Zoology

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

I was looking at making a full butcher when I realized that if I wanted to butcher every animal in the game and get all of the resources it would require 100% of my points to do so. This is a rather step penalty for a skill that is essentially the same for every animal. With domestication being allocated to action skills, I recommend that the entire Zoology tree be changed to a secondary. This would free up an amazing 800 primary points and allow a butcher to do more than just one job.

Reactions: Rorry

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The Zoology tree is needed by tamers and dominators. Making the skills secondary would allow them to tame/dominate all creature types.

A full butcher is not needed! Even with no points in a skill you get half of the maximum outcome (or maybe even more, I can't check yet). There are Zoology skills without any animals in the current state of the game. In MO1 a "full" butcher learned arthropoda, mammalia and reptilia. The aves tree is for terrorbirds and chicken only, and pisces were probably butchered by a small number of players only.

Reactions: Tzone
D

Deleted member 44

Yeah what's wrong with tamers being able to tame everything which they won't even be able to do because high tier monsters require domination. Game is way to restrictive in what you can and can't do. Seems everything is a primary and unnecessarily restrictive. I'm not going to waste my time doing something at half yield.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
The Zoology tree is needed by tamers and dominators. Making the skills secondary would allow them to tame/dominate all creature types.

A full butcher is not needed! Even with no points in a skill you get half of the maximum outcome (or maybe even more, I can't check yet). There are Zoology skills without any animals in the current state of the game. In MO1 a "full" butcher learned arthropoda, mammalia and reptilia. The aves tree is for terrorbirds and chicken only, and pisces were probably butchered by a small number of players only.
This is a moot point. On my tamer I just went butcher anyway because there was no reason not to since I had to waste Profession Points in order to properly use what is an Action Points ability. The design is flawed and needlessly convoluted imo.