You are in the server queue.

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
UPDATE:

i just got that from the Discord announcement thread posted by our new Community Manager @Robmo

so at this time i want to say thanks for keeping us updated.

Here now what he posted there:

Can I delete my character and get back into haven?

They are not deleting characters at the time. What they are planning to do is implement the option to return to haven. It is being tested right now. They want to make sure it doesn't break guilds and other functions. The would like to get this in early in the week, but this is not a promise. If things break, they will not be able to push this feature out.

Hello once again. I wanted to bring forward that with the "return to haven feature" they are going to be putting in more content in Haven. There will be more interesting things to do, whatever form that may take. Please keep in mind, this bears all on the fact the return to haven feature does not break your progress. So again, this isn't a promise, but they hope the testing will be fruitful.

For now the devs recommend you stay in Haven while the queue pipeline is being worked on.

Are the servers at capacity?

The short answer is no. Server is not working correctly with capacity cap. What is happening is certain hotspots regions have unnormal load that sets the tempo of login.
To couple this the queue system doesn’t simply work correctly

Wanted to add some clarification, Its not that your server node is busy and you can't get into that specific node, its that certain nodes are so busy, its affecting the grid.

if you want to read the full report, maybe log in there and you can read a bit more about what is going on.

hopefully we will have a good solution very soon.

for me its end of a long day, will hear you all tomorow evening after work . good night everyone and have a great time.

Reactions: Bauglir

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
UPDATE:

i just got that from the Discord announcement thread posted by our new Community Manager @Robmo

so at this time i want to say thanks for keeping us updated.

Here now what he posted there:

if you want to read the full report, maybe log in there and you can read a bit more about what is going on.

hopefully we will have a good solution very soon.

for me its end of a long day, will hear you all tomorow evening after work . good night everyone and have a great time.

next update for the one with no access to it:

1. Quick Update We are getting close to having the login system fully rebuilt with a queue number status. Finally! We plan to have this on test bench tomorrow. Today we have finished the node distribution on Myrland which adds more capacity. So we going to have some juicy patches shorty and finally the hell login should be over. God Speed Mortals.

2. People have been asking about a patch, they are testing right now and are hopefully patching tomorrow. However, it depends on how testing goes. They do not want to push a patch that will cause error.

3. Capacity So the cap is confusing for people which is very understandable. This is because there is no such thing as a 5k/5k cap for instance. Every section has a node load that we see every millisecond in which it gets updated if it’s heavy or not. This is being sent to the master servers that keep track of it and will be able to handle more players without reaching a delay that causes lag on the server, so depending on node distribution and player load in Myrland, it dynamically opens up or holds login for a moment and so it keeps doing every second. This has been quite a severe load when we are leaving to sleep (Sweden) and then we set it higher and higher when we work and can monitor the player feedback on lag, monitoring the different regions. This will get improved with our next patch as we have added more nodes to the top hotspots in Myrland. Nodeline distribution has changed since the beta test. We are also doing several optimizations on these areas at the end of this week. The biggest noticeable difference will be with the login system that will show everyone the login queue number and progress. It will much more reliably get players into the game. We have calculated and average for wait is currently 1h to get in. When the login server is extra stressed it clearly goes way beyond that. This is a clear sign of the login loop and connection loss mentioned yesterday. This is the biggest and worst issue that causes massive frustration, very understandably so. Therefore we have a very big focus on patching this fix as soon as we can. If things go as planed, we should have ALL these steps of improvements this week. The login should be greatly reduced and reliable with progress info for the players. Depending on progress and testing, this could be one patch later or multiple patches sooner.

just to keep you postet as promissed. again the infos are from the discord server postet by the new community manager @Robmo

Reactions: Bauglir

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
All i understood from that is that they allow more players during office hours (Sweden time). So Non EU players are getting the short end of the stick. Again.

also what happens on weekend when they are not working and everyone is trying to log in?

also it doesnt explain why the same guy with 2 separate computers using the same connection is able to always connect with the one comp, and never with the other. There is more to the story than just overloaded nodes.
I sure hope they fix it tomorrow, but at this point i have little faith. For once id love to be proven wrong by SV.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
My game has not crashed once I think. Played Haven for 40+ hours. Yesterday I sat in queue for 5-6 hours, did not get in and did not crash.

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
Hello Everyone, I got some new info and wanted to give you guys something before I was away for the day. The patch has progressed quite well. The node distribution and optimization has been approved on the test. The have reached a hitch with the login issue, which they are working on. If they can fix this today and testing is approved. They will be able to patch. They appreciate your patience as they want to make sure there is no problems going forward.

Patch will not come out today. They are close to the login issue being fixed. This is not 100% but tomorrow is looking good. This includes some exploit fixes, with other fixes as well. The dev team apologizes for the wait. Be strong Mortals, they have not given up, and never will.

its lookinig good. so maybe already from tomorow on we already can play. good night warriors.

