Wyndorn's Big List of Quality-of-Life and Other Suggestions

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Here are a bunch of random QoL and other ideas I've had:

• Start new characters with 50 Resting - downtime for new players, especially those not used to more hardcore mmos, is too high, in the very beginning.
  • Add total weight to pet bags, i.e. 550/600kg ✅
  • Add description of the spell to the spell scroll, including the skill level change of the spell.
  • On the skills list, add an indicator if it is primary or secondary, without having to click on it to see the extra info
  • On the skills list, add an indicator for the lock/+/- status on the list, without having to click on it
  • When someone is typing into chat, where their speaker icon is on their player healthbar frame, add an indicator, such as "..." to show that they are typing (this will help with people who try to talk to people with voice, but don't realize the person is replying in local, which happens to me multiple times a day when I can't play with my mic on)
  • Add bulletin boards or something to houses, so people can leave you messages
  • Add a confirmation for when picking up a house item
  • Give GMs tools to increase house height (mine got lowered with a patch and now a rock clips through the floor :( )
  • Show number of items you have on the broker and a total of the number of orders you can place. Example, if I can place 20 orders, and have 12 on the broker, in the corner of the broker window, show 12/20 orders
  • Separate tab for Whispers
  • Separate tab for Guild Chat
  • Just let us create our own chat tabs like most other mmos
  • Spellbooks should probably go into an equipment slot for them, especially once bonuses from book type exist (this will hurt people who are using more than 1 book currently)
  • Timestamps in chat
  • Tell a player if they are processing a resource but they don't have the lores to extract it. For example if you don't have Ironbone lore and butcher a Razorback, it could say "You suspect you could get more out of this with the proper knowledge" or something
  • If you are not in a guild and press O, default to the Friends tab
  • If you only have one pet and press P, default to the active Pet tab
  • Relabel "Thirst" as "Potion Thirst"
  • Add the guild name to the lifebar nameplate
  • Show a cooldown on bandages (I imagine this isn't done because it isn't a skill that is being used, but instead an item that is being used -- if this is the case, maybe add a debuff icon to the player, i.e. can't be bandaged for x seconds)
  • Add resource gathering titles (I need a title for collecting billions of wood plz)
  • Add ability to edit order price without taking order down. Can add a fee to change, if necessary.
  • Add primary action skill to increase carry weight similar to armor training (not sure what the implications of this would be, but sounds convenient)
  • Add alerts that a pet is very hungry before it starts taking damage
  • Add alerts that a pet is low on loyalty and decreasing (edit: or better yet, make it behave a little differently. making more noise etc)
  • When dragging an item over another item, show the tooltip for the destination item (this is for when you try to stack things that have the same icon but they're actually different items and then you just swap their locations, like food)
New items:

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"When someone is typing into chat, where their speaker icon is on their player healthbar frame, add an indicator, such as "..." to show that they are typing (this will help with people who try to talk to people with voice, but don't realize the person is replying in local, which happens to me multiple times a day when I can't play with my mic on) "

My boy been clamoring for this for awhile. PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE OF THIS lol.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The only suggestion I have something against is a carry weight skill.

Racial pick/clades, strength and con is and should be the arbiter of deciding how much you can carry. If they added a skill to do this. They would have to make the skill being maxed be something like 125% of current. Which means everyone will have worse carry capacity without it. We can already carry too much.

An oghmir strength+con character with the carry clade can carry 5-7 times as much as i can carry on my mage

Reactions: Rynnik

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
The only suggestion I have something against is a carry weight skill.

Racial pick/clades, strength and con is and should be the arbiter of deciding how much you can carry. If they added a skill to do this. They would have to make the skill being maxed be something like 125% of current. Which means everyone will have worse carry capacity without it. We can already carry too much.

An oghmir strength+con character with the carry clade can carry 5-7 times as much as i can carry on my mage

Yeah, I could see it being a bad idea -- kinda just slapped it in there really, tbh.

Reactions: bbihah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i would like SV to add the following massage, if someone want to place a house. press... to rise the building and ... for lower building. Many people does not seems to know that you can rise buildings, when i see how many buildings have grass or a stone on the ground !

Reactions: Wyndorn

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Another idea I had, bumping this thread with it:

Add placeable house walls where the wall is off set from the center line of placement.

