Yet Another Mage Change Proposal

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
I’m positive SV is not finished balancing and most requests will be invalid.
I’ve seen people complain how heavy armor users can cast. Here is a simple change that could be implemented.

Scale damage reduction and cast time based on Armor weight. Damage reduction can start at something like 8kg or 10kg.

• Love
Reactions: AssassinOTL

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
This would just hurt hybrids and paladins the most. How about we remove the retarded damage increase for being obese/fat? Fat mages are the real cancer of this game.

Bad take, you don't punish the Specialized class for taking on more disabilities for a trade up in their specific class, i've mentioned a few times that it's bad for the game when Hybrids have more use in a fight than a full mage, that's because the mages take all the punishments with the class, Hybrids remove a lot of the disabilities and fight opportunistically. this is a really good way for them to have to take the same risks and damage that Mages do to have that unique ability to cast high level spells and it is going in the right direction

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Bad take, you don't punish the Specialized class for taking on more disabilities for a trade up in their specific class, i've mentioned a few times that it's bad for the game when Hybrids have more use in a fight than a full mage, that's because the mages take all the punishments with the class, Hybrids remove a lot of the disabilities and fight opportunistically. this is a really good way for them to have to take the same risks and damage that Mages do to have that unique ability to cast high level spells and it is going in the right direction
at least be a little less obvious if your gonna try to troll, 1/10

Reactions: Tzone and MolagAmur

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
at least be a little less obvious if your gonna try to troll, 1/10
A hybrid would still be able to corrupt, purify, and maybe magic reflect. You want them to have great heals and magic damage too? And also wear heavy armor with melee?

• Haha
Reactions: AssassinOTL

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
A hybrid would still be able to corrupt, purify, and maybe magic reflect. You want them to have great heals and magic damage too? And also wear heavy armor with melee?
yes because it's the class they play, but they have been asking for Mages to do less, damage, but if it's only their build they dont want it to happen haha hypocritical cant expect anything logical from that poor soul

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
They already have a big penalty for wearing heavy armor, they cant regen mana at all. Not even sitting down after the latest patch. They can barely cast 2 fulms/tlashes in 1 mana bar. They do less damage/heals. You must have never played a hybrid if you think their magic capabilities are anywhere near that of a full mage, especially a fat one lol Or maybe ur just trolling like that other Assassin kid

Reactions: Tzone and MolagAmur

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
They already have a big penalty for wearing heavy armor, they cant regen mana at all. Not even sitting down after the latest patch. They can barely cast 2 fulms/tlashes in 1 mana bar. They do less damage/heals. You must have never played a hybrid if you think their magic capabilities are anywhere near that of a full mage, especially a fat one lol Or maybe ur just trolling like that other Assassin kid
yeah because you could never be wrong right? half the reason most of magic is so restricted is because of builds like the hybrids, and that anyone is free to spec into it because SV didnt restrict it to a class based system, you can alleviate some of that by simply making magic more unique to Mages,

and mages also have the same restrictions on mana regen in their armor.... it wasnt unique to Hybrids it was a from feedback about mages that wore heavy armor like fat mages did in MO1... but i couldnt expect you to know that, or think that it was also applying to mages because you dont play it and see that the mana regen is also bad in the armor that's in game right now, The first ACTUAL mage armor has yet to be released... where you get less protection just for the standard mana regen you spec into. so no not trolling but i'll ignore your trolls and baits

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
yeah because you could never be wrong right? half the reason most of magic is so restricted is because of builds like the hybrids, and that anyone is free to spec into it because SV didnt restrict it to a class based system, you can alleviate some of that by simply making magic more unique to Mages,

and mages also have the same restrictions on mana regen in their armor.... it wasnt unique to Hybrids it was a from feedback about mages that wore heavy armor like fat mages did in MO1... but i couldnt expect you to know that, or think that it was also applying to mages because you dont play it and see that the mana regen is also bad in the armor that's in game right now, The first ACTUAL mage armor has yet to be released... where you get less protection just for the standard mana regen you spec into. so no not trolling but i'll ignore your trolls and baits
If your using heavy armor on a mage you are seriously dumb. You already get a shield on your back when casting and if oghmir u even get damage resistance clade... Even then u have 4x the mana bar as a hybrid so its not even close to the same magic output.

