyd's death had anything to do with racism, but it will still go down as another stat to reinforce the idea that the disproportionate amount of black people being killed is solely due to racism. Can't we have a discussion about why this is without immediately blaming racism like it's a simple black and white issue (pun intended)? I don't see people talking about the individuality in these cases -- all I'm seeing are lists of names. I feel like there's no dialogue in America anymore. It's all just more and more reactionary now with all the amount of echochambers we have in different social media platforms.

It boggles my mind to still see things like "Hands Up Don't Shoot" chants around the country considering the details in the DOJ report of Michael Brown's case that no one bothered to read. In it, there were black members of the community who testified against the narrative the media tried so hard to push. They had to remain anonymous because of the backlash they thought they would receive from their own community. No one wanted to be accountable because of fear, and I think this applies today with what we're seeing in the obvious malpractice from some of the police. Good cops don't wanna speak up against the bad ones because the police is a family of their own.

I feel like this whole situation is a lot of uninformed people who see their neighbors shouting at the racism boogeyman, making them think "Oh, well I don't like racism either, so I'd better shout with them," regardless if they even bothered to take the time to research what exactly was going on.

Sorry for the rant. I just wish people had actual discussions about this stuff, but instead all I see are echochambered communities spitting out the same rhetoric day after day. Luckily, this community is different.
There's an easy solution to all this that's being pushed by the media and that's make all the white people go away

May 28, 2020
Sickened by many of the replies in this thread and the overall attitude. If white people stopped being racist none of this would have happened. #blacklivesmatter

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
I hate to generalize like this, but I think we can agree that the average black person has a harder time growing up than the average white person when looking at the types of communities these groups predominately grow up in. Just look at the income disparities between the two. It's no wonder why people in these communities resort to criminal activities, which in turn leads to an increase in law enforcement presence. There's gotta be a focus on the police bringing these communities up and not taking advantage of the already damaged black communities to fill their quotas. I think this starts with the war on drugs -- legalize weed yo! It's a snowball effect that I think has more to do with power and class than it does with race. Hopefully the bridge hasn't burned just yet, though some of these tactics I see the police using aren't gonna win anyone's hearts over that's for sure.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I mean, it’s almost simplicity itself to find videos of a cop being unnecessarily rough with a black person. How many cops roughing up a white guy videos can you find? How many of a white guy getting shot up when even slightly resisting arrest?

Helix

May 28, 2020
Sickened by many of the replies in this thread and the overall attitude. If white people stopped being racist none of this would have happened. #blacklivesmatter

Let me wave my magic wand....

The reality is racism isn't going away in a day, a week, a month or a year. It would take several dozen generations worth of reconditioning society to weed out racism in america. Which isn't to say that it shouldn't be done, merely that all the heel clicking, sign waving and chanting won't produce any instant results.

I just wish BLM got up in arms about all the black on black violence in chicago like they do when a white cop kills an african american.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Hmm complains about white people being racist while entire post is racism....GOOD JOB :ROFLMAO: #ALLlivesmatterequally

All lives matter as a phrase is a misguided protest to a protest.

No shit all lives matter, but the point is that people feel like black lives aren't being treated like they matter, hence #BlackLivesMatter.
They aren't saying black lives are the only lives that matter, and if you think they are, you reaaaaaaaaally want to be the victim somehow.

Personally...

I think it's more a separation of police vs. not police than race. A cop can kill you if they want, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Reactions: PatWins

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If recent events are any indication, the issue seems to have moved beyond merely highlighting the inherent moral value of black lives being equal with all other lives.

I'll end with this very poignant and moving speech by the late-Martin Luther King Jr. The mixed crowd stood together side by side, not one person was exerting authority or superiority of their race over another.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Wasnt this topic about the riots?
I get rasicim was the start to the beast of rioting, although the more we keep labeling people black, white, yellow, brown ect. The farther apart humanity becomes.

We are all just blood and bones in a sack of skin. Just be happy for who you are, no one or anything should make you feel lesser then what we really are. Humans...

Stay safe and smart out there, damn virus is claiming people more and more!!

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
If recent events are any indication, the issue seems to have moved beyond merely highlighting the inherent moral value of black lives being equal with all other lives.

I'll end with this very poignant and moving speech by the late-Martin Luther King Jr. The mixed crowd stood together side by side, not one person was exerting authority or superiority of their race over another.
Wise little piggy once said, All people are equal, just some are more equal than others.

Rulant

May 30, 2020
Everyone gets free and cheap post secondary education except whites, everyone gets preferential treatment when it comes to jobs except whites, because the government throws them a bone if they hire non whites. This country was founded by white christian Europeans and now it has become this. A near lawless wasteland.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Everyone gets free and cheap post secondary education except whites, everyone gets preferential treatment when it comes to jobs except whites, because the government throws them a bone if they hire non whites. This country was founded by white christian Europeans and now it has become this. A near lawless wasteland.
Wrong. This country was founded by Nigerian Princes, Chinese gold farmers and Russian hackers

Reactions: Rulant

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
They've used the knee before, on a white guy in Dallas named Tony Timpa.

Truly saddening to see the guy die needlessly. I get that they were trying to restrain him but that knee move seemed to have suffocated him to death if I'm not mistaken?

I went and looked up other past videos of this tragedy, found the bereaved mother's heartbroken reaction to the cam footage of her son's death:

Reactions: Najwalaylah