When you place a wall now, and you rotate it 180, it doesn't make a difference. Add some walls where the wall would be offset from the center line -- so it would have the wall be like, say 6 inches from the left of the center line, and if you rotate the wall 180 degrees, it would be 6 inches from the center line the other way. Doing this would make it so you can actually make corners or line walls up much better than the current walls.

Exfaust

Feb 7, 2022
Actually really thoughtful overall and I think the vast majority of these would alleviate a lot of gripes in general.

Reactions: Wyndorn

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Here are a bunch of random QoL and other ideas I've had:

• Start new characters with 50 Resting - downtime for new players, especially those not used to more hardcore mmos, is too high, in the very beginning.
  • Add total weight to pet bags, i.e. 550/600kg
  • Add description of the spell to the spell scroll, including the skill level change of the spell.
  • On the skills list, add an indicator if it is primary or secondary, without having to click on it to see the extra info
  • On the skills list, add an indicator for the lock/+/- status on the list, without having to click on it
  • When someone is typing into chat, where their speaker icon is on their player healthbar frame, add an indicator, such as "..." to show that they are typing (this will help with people who try to talk to people with voice, but don't realize the person is replying in local, which happens to me multiple times a day when I can't play with my mic on)
  • Add bulletin boards or something to houses, so people can leave you messages
  • Add a confirmation for when picking up a house item
  • Give GMs tools to increase house height (mine got lowered with a patch and now a rock clips through the floor :( )
  • Show number of items you have on the broker and a total of the number of orders you can place. Example, if I can place 20 orders, and have 12 on the broker, in the corner of the broker window, show 12/20 orders
  • Separate tab for Whispers
  • Separate tab for Guild Chat
  • Just let us create our own chat tabs like most other mmos
  • Spellbooks should probably go into an equipment slot for them, especially once bonuses from book type exist (this will hurt people who are using more than 1 book currently)
  • Timestamps in chat
  • Tell a player if they are processing a resource but they don't have the lores to extract it. For example if you don't have Ironbone lore and butcher a Razorback, it could say "You suspect you could get more out of this with the proper knowledge" or something
  • If you are not in a guild and press O, default to the Friends tab
  • If you only have one pet and press P, default to the active Pet tab
  • Relabel "Thirst" as "Potion Thirst"
  • Add the guild name to the lifebar nameplate
  • Show a cooldown on bandages (I imagine this isn't done because it isn't a skill that is being used, but instead an item that is being used -- if this is the case, maybe add a debuff icon to the player, i.e. can't be bandaged for x seconds)
  • Add resource gathering titles (I need a title for collecting billions of wood plz)
  • Add ability to edit order price without taking order down. Can add a fee to change, if necessary.
  • Add primary action skill to increase carry weight similar to armor training (not sure what the implications of this would be, but sounds convenient)
  • Add alerts that a pet is very hungry before it starts taking damage
  • Add alerts that a pet is low on loyalty and decreasing
  • When dragging an item over another item, show the tooltip for the destination item (this is for when you try to stack things that have the same icon but they're actually different items and then you just swap their locations)
New items:
Total weight thing, is subject to change with breeding. Horses and mounts in general in MO1 had stats. Strength, Constitution, Dex, Int, and PSY. A horse with 550 strength could only carry 550kg of stuff this included equipment. But a horse like the Jutton had a 800str which meant it could easily carry 8 stacks or 800kg. And the Molva was VERY impressive with an average of 1300str which meant 1300kg!!!!

As for the Kenzorth suggestion... You dont want that if you have a bridle in the horses mouth. There was a graze command in MO1 where if you were off your mount you could tell it to graze and it would eat whatever it found in the area. it wouldnt lower its hunger but it would keep it from going up.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Total weight thing, is subject to change with breeding. Horses and mounts in general in MO1 had stats. Strength, Constitution, Dex, Int, and PSY. A horse with 550 strength could only carry 550kg of stuff this included equipment. But a horse like the Jutton had a 800str which meant it could easily carry 8 stacks or 800kg. And the Molva was VERY impressive with an average of 1300str which meant 1300kg!!!!

As for the Kenzorth suggestion... You dont want that if you have a bridle in the horses mouth. There was a graze command in MO1 where if you were off your mount you could tell it to graze and it would eat whatever it found in the area. it wouldnt lower its hunger but it would keep it from going up.
Interesting info -- thanks!

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
Plus, please make it where you can have a solid black background behind windows with text. It is hard to read when the background is not solid most times.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Bumping, some updates to the original post. Most of these would still be amazing to have!