Will servers be upgraded?

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
I am invested and a believer in the vision. So used to people trashing the game because of choices devs have made that fly in the face of established design choices most devs adhere to because they lack vision. I find it incredibly frustrating because it’s clear to me at least that though devs aren’t perfect, their prime motivation is to realize a differentiated vision. That is exceedingly rare these days and I am grateful that this team has toiled for years with little resources to try, at tremendous risk, to offer the community something something different. And they are rewarded for their efforts at innovation by people assuming that because they have veered in so many ways from the norm that it must be a cash grab. I think it’s so important for the community that understands and believes in the vision to respectfully try and educate the uneducated. The company has an uphill climb in getting its medsage out and understood and needs all the help it can get in explaining the vision and the rationale for the maverick choices that compose it

apologies for rant but I am genuinely upset by how misunderstood this dev team is

Did you get paid to say anything else or was that it?

Swann

Jun 17, 2020
Did you get paid to say anything else or was that it?
No. I just made the effort to hear devs out and formed my own opinion. You might want to try that approach instead of hating and trolling for the sake of it. It’s people like you, not the game or devs choices (though they are not perfect by any means), that make this such an uphill climb and in so doing are responsible for the status quo of adhering to established mechanics, lack of vision, and little risk taking- all of which results in least common denominator games that don’t advance the industry, leaving most complaining about an industry characterized by generic games lacking vision. You reap what you sow.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
No. I just made the effort to hear devs out and formed my own opinion. You might want to try that approach instead of hating and trolling for the sake of it. It’s people like you, not the game or devs choices (though they are not perfect by any means), that make this such an uphill climb and in so doing are responsible for the status quo of adhering to established mechanics, lack of vision, and little risk taking- all of which results in least common denominator games that don’t advance the industry, leaving most complaining about an industry characterized by generic games lacking vision. You reap what you sow.

The game sucks and from what I've seen the first one failed majorly, not sure what you've seen that inspired such an opinion.

Hating and trolling for the sake of it. Aren't the developers charging forty dollars for this game plus a sub fee on top of that for one character? No you're totally right, I should see it from their perspective of how they favor watering down mechanics to be more inclusive even though what I just said drives those types of people away.

If anything the developers troll their own community and people that say things like you do either are ignorant or simply do not care about glaring problems.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
The game sucks and from what I've seen the first one failed majorly, not sure what you've seen that inspired such an opinion.

Hating and trolling for the sake of it. Aren't the developers charging forty dollars for this game plus a sub fee on top of that for one character? No you're totally right, I should see it from their perspective of how they favor watering down mechanics to be more inclusive even though what I just said drives those types of people away.

If anything the developers troll their own community and people that say things like you do either are ignorant or simply do not care about glaring problems.

Sorry to hear the game isn't for you (though it obviously is for some of us who'd be happy to pay a sub for a game like this which isn't available anywhere else), hope you can find a game that is more to your liking!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Sorry to hear the game isn't for you (though it obviously is for some of us who'd be happy to pay a sub for a game like this which isn't available anywhere else), hope you can find a game that is more to your liking!
Worst way to actively ruin your game. Just like them woke celebrities touting "this movie isnt for you" then have the audacity to complain when all the yous dont buy and play the game making the game lose money...
LeArN fRoM mIsTaKeS...

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor

I can't help that you guys blindly follow an idea that didn't work previously and I'm just calling it out as I see it.

Taking your frustrations out on me is really strange and assures me even more on my stance. A lot of people in this community want the game to be good, but then you have those who just want it to be for them and if anyone ever says anything remotely suggesting that it's a flawed design you're all of the sudden a troll or just hating on something for no reason.

When you can articulate something that actually holds weight and makes me reconsider my thoughts I'll change my mind, but until then being sarcastic only wastes your time and makes others realize you lack the ability to communicate.

Lurifax

Dec 6, 2021
I'm just curious if the developers have brought up anything about upgrading their servers on this game.

I've been playing in Bakti and when it just released onto steam there was influx of players and Bakti was close to unplayable in terms of lag.

About 30-40 players in the graveyard or around and my screen is stuttering all over the place. It's not my PC...

I just keep hearing on release there will be at least 10k players online. In what world will that be playable...? Been struggling to get leather from pigs from just this small influx of players.

Again, just curious if devs are upgrading in the future because it looks a little rough...thanks! <3
If you are having bad FPS "stuttering" then that is about your PC not the server.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah last patch been very rough on performance. The FPS has been high but it hitches when new things are loading in. Probably due to the vram changes.
But also server has been dying hard.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Worst way to actively ruin your game. Just like them woke celebrities touting "this movie isnt for you" then have the audacity to complain when all the yous dont buy and play the game making the game lose money...
LeArN fRoM mIsTaKeS...

"The game sucks and from what I've seen the first one failed majorly," - Are you saying I should try to convince him the game is good? If someone comes in skeptical of the game or is pointing out areas it can improve, I'll talk, but if I enjoy it and someone says, "It's dogshit" what else can I say except "let's agree to disagree"?

That's not forcing people out, it's simply stating that we're probably not going to see eye to eye, and I remain confused as to why someone that thinks a game is dogshit is still posting on the forums, unless they really don't and are just frustrated or want to see it improved, in which case seems like they could do with some help communicating effectively.

