Wounded ai should suffer movement speed penelty.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Just throwing out a suggestion that there should be some sort of mechanic to snare an ai by wounding it in melee combat. Right now it is extremely difficult to finish off some animal types like bears or sometimes bandits with melee when they skip mercy mode and just flee at low hp. Without archery it's about impossible. A bandit at 1 hp shouldn't be running at Mach 5 speed, he should be limping.

Animals also flee way too fast.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Oh yes indeedy, I completely agree... especially those bloody Springbok! You have to do what I suppose people did on hunting trips and trap them in a dead end or against a steep slope and shoot them. I can 3-shot them, but only because they're trapped. If I get one arrow in them and they get past me it's "Afterburner to the max!" and one second later they're enjoying lunch on another continent. :D

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Oh yes indeedy, I completely agree... especially those bloody Springbok! You have to do what I suppose people did on hunting trips and trap them in a dead end or against a steep slope and shoot them. I can 3-shot them, but only because they're trapped. If I get one arrow in them and they get past me it's "Afterburner to the max!" and one second later they're enjoying lunch on another continent. :D

They also can go up and down very steep cliffs that a player would slide down and fall to their death. Spiderspringbok. Like the one near fab tower dungeon.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
What really narks me, in addition to everything else, is killing one you think you can juuust reach to loot... and it's a yard too far up the slope. :(

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Henrik has already said this is going to be added. At least the fact that NPCs will not be able to run mach 5 when 1 hit, not so sure about a 'snare' mechanic.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Another thing to add would be having a variable stamina bar depending on the mob, so that they cannot endlessly chase you once aggro'd if you're on foot.

With no leashing or Stam mechanic animals will chase you forever. I do think most animals should be faster then players as it currently is but them following you forever is kinda old. Had a wolf chase me on horseback from meduli to gates of tindrem almost.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Veela veela basically 0 chance of chasing a springbok that's 1 hit away from death