And how is magic even being restricted by hybrids? LMAO

The game is not built around "classes" anyways, if you want to spec a little magic into your build thats fine. My hybrid only has lesser heals, purify and outburst, higher damage spells/heals are just not mana efficient for a tiny mana bar.

But if you want to make magic more unique to mages, sure, lets also have melee more unique to hybrids: damage will go thru parries unless you have max str.

Reactions: Tzone

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
People just want their roles to not be nerfed and always want more buffs. I don’t play mage. But I see how a mounted fat mage in heavy armor and mounted archery can be a bit too strong.

what I proposed was not a flat out mega nerf for every build. It could be something like anything above 14kg starts to gradually lose damage. You know, like adjusting values until you find the sweet spot (balancing).

As far as mana regen, you do realize people just take off their armor to regen? And oghmir can tuck in their arms so they can’t get hit on their arms.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Oh great, this topic just repeats itself and end the same dead end.

Some here say hybrids are so much weaker at magic than a full mage. Well of course they are, because they are hybrids, by definition they do half mage half fighter. The mage does full mage, so yeah it's magic should be much stronger.

So what if the hybrid runs out of mana, that's the point. Then he switches back to melee weapons while he regens mana, then switch back to magic damage. That is hybrid.

If the fat mage runs out of mana, he is out of the fight and will have to sit down and hope he doesn't get aggrod in that time.

Yes fat mages have massive alpha strikes, it is a class trait. But they cannot sustain a fight like a hybrid dex mage.

To the OP: I know there are complaints about armoured mages, but they a probably still one of the rarest classes one sees around. If it was meta, there would be a lot more players.

Edit: and the complaint is centered around mounted mages and how mobile they are, nerf mounted mage then, not armoured mages. Especially that it will hit Paladins hard.

Reactions: Tekk

Tzone

May 16, 2021
With how people are in this game you can never be to sure that they were trolling. Like CMAR with the BOATs and FISH troll they did to Henrik to actually get those to become priorities when them and 9/10 people didnt think it was important to have or interesting.

Only reason to use heavy armor as a mage is tournies where you cant kite or some bosses where you can kill it before you run out of mana and cant block them.

Only really paladins are a focus of heavy armor/ magic and paldins not really viable right now cus they need a group.
If your using heavy armor on a mage you are seriously dumb. You already get a shield on your back when casting and if oghmir u even get damage resistance clade... Even then u have 4x the mana bar as a hybrid so its not even close to the same magic output.

And how is magic even being restricted by hybrids? LMAO

The game is not built around "classes" anyways, if you want to spec a little magic into your build thats fine. My hybrid only has lesser heals, purify and outburst, higher damage spells/heals are just not mana efficient for a tiny mana bar.

But if you want to make magic more unique to mages, sure, lets also have melee more unique to hybrids: damage will go thru parries unless you have max str.
Yeah the one time Ive seen him fight was at the MK tourney. He stayed in the back on I think a human mage in heavy armor and didnt move a inch or try to block or turn to hide cast nor use a shield. Just look like a struggle for him.

Its a 10v10 but tournies fat mage with heavy armor is meta to a degree.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
People just want their roles to not be nerfed and always want more buffs. I don’t play mage. But I see how a mounted fat mage in heavy armor and mounted archery can be a bit too strong.

what I proposed was not a flat out mega nerf for every build. It could be something like anything above 14kg starts to gradually lose damage. You know, like adjusting values until you find the sweet spot (balancing).

