Worth it to still buy beta access ?

Arundo

Feb 18, 2021
Hi all,

I just found out about this game, no clue why i missed it as I always look for new MMOs.
Anyway I want to try it out but I read the game is being released in March, is it still worth it to buy the beta access and is the march release still valid ?

Thanks !

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
There may be some free keys floating around still. They tend to send out batches of them to people who own a copy already. If you can get your hands on one I'd suggest doing that and seeing how you like the game. If you can't, I'd watch some videos at least before making the purchase decision.

March release is still valid as far as I'm aware. As to why you missed it. I only didn't miss it because I get MO notifications on Steam. I think they are waiting until the game is in a more refined state to advertise it.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Buying beta access will grant you access now and on launch day, so either way you're getting the full experience sooner or later.

So far, the game is on schedule for a March launch, hopefully they polish up the game over the next 2-3 weeks just in time before the doors open.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, March, if at all, will be persistent / Early Access, not classic release. But I do hope they don't do any of that before before most of the "core" features are in and in a good state.

I guess it comes down to the price difference between the current buy in price and the later buy in price.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Early access, full release. The moment my character and wealth is persistent it's the real deal IMO.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, not really, but that's what public perception will be. And it's one of the problems with their approach, because to most people it's essentially a release missing a lot of features.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think there is merit in treating them the same. Part of the appeal of joining a new MMO is getting in at the ground floor. Starting when everyone has nothing and taking part in the rush to build something.

"Full-release" on a game that has been persistent for months or years is missing all the appeal of a release day to me.

I get that there is a difference between a "early access" and "full release". But to me, early access is much more real of a deal. I expect a freshly released game to be buggy anyhow. "Full release" is about as big of a deal as a big patch/expansion from my perspective.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Game is cheaper to buy via donation in $ than wait for Steam release. Realizing this was my biggest motivation to buy early lol.
This pretty much. Basic package is game + 1 month for 40$ which is basically getting the game for 25$. Hard to go wrong.

having said that, the game is in a very unfinished state. Like very very unfinished. I actually hope they wait even longer for launch cause som of the stuff is frighteningly unpolished. Like invisible wall in middle of the map type stuff....So yea be warned. If you do buy expect a very alpha experience at this point.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I have bought 2 month sub - but cant access the client to download. I have a key but cant get into the game.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
You bought 2 months of subscription for what? Mortal Online or Mortal Online 2? Also just the subscription won't get you far.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
You bought 2 months of subscription for what? Mortal Online or Mortal Online 2? Also just the subscription won't get you far.
Mortal 2 ... to get early access... I followed instructions and have a steam key but it says to download i have to click play on steam however there is no play button.

Priamus

Dec 17, 2020
Sweden
You have to go to the top menu in steam below the "Games" section, then choose "Activate a product in Steam".

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
You have to go to the top menu in steam below the "Games" section, then choose "Activate a product in Steam".

Thank you all done.. !

One last question i thought magic was coming out end of FEB .. is the second feb patch late or can I now play mage or such like. ?

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Magic patch hit live about 10 minutes ago. :D
Althrough Servers are most likely still starting up.
Ty again - Is there a guide at all on how to set up your char - each character type description is in Lorum lipsum latin place filler.