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
i still didnt managed to log in and delete my char. ok, thats a lie, i managed and then the rollback came and my char is back......
its now a long time and there is still no chance for me to log in and delete the char to just play in haven but play. is it worth to wait and spend that much time for nothing? atm it looks like if i and the whole comunity just will search another game. i want to enjoy my time playing games and not palying the queue simulator. that easaly also can be don by while(true){do nothing} hows your experience since the patch?

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I apologize for not being in the forums. Its been hectic and the discord keeps me busy. I'll do better!

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
dear @Robmo, thats fine we get the information shared. what is more a bit of a problem is that we move just about 5 places per hour. im again sitting in queue since server nestart yesterday. already deleted my char and due to rollback again cant play, there is no option to help us self out then to wait freaking 5 days in queue to get right then in when your on toilet or get a call. it feels like there are N numbers on server but N-5 ppl never getting logged off. because you cant tell me that that isnt the case if i just get moved them few places per hour. alll we want is to go in and delet the char that we already deleted while waiting days in queue. and now again. its neither fun nor a nice activity to stay in the queue. and while waiting now since 2 weeks just in the queue im seriously thinking to just search another game with the roughly 200 other ppl from my community. changed from new world to MO as the constant issues was annoying to just find the same again. we want to play not to sit in the queue. that things can take time, yes i do agree. but then make a easy function befor you even log in where you can write to a gm or even for doing it yourself to delet the char.

function(){
delete(find.charWithSameSteamID());
}

and the queue and moral and interest in the game would rapidly increase as there would be no queue anymore because we would all play in haven and you have time for couple weeks to find a solution and fix the issue.

but there is no such option so ppl getting pissed because they cant play, theyr just wasting time in queue, and o yea, due to EAC lots of other games cant even be playd simultaniously as there is already an instance of EAC running and not everyone uses virtualisation to cover that issue etc.

so please find a solution, but now as ppl are getting bored.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
dear @Robmo, thats fine we get the information shared. what is more a bit of a problem is that we move just about 5 places per hour. im again sitting in queue since server nestart yesterday. already deleted my char and due to rollback again cant play, there is no option to help us self out then to wait freaking 5 days in queue to get right then in when your on toilet or get a call. it feels like there are N numbers on server but N-5 ppl never getting logged off. because you cant tell me that that isnt the case if i just get moved them few places per hour. alll we want is to go in and delet the char that we already deleted while waiting days in queue. and now again. its neither fun nor a nice activity to stay in the queue. and while waiting now since 2 weeks just in the queue im seriously thinking to just search another game with the roughly 200 other ppl from my community. changed from new world to MO as the constant issues was annoying to just find the same again. we want to play not to sit in the queue. that things can take time, yes i do agree. but then make a easy function befor you even log in where you can write to a gm or even for doing it yourself to delet the char.

function(){
delete(find.charWithSameSteamID());
}

and the queue and moral and interest in the game would rapidly increase as there would be no queue anymore because we would all play in haven and you have time for couple weeks to find a solution and fix the issue.

but there is no such option so ppl getting pissed because they cant play, theyr just wasting time in queue, and o yea, due to EAC lots of other games cant even be playd simultaniously as there is already an instance of EAC running and not everyone uses virtualisation to cover that issue etc.

so please find a solution, but now as ppl are getting bored.

Hey man,

The current situation is just plain bad. For one I am pushing for a system to kick AFK and Macro afk. Like a captcha? That will help problems. Henrik and his team are pretty aware the problems are killing the game so they are making efforts to help this nodeline bottleneck that is not letting players in. I know the team members that don't work on network are working on things such as the return to haven. However, that is not a solution, but duct tape to the problem. I really hope it gets better, I am a player myself, it sucks people losing faith in such a great game otherwise.

I appreciate this feedback, I really do.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hey man,

The current situation is just plain bad. For one I am pushing for a system to kick AFK and Macro afk. Like a captcha? That will help problems. Henrik and his team are pretty aware the problems are killing the game so they are making efforts to help this nodeline bottleneck that is not letting players in. I know the team members that don't work on network are working on things such as the return to haven. However, that is not a solution, but duct tape to the problem. I really hope it gets better, I am a player myself, it sucks people losing faith in such a great game otherwise.

captcha is a bad look in this instance. Dunno what the solution is, but getting people offline who are asleep would be a start. There has to be an easier way.

The game is being killed, yes, with the players outside looking in feeling like they funded a game for select people who never leave their cpu (and thus are always ready to log in at reset.)

Why is Henrik so opposed to offering refunds? It would get rid of a lot of people who are disgruntled, free up space, and it's not like you guys haven't sold enough copies. Have faith that the people who bought the game like the concept and would re-buy once the game is working; it would buy time.

The reason people are losing faith is because they spent money on something they cannot use and their funds are effectively tied up in a game only certain people (conspiracy theories abound) can play.

I, for one, have never experienced this level of grief over a game launch, never been unable to log into a game since the first day. I don't consider myself a mild mannered person, but I try to take things in stride. Offering us our money back would let us at least exhale and go elsewhere until the problems are fixed. A lot of the toxicity/negative reviews, etc, come from people who cannot get their money back.

