Zoology and its sub-trees skill damage bonus is underwhelming

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Hi there,

Just some quick feedback. Having trained my Zoology/Mammalia/Cetartiodactyla/Pecora/Caprinomorpha skills to 100 I feel that I can safely say the damage bonus the skill mentions is either not working at all, or it is so small that it is hard to notice outside of normal damage range variance on an attack. For reference, the equipment used is below:
Long Recurve Bow with 109.6 Strength requirement, Longbow Arrows
110 Strength
Damage range on Headshots is 94-102 approx
Damage range on all other parts is 74-82 approx

I can say with certainty that when I started paying attention to it, around from skill to 60 to 100 I definitely did not notice any increase at all.

As a side note, it seems like having skill 100 either unlocks or increases the odds of finding tertiary loot. Can anyone confirm?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The damage bonus from Zoology lores never worked in MO1. StarVault is creating MO2 on the base systems from MO1 (as you can see e.g. in Alchemy and Bow crafting). We should ask @Henrik Nyström about the background of this damage bonus. Maybe the bonus has a meaning for fighting pets (their attacks get harder) but not players vs animals.

Last edited:

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
The damage bonus from Zoology lores never worked in MO1. StarVault is creating MO2 on the base systems from MO1 (as you can see e.g. in Alchemy and Bow crafting). We should ask @Henrik Nyström about the background of this damage bonus. Maybe the bonus has a meaning for fighting pets (their attacks get harder) but now players vs animals.

If you meant @but not players vs animals, I think it is suppose to work like that. But Ive tested 110 and 120 strength bows and my damage was nowhere near 100, so shes doing something right. I made my own longbows and have only seem 80-90 max hs and 50-70 body

Last edited: