Why no red system like UO/Darkfall?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Side note. The biggest ARPK guild has the motto "F*** honor, win." Chaotic-good is a valid alignment. The "honor" guilds in this game are mostly lawful-evil since the main lawful-good group (Wardens) disbanded. In this game being good seems to be the idea they won't kill you if they have no previous interactions, while lawful vs. chaotic. seems to be mostly about how likely they are to give you a 1v1 when 20 of them ride up on you.
This is actually a cool adaptation of the alignment system to MO2. Think i'll adopt it.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
they really need to make murderers red... its not even a set back for murderers other then they cant get in your face and surround you before u know they are murderers

Tzone

May 16, 2021
they really need to make murderers red... its not even a set back for murderers other then they cant get in your face and surround you before u know they are murderers
A lot of the time those players have blues in the group and burnt MCs. You should treat everyone as hostile because most people are.

Like I repeatedly informed people. If you make red names for having over 5 MCs a lot of people who are not criminal players will be griefed out of the game. And you empower those blue griefer alts ability to grief people.

As soon as most blue town players realize that they can kill a player they will. Ive seen so many times that a militia member fighting with the town for hours turned grey by accident and the rest of the town players just killed him outside of town. Mainly because they are just hungry to kill but too scared to go grey.

The problem is not that people dont have red names its that you are punished for defending your self as and people are using their non murder status mixed into groups of murder status players to punish people who defend them selfs first.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
A lot of the time those players have blues in the group and burnt MCs. You should treat everyone as hostile because most people are.

Like I repeatedly informed people. If you make red names for having over 5 MCs a lot of people who are not criminal players will be griefed out of the game. And you empower those blue griefer alts ability to grief people.

As soon as most blue town players realize that they can kill a player they will. Ive seen so many times that a militia member fighting with the town for hours turned grey by accident and the rest of the town players just killed him outside of town. Mainly because they are just hungry to kill but too scared to go grey.

The problem is not that people dont have red names its that you are punished for defending your self as and people are using their non murder status mixed into groups of murder status players to punish people who defend them selfs first.

Nah the problem here is they never should have stayed blue for the murder counts in the first place. thats the issue. they made a choice to murder people. murderers are actually blue and turn red when they murder it wont be an issue anymore. people who are too cowardly to become red wont , thats how it works and if they decide to participate in group ganking they will also turn red. will they be griefed for being red? yea.. but they also have the ability to grief others but people will know they are murderers and run away when they can.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
The first game had the old system and it proved to be flawed as well.

I actually applaud them for attempting to change/improve on the broken system.

I can't honestly say if what they have now is better or worse.

But at least they are making attempt at improving it.

Yeah You might think it was flawed because the player base was so tiny.....
They had an opportunity here with mo2 to make the game thrive but pandering to the weaker pvp minded players who dont want to work for anything or have any penalties for there actions. This has driven away so many players....

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
you cant tell me half the people here would be murderering people and turning red. they wouldnt right now they can murder people in agroup with there friends and go hide in town. im all for red rights however its hard to argue for them if ur fuckin blue.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah You might think it was flawed because the player base was so tiny.....
They had an opportunity here with mo2 to make the game thrive but pandering to the weaker pvp minded players who dont want to work for anything or have any penalties for there actions. This has driven away so many players....

I think the flagging system in the first game proved to be flawed because it often punished those that did not necessarily do anything bad as well as often not punishing the ones that actually did.

For example fighting in normal battles or defending oneself from a group could lead to the defender getting the flag.

Also players that understood the system could use it against newer players that had less understanding.

Sure some of the same can be said in the current system as well. But that does not make the older system any less flawed.

In the first game they had a detailed explanation of how the flagging system actually worked.

I think the players would be better served if we had such details on the current systems as well.

I actually suggested to Henrik before release that they should make such a document for the new system.

He said that they should be able to do that easy enough, but I have not seen anything like that yet.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think the flagging system in the first game proved to be flawed because it often punished those that did not necessarily do anything bad as well as often not punishing the ones that actually did.

For example fighting in normal battles or defending oneself from a group could lead to the defender getting the flag.

Also players that understood the system could use it against newer players that had less understanding.
I feel like the solution to all these was to actually improve that system (mo1's flagging). Not scrap it and make garbage that's also unfinished and bad to replace it.

In the first case it was still notably better than what we have now. Reds could still be hit first with no punishment's. Blues who wanted to hit you was still problematic, but still no worse than currently. And if you decided to hit them first, getting 1 mc as a blue usually wasn't that big a deal.

For the group issue, they needed a proper grouping system that will make people grey along with their red or grey team mates. OR, just have lawless zones so that the fight likely doesnt give mc's anyway. They could easily just make it so that being near a red/grey guild mate makes you grey, or at least go local to anyone they hit.

Current system is also just as abusable to grief nubs. My friend has killed tons of nubs as our blue who needs to be able to bank and craft. He just goes grey and pretends to hit them. Works just as flawlessly as it did in mo1.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I feel like the solution to all these was to actually improve that system (mo1's flagging). Not scrap it and make garbage that's also unfinished and bad to replace it.

In the first case it was still notably better than what we have now. Reds could still be hit first with no punishment's. Blues who wanted to hit you was still problematic, but still no worse than currently. And if you decided to hit them first, getting 1 mc as a blue usually wasn't that big a deal.

For the group issue, they needed a proper grouping system that will make people grey along with their red or grey team mates. OR, just have lawless zones so that the fight likely doesnt give mc's anyway. They could easily just make it so that being near a red/grey guild mate makes you grey, or at least go local to anyone they hit.

Current system is also just as abusable to grief nubs. My friend has killed tons of nubs as our blue who needs to be able to bank and craft. He just goes grey and pretends to hit them. Works just as flawlessly as it did in mo1.

I do not disagree at all.

My main point was that the first system was flawed so SV sticking with it without some kind of change would not have been good.

In no way am I suggesting what we have now is better.

But them willing to try things different is better than them sticking with it broken for years like they did in the first game.

Failure is often the pathway to success.