If you guys would refund and halt sales until you get what pop you have into the game, I really think it would work out better. It would seem less underhanded and I imagine most people would be cool with it, and probably come back if and when you get things working. You can only ignore the 5000 people standing outside of your store for so long, you know?

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
Hey man,

@Robmo, i do understand that the going back to haven feature can be quite complicated as there are things their not available in haven and could break the system etc. but to delet the caracter is quite easy as this function already exxists, call it aswell from an other class and we would have a big realeave that also is just done in couple min + testing. so in theory you could deliver that already today and bring some reliefe or atleast how stated above, get one gm, or make a mail box what ever, where ppl can write theyr accs and the char get deleted by hand. at the end (i asume your using sql database) all will be just a query, more or less complicated. but the delete function to be called outside of the class from another is quite simple to do as a short time relleave, because im sure that atleast 50% of ppl queueing at the moment would use this function to go back to play imediatly and that would buy alot of time.

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
lol, server restart, after login servers are available i was in q 135, and then jumped up to over 3100. how is that possible.
befor restart i was at 1000 and a bit, so again i just can wait for another couple weeks. but by the way it looks for me i just see alot of wrong decisions made....

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
@Rombo please suspend game sales until you find a way to increase server capacity.

offer refunds asap to those that cant get in. Selling a game knowing full well people cant play it is dishonest.

be transparent about the current server capacity, and what you are doing to improve it. If the current server can only handle X amount, then say it.

let people delete characters so they can return to Haven if they are stuck in endless queue.

this may, possibly temporarily stem the flow of very unhappy customers you are piling up. I have played MO for 10 years and this is a new low for SV. Please start making good choices. Now.

Istar

Jan 28, 2022
EMEA
@Jackdstripper for myself im not as concerned about the refunds, if steam does not want to give a reafund and you paid with a mastercard or visa chast initialise a chargeback. with mastercard it would be chargeback reason code 4853 Service/goods not as described, as we paid for a game but just sit in a never ending queue for weeks and visa i guess was cbrc 12.5. if you used paypal there you can do the same over paypal.
and in case also mention that the refund policy was not clearly stated at the date of purchase.

for me its more we have a biger community, we want to play together, some can play in haven, some cant at all, some already stoped....

i persanly dont mind to stay in haven for another few weeks but i do mind if i wast electicity, free time, etc to just stay in a queue. the time i spend in the queue if they would have to pay my wage they would go bankrupt. i dont mind to stay in the queue for a couple min. but since release i hast just about 3-4h playtime, rest i was in the queue simulator. but i really dont be patient long anymore and then will change the game, once changed i also wont come back anymore as i will spend my time in just one game.

the ppl are eager and want to play, but the decisions that get made atm doesnt seem to fix the issue at all, and it also dont seem to bring a just light modereate effect as im still 24h in a queue without beeing able to play like i was befor. therefore i would like to suggest, either ask the community what they want and may there are good solutions in to solve it as a short term solution. or watch hofe more and more ppl wil walk away the next 1-2 weeks. so then you also wont have to increase server cap anymore as there wont be enough to fill it up anymore.

ppl was very patient for quite a while now but i dont think they will be patient again as long as they already was till now.

@Robmo i guess you will have to step in as community manager and start taking a lead and also search the dialog betweed prooject management, leading , stakeholders and community as there soon will be drastic changes. and as a company your first target is to grow, but this does only work if you have enough customers. customers bring money and that let you grow. you want to do a subscription model, thats fine, but if you lose half of your future customers now already that means there will be a hughe difference by the monthly income.

so yes, im pretty sure the whole community is aware that you have to make money so we can play etc. but we also wont stay here and wait another few weeks till someone comes up with the idea "we may have to start thinging to start considering a solution as our customers are running away, any ideas?".

you have to start acting now. i know everyone at SV is under enormous preassure right now, but that means even more the importance of doing the right decisions at the right time.

ease the preassure and give the customers a possibility to play and at the same time you will gain lots of time and ease the preassure and cans tart working on a permanent solution that will work.

Robmo said:
Hey man,

@Robmo, i do understand that the going back to haven feature can be quite complicated as there are things their not available in haven and could break the system etc. but to delet the caracter is quite easy as this function already exxists, call it aswell from an other class and we would have a big realeave that also is just done in couple min + testing. so in theory you could deliver that already today and bring some reliefe or atleast how stated above, get one gm, or make a mail box what ever, where ppl can write theyr accs and the char get deleted by hand. at the end (i asume your using sql database) all will be just a query, more or less complicated. but the delete function to be called outside of the class from another is quite simple to do as a short time relleave, because im sure that atleast 50% of ppl queueing at the moment would use this function to go back to play imediatly and that would buy alot of time.

or initiate a second queue only to log delet chars where the actual server join is permitet /disabled. users in this queue ignore the regular login but that way they get access to the character and can finaly delete it. what ever you choose or do, but do it quick.

and sorry @Robmo but as community managers your the interface for us to communicate. there you may have to step in and show bit more iniciative and pass on the preassure from the community on to the once they do the decision that they realise how the situation is down here and how we feel.

and i guess the community would agree with that.