EDIT: Who is more likely to drive people away, me telling people who hate the game they're allowed to hate it without arguing with them, or when a new player comes in and goes, "I'm really excited about this game!" people go, "Are you paid by the company to say that? This game sucks and you're a shill for liking it."

It's like standing outside a new movie people are lined up and excited to see and someone in line is screaming at people that the movie is crap and to go home, then if people say the person is free to leave if he doesn't like the movie he goes, "way to turn away a paying movie-goer, you're gonna have empty theaters."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Piet

May 28, 2020
It's just Bakti, there's tons of node lines running through it. It's a bad spot.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
"The game sucks and from what I've seen the first one failed majorly," - Are you saying I should try to convince him the game is good? If someone comes in skeptical of the game or is pointing out areas it can improve, I'll talk, but if I enjoy it and someone says, "It's dogshit" what else can I say except "let's agree to disagree"?

That's not forcing people out, it's simply stating that we're probably not going to see eye to eye, and I remain confused as to why someone that thinks a game is dogshit is still posting on the forums, unless they really don't and are just frustrated or want to see it improved, in which case seems like they could do with some help communicating effectively.

EDIT: Who is more likely to drive people away, me telling people who hate the game they're allowed to hate it without arguing with them, or when a new player comes in and goes, "I'm really excited about this game!" people go, "Are you paid by the company to say that? This game sucks and you're a shill for liking it."

It's like standing outside a new movie people are lined up and excited to see and someone in line is screaming at people that the movie is crap and to go home, then if people say the person is free to leave if he doesn't like the movie he goes, "way to turn away a paying movie-goer, you're gonna have empty theaters."
If someone reads up on the game and says "hey, thats a game i want to play" then boots up MO2 and realizes its 100% not what it was advertized as. When blind fanbois then starts shouting "this game isnt for you even though SV advertizes it as what you want out of a game" or "lets agree to disagree" when the player was 100% right in thinking this game was for him but through manipulative and straight up lying tactics the game isnt what its advertized as, thats not right in my eyes. But sure you are free to do as you please, no matter how wrong you are.

Cause lets face it all them blind fanbois are the ones who want a different game then what MO2 was supposed to be and still advertized to be. Thats why slowly but surely MO2 is doing the exact same mistakes MO made and that was slowly going away from what it was envisioned to become.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
until then being sarcastic only wastes your time and makes others realize you lack the ability to communicate.

I just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. If you think the game is inherently flawed in its core deign, then I don't know what to say. Obviously Star Vault isn't going to go back and re-do the foundation of the game at this point.

If you think "the game sucks" 2 months prior to release, then yes, I'm sad to say you may not enjoy it come release, and no amount of tweaking they do around the edges would change that.

I am not saying "the game isn't for you" (I also strongly dislike when people dismiss arguments that way). I don't know what you want or exactly who it's for. But my statement of "If you strongly dislike the core design of the game, then it's probably best to find another one" is just practical advice, as that core design is unlikely to change.

The game is "Mostly Positive", over 70% positive reviews from new Steam buyers on steam, even in its unpolished pre-release beta, there appear to be plenty of people to like the core design/concept.

I'm actually (even though it may not seem like it), trying to avoid speaking in absolutes, because that is what leads to "this game isn't for you". If you were enumerating specific things to discuss, we'd have a discussion, but generalities about the game sucking aren't going to lead to fruitful discussion.

I generally like the game (and think the clearly communicated vision that the team has been delivering on is really the only chance I see out there for a game like this), that it has areas to improve but generally think the things they are focusing on are positive things (improving new player experience, adding content/thing to do and polishing bugs). If you listen to Henrik in his streams and are just like, "90% of this will make the game worse", but then expressing your dismay is warranted, but at a certain point if the rest of the community and people coming in think those changes are positive, it's just an uphill battle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Acebane

Feb 28, 2021
What I want to know from all the MO1 vets who believe MO2 is garbage is this:

What can MO2 do to be the game you want it to be? I ask this genuinely intrigued and interested as to hear what your thoughts/ideas are about it. There's a lot of conjecture around It's bad because this, or it's bad because that. But what are the solutions to the issues that make it bad?

I'd like to see your individual threads as letters to Starvault in which you lay it out, point for point, what needs to be changed and why. Admittedly, I know none of us are paid by Starvault and thus the time it takes to do this isn't short. But all the effort and time spent on the forums claiming the game sucks could easily be put toward a somewhat constructive criticism.

I acknowledge that Starvault may not act or even consider your suggestions to fix the game but who knows? Maybe enough of the Vets voicing their concern on certain features will cause a change? I guess I'm a delusional optimist for thinking this way but I do think it's a positive for the community that MO1 Vets speak out with solutions rather than the alternative. MO Vets have a perception that could really improve the game, something new players may not. You guys are a valued part of this community as you make up the majority of the player base. Help solve the issues so we can have a very successful MMORPG that we can all enjoy.

Not to mention, taking the wind out of a new player's sail (They're excited about game but Vet sees only the bad) is probably not going to help population retention either.

And regards to the Original Post: I hope they upgrade the servers as I'm concerned about how it'll perform if the game was very successful (Saw a couple videos from 400 player stress test in a single location, was rough). I think that's a natural progression though - Have mediocre servers, see there's a large player base and you got more funding from it ---> Now you invest in better servers to handle the playerbase.

Last edited: