Why was VOIP disabled?

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Maybe they took a lesson from new world and disabled VOIP until they had a mute function. There was a crazy group called nisa in that game, and they were actual pests because of it. lol

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Either that or they're just trying to narrow down latency/rubber-banding issues. I seem to remember reading somewhere that VOIP was one of their latency variables, but don't quote me. I don't miss the un-mutable smack-talk/jukeboxes though. I'm still advocating a separate volume slider for VOIP.

May 28, 2020
If I recall correctly during stress test the voice server collapsed due to too much stress and it's a cost factor for them, because it runs on a third party network which is probably why they don't want to keep it running now that the capacity is constantly at its limit since they would have to upgrade their plan to get more mileage out of it while not earning sub money.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I mean, It clearly works as it should too, so I guess it doesn't need any testing for a while. So if they end up saving some money till release that's good.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer