Why are most Beast Master abilities so utterly useless?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Forst most pets the BM abilties are so fucking useless, I don't even use them. At all.

Example: Terror Bird: The first 2 BM attacks do basically less damage than an average auto hit.
The Terror Brid skill unlocked at Mastery level 1 does ~40% more damage than an average auto hit. Not great, but okay.
Now guess what the Mastery 100 skill does? The next autoatack has increased damage. Maybe 20%? So fucking less than the Mastery level 1 skill! When casting it, it stuns the Terror Bird. So basically you have the choice between not casting a skill and dealing 2 auto hits, or casting the skill and getting only one hit out. So not worth using it.
You could of cause cast it before the pet engages meele... But since it drains 500 focus your next autoattack would do shit damage, because you drop below 500 focus.

Another example:
Clothos Maiden Flinger: It has basically only 1 interesting abilitie: pulling the enemy. I thought nice, you could use it to pull enemy people in groupfights or to try to kill them with fall damage. Now the funfact: The abilities has a "Focus Requirement: 500". This would enable it even when the pet is out of combat to start the engagement. But it also has a "Focus Cost: 700". Why the fucking is the "requirement" lower than the cost, and therefore the abilty is disabled even when the requirement is reached? Now you can only cast it when your pet is already meele engaged. Why the fuck would I use an abilitie that pulls the enemy to the pet, when the fucking pet is already in meele range?
Now you could say "But you can use it to pull back fleeing enemys." Now have you ever tried targeting an enemy that runs away from you while a pet with a hitbox like a church is standing between you, and the enemy you're trying to target?

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Sounds like good I didn't bother to even attempt getting the BM books, knew it was going to be absolutely awful like most stuff they add.

Reactions: Daikos

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Sounds like good I didn't bother to even attempt getting the BM books, knew it was going to be absolutely awful like most stuff they add.
It adds 30% damage bonus to auto attacks. That's the only reason I still have it.

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
BM is shit stopped using it. aslo for each pet for each ability u must use separate botton but u usually need to use 2 abilities - speed and extra dmg so it comes t obloody 6 keyboard keys (3 direwolves) u bloody kidding me??? why dont u implement bloody ALL PETS USE ABILITY #1???

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
BM is just really useless right now for most pets. I got some good abilites on the campodon, but these at least AOE Dmg, so it feels like they do something when you actually hit them. Nevr used anthig else. The stun timer on every ability when your your pet does some animation is making nearly every ability useless. They did not think any of this through at all.