Will lumins be forced on?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Wasn't impressed with the demo, the lighting looks worse then what we have now for visibility. The UE4 model shown had no shadows and looked somehow worse then my min settings outside of the anti-aliasing. I wish I could turn off shadows.

Im now worried that this is going to be another forced graphics choices hurting the player experience just like with shadows being forced on for no real reason other then non PvPers would complain about wrong but perceived advantages.

Lumins is supposed to fix the current 1 year long issues with lighting that didn't exist in mid to early beta before eyeadaption plugin was added to the game. But it looks like its making all the issues that eyeadaption brings to the game worse. So will it be forceds on like eyeadaption and shadows are now? Or will we finally be able to have normal game lighting that doesnt give people headaches and burn out their monitors?

Lumins is just fluff that makes the game play worse and ruins player experience, nanites is what is really important to UE5 because its supposed to increase performance which this game desperately needs as low fps lowers your melee damage and bad fps will cause hit reg issues.

Reactions: Nudisto
D

Deleted member 44

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The new UE5 lightning looks awful. Shadows are even darker. Now gonna have to crank gamma even higher to be able to see swings properly, in a game where the main skill is hiding animations... Its like Henrique doesnt even play his own game

And no doubt its all gonna be forced on just like shadows, so it can look pretty on screenshots and gameplay videos, meanwhile the average player is gonna need a new 4xxx Ti GTX card to play properly. Then they wonder why the game keeps losing players...

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah new UE5 lighting does look awefull. Its something that only screen shot enjoyers would like. People who actually have to experience the lighting in game hate it so much and they are making it worse.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The new UE5 lightning looks awful. Shadows are even darker. Now gonna have to crank gamma even higher to be able to see swings properly, in a game where the main skill is hiding animations... Its like Henrique doesnt even play his own game

And no doubt its all gonna be forced on just like shadows, so it can look pretty on screenshots and gameplay videos, meanwhile the average player is gonna need a new 4xxx Ti GTX card to play properly. Then they wonder why the game keeps losing players...

I'll never understand the lighting in this game. I can only play with a filter that evens out the shadows and lights and lets me see at night. It's so dumb, and they don't let you edit it because they think it's cheating or something stupid but anyone can easily add filters to see in the dark anyways

Nov 29, 2020
If any of you have issues with the low lighting because there is more light and shadow effects now, then I would suggest to download "Geforce Experience". It's free and you get the ability to record the last minutes of your gameplay to replay recorded footage pvp, bugs, etc., and most important, apply ingame visual filters that will increase gamma, detail, exposure, etc. and there's also a filter for the colour blind!

I'm excited to see the graphics and lighting system. It really look great from the pics btw.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
You've hit the real issue with the game. The devs do not play it. That is why we still have so much clunk in the inventory interactions, weapon switching and etc...

No way they play the game and didn't see this as an issue.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
devs dont have to deal with all the anti player experience things they put into the game that makes people pull their hair out.

They dont play the game so they dont have to deal with the awefull lighting blinding everyone. And lumins is their excuse for never fixing the broken lighting now. But lumins look like the contrast is worse.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Not like the game's existing lighting is so messed up you need to up tje gamma to blinding levels just to be able to see anything. At first i thought it's tied to my rig but nope, everyone does it.
Wtf purpose does it serve in the "vision".