Wolf eats sheep, wolf eats wolf. Game dies.

Helix

May 28, 2020
What kind of mechanics will be in place to prevent the inevitable fate these games seem to suffer from. Once the sheep have been culled, the wolves will turn on each other.

Once there is fewer wolves to feed off the game usually eventually dies.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Guards and save zones everywhere. What kind of answer do you expect?

I think wolfs turning on sheeps is unavoidable in that kind of a game.

PVE needs to be fun. That way people stay interested also in case there is in a certain time(zone) no PVP action. This then results in more players online at the same time, and also more PVP.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What kind of mechanics will be in place to prevent the inevitable fate these games seem to suffer from. Once the sheep have been culled, the wolves will turn on each other.

Once there is fewer wolves to feed off the game usually eventually dies.
Really we'll just have to leave it to the devs to see if they can create a balanced system. Maybe the Tindremic Empire will pay you to kill wanteds. There should be a monetary incentive to play blue. Hopefully something that can't be abused.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Really we'll just have to leave it to the devs to see if they can create a balanced system.
Henrik has already suggested a solution in his Rolufe with interview. PvE focused players can convert the materials and capital they make farming into NPC guards which should fend off the "wolves." This creates a balanced dynamic where hardcore PvPers can kill PvErs, though are discouraged or even thwarted ocassionally by the NPC guards.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Henrik has already suggested a solution in his Rolufe with interview. PvE focused players can convert the materials and capital they make farming into NPC guards which should fend off the "wolves." This creates a balanced dynamic where hardcore PvPers can kill PvErs, though are discouraged or even thwarted ocassionally by the NPC guards.
Ah, yes. Thank you

Rhias

May 28, 2020

I don't think Helix was talking about base building but more about the "open world".
Henrik stated clearly that he dislikes the walling off resources in MO1 to farm in "savezones".

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I don't think Helix was talking about base building but more about the "open world".
Henrik stated clearly that he dislikes the walling off resources in MO1 to farm in "savezones".
There won't be a need for walls with Henrik's new and improved guard AI with increased affordability!

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Since flagging going to be local that might encourage citizens of npc towns to defend their land and not kill ppl in their home turf.

But honestly with Haven the sheeps dont have any excuse to cry about dying, its their choice to leave the island.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Since flagging going to be local that might encourage citizens of npc towns to defend their land and not kill ppl in their home turf.
In MO1 we had already those Militias, e.g. the Bakti Militia. They were defending their region, regardless of local or global flagging.

In MO1 I was already hardly motivated to walk from Bakti to Tindrem for PVP. Do you really think people in MO2 will be motivated to travel 4x the distance, just to get out of the regional flagging?
Would be nice if it works, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Kavu

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
In MO1 we had already those Militias, e.g. the Bakti Militia. They were defending their region, regardless of local or global flagging.

In MO1 I was already hardly motivated to walk from Bakti to Tindrem for PVP. Do you really think people in MO2 will be motivated to travel 4x the distance, just to get out of the regional flagging?
The Bakti militia?

You mean

Free loot

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Well keep in mind that you only have 1 char in MO2 so if you go red and live in a npc town your kinda fucked. Even with 2 chars it would be somewhat annoying.

Also not sure Henrik has said anything about grey zones but if they exist you wouldnt need to travel that far to find pvp.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
The Bakti militia?

You mean

Free loot
You shouldnt underestimate the people with the patience to farm in the jungle like that dunk.

When fighting town militias its a bit of a roulette game. Most people are blank chambers in the wheel but then theres the 1 campadon kissing speed addict who only speaks in parries and weakspots who will catch you off guard when he stops staring at his feet and locks onto you.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
Well keep in mind that you only have 1 char in MO2 so if you go red and live in a npc town your kinda fucked. Even with 2 chars it would be somewhat annoying.

If the regions are big enough this may encourage players to only kill in other regions and defend their own.. but if the regions are too small (or change too often and reset your character flag) this would probably have no effect. Furthermore, if it really easy to set up a life outside the NPC cities this regional-flagging system will probably have no effect at all.