Will MO2 finally get Ships?

xzxDJxzx

Sep 26, 2020
I always wanted to see Ships in MO1, however due to the engine i think they were unable to add them.

However with the graphics looking so amazing! I would love to see the huge potential of MO2's engine and Seb the dev implement ships to the game!

It would be huge content and even a chance to release an expansion pack for Mortal Online to attract more players to the game after launch!

Very exciting times ahead!

Thanks to the devs for making MO2!

Reactions: Rorry

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
From some information in the MO1 forum: There will be a water continent (in the far future...) with lots of islands and even with underwater areas. Probably ships will come together with this continent.

Reactions: Aesorn

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I dont remember from where i heard this. I thought it was on the Q&A i had with Henrik but i cant find anything among the timestamps.

Pretty sure Henrik told me that they will focus on boats first thing after release but, take this with a little salt since atm i dont remember if it was Henrik that told me, or when i heard this.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
They changed the way swimming works in MO because of water based changes that where supposed to be in the works.

We never did see such changes but It does suggest that they was working towards such things.

With just 3 months left until the planned release though, I see the game still lacking a lot of basic features.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Hopefully we do get some underwater content in initial release, too. All it would take over MO1 to be vastly better would be;

Much deeper areas with exclusive resource to that area, think underwater plants for gathering(food,alchemy related), maybe mining node for precious gems or metals that have a niche use, underwater mobs. Which would require combat to work much better than it did in MO1.
Possibly items that make underwater treks easier or less risky, could be potions that increase breath time, armor that increases swim speed(at cost of walking speed, Flippers!), Heck. Make beaches more realistic and content on the seabed more rich and you could weigh yourself down with armor or inventory and walk down to extreme depths and then back up again.

Being able to actually walk out of water where the ground is a small gradient slope(like a beach) would be much better rather than how it is in MO1, where you get sucked in like a blackhole if you barely touch water while carrying too much and then unable to get out from even knee high water.

I mean we did have some plants in mo1 that were underwater, but nothing that really required more than just simply getting in the water while not carrying anything. And I know of some healing recipes for potions that required these plants. So MO1 WAS heading the right way on that part, but as many other things in MO1, it never did.

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
from the FAQS

Q: There will be boats?

A: Yes we always wanted to add ships in Mortal Online, but we never got that far, since the demand has been growing a lot for this feature we will do our best to get it up and running as as soon as possible, especially since one continent is completely under water which relies on swimming skills, gear and ships to reach.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Better be!!!

My personal suggestions on what they could do!