Why did the game go into early access today on Steam?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
3 is a result of launching EA. They should have known that people who've been playing for a year with the best armor, connections and stats would gang up on new players for fun

Yeah that was one of my concerns about going "pre-order named as EA" right now. Whether people read it as pre-order or as EA, joining an in progress closed beta over a year in, with a super limited population of people who've been accumulating that whole time is not gonna be a welcoming experience for the most part, and then their fears of it just being a PvP gankfest are materialized.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah that was one of my concerns about going "pre-order named as EA" right now. Whether people read it as pre-order or as EA, joining an in progress closed beta over a year in, with a super limited population of people who've been accumulating that whole time is not gonna be a welcoming experience for the most part, and then their fears of it just being a PvP gankfest are materialized.

Yeah I imagine on launch people will have other things they want to do, and care more about their rep so they won't be wasting time banking noobs killing zombies all day. Although the people who did that were dicks. But I saw more than several reviews saying they just got constantly ganked

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I can assure you guys nubs are going to be getting rolled day 1. Not by everyone but plenty of people will be camping spots for their guilds, etc. And people make it sound like the server being a year ish old is a massive deal. A week or 2 after launch and people will be rolling good gear and stuff. If the game has any ability to last long term, it should be able to hold new players that came to the game after the first week. And day 1 new players will still be at a disadvantage vs experienced players who know how to get everything easily. Being a new player is always a disadvantage regardless of how old the server is. Thats normal.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
3 is a result of launching EA. They should have known that people who've been playing for a year with the best armor, connections and stats would gang up on new players for fun

Look.. when I flawless 4 newbies in a 1v4, it's not my gear or my stats that is what made that happen. It's better off to not have a wipe, where veteran players would be forced to compete with every new player for resources and graveyard pvp would be happening all day long.