As far as mana regen, you do realize people just take off their armor to regen? And oghmir can tuck in their arms so they can’t get hit on their arms.
So mounted fat mages are the problem, lets nerf paladins!! 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So mounted fat mages are the problem, lets nerf paladins!! 🤦‍♂️
Paladins already got nerfed with the armor weight curv and "fix" to resting back mana. Almost no paladins now and very little decent hybrinds. Got a couple of weird alvarian hybrids that doing work well going on.

Last edited:

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Not trying to come in and white knight for @ElPerro but calling him a troll when he's played the first game and this game more then most people that have ever touched MO in general is honestly laughable.

If anyone knows a hybrid play style it's El Perro. He played a hybrid longer then most players, and knows more about the game then most people who claim they know everything.

Last I played Hybrids got heavily nerfed and never felt good afterwards and then they buffed fat mages. Which.. Makes no sense?

Where is the water combat for melee players? Still not in? Not surprised.

Oh, and another thing. People who cry about hybrids usually didn't play a hybrid. You stretch skill points, wear lower armor weight for mana regen, do reduced damage, and have to play a very specialized build that doesn't excel at anything.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Here's my take: Currently the game in it's current form allows anyone to be everything, with the only hindrance being how many points you got, Weight, and min/max build from age and attributes, to help make or break a build. To remedy this and make the game more interactive I believe specializations should be in game. Allow different Mage Schools as they intend, but add specializations to further the builds. Mage Class Specs: CC Mage: Damage gets lowered by 50% and gains access to Crowd Control abilities, examples: Slows, Freezes, Paralyzes, Chains, Roots, Slow Time, Ect... Buff Mage: Damage reduced by 50%: Makes Allies Faster/Stronger with spec specific spells, examples: Ally Speed, Ally Teleport, Ally Faster Charge attack, Ally stronger Fast attack, Ally More Damage Through Parry/Block, Ally More HP, Ally Magic Resist, Ally Defense Increase. Heal Mage: Damage Reduced by 50%, Heals increased by 25% and gains access to better Heals and Life saving abilities examples: Ally Hp Regen, Ally Chain Heal, Healing Fountain: 15% Hp regen and 20 Flat Healing Aoe to allies every 10 seconds. Ally Barrier Shield Magic Resist, Ally Barrier Shield Defense, Ally survive Mercy Mode for 1 more hit, Ally increased healing effect for 4 spell cast, ally immune to Debuffs 10seconds. The Damage Mage: Damage Stays where it's at currently in beta. Gains access to some more damaging moves EXAMPLES: Multi Tremor: Turns EarthQuake Spell into a Multi Hit that moves across the ground in a AOE movement spread outwards, enemies hit are Grounded stopping them from mounting again for 10 seconds. FireBall: Turns Outburst into a Fireball, adds damage and burns enemy for 5% Hp a second for 30 seconds, Lightning spell: Makes the Spell come from above the enemy increases range to as far as your curser can see enemy name, if spell misses enemy it hits the ground turning it into Lightning Ground. ThunderLash: Adds a Lash Onto Enemy, after 2 Lashes Paralyzes Enemy for 2 seconds and increases other lightning element damage done to enemy by 10%. Volcano Fulmination: Charges Fulmination to stay on top of enemy for longer, when it explodes it deals AOE damage and adds a chance for a mini Fulmination to hit enemy for half damage a few seconds after. Debuff Mage: Reduces damage by 50% but adds spells to debuff enemy: Examples: Curse Anti Heal: Enemy Takes Damage From healing instead of healing. Enemy Cast Time Doubled, Enemy charge Attack Time Doubled, Enemy Dexterity -25, enemy Strength -25, enemy stamina -25. Specializations would change the effects of every spell in other schools. Example The Elementalist Healing Rain Spell and the Necros Deaths Hand would both benefit different ways from the Heal Mage Spec. This would add a TON of variety to the builds in the game and make it so no one is the same!