When will clade giftts be done?

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
Little thingd like alvaran_cladegift_Plabneshaper, what is that? Plus see further in dark, is that active yet?

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Next patch? Or with another patch before persistent state.

And the night vision clade gift for Alvarin is working, yes.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Originally they had really dark nights with a blackwall (A wall of darkness you couldn't see beyond even with high gamma) and the nightvision made this slightly brighter an I believe it removed the blackwall. But it really wasn't doing that much and it was still pretty hard to see with nightvision.

Now they have a super bright night everyone can see super easily in. And nightvision makes this environment where it is plenty easy to see slightly brighter.

In both versions, nightvision is nearly useless IMO. I barely notice the difference between playing on Alvarin/Ohg and human.

Personally I think it would be cool to see "low light vision" and "darkvision". Alvarins get low light that allows them to see the way things are now above ground while it reverts back to being darker to everyone else.

Ohgmir get a toggle ability Darkvision, which works everywhere but turns their vision black and white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
My question is what is the Oghmir crafting clade. That will greatly effect whether my crafter is human or Og.

Sauron

Mar 29, 2021
Bright nights is a bad trend I've noticed in modern games.

Looks ugly and not immersive.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Bright nights is a bad trend I've noticed in modern games.

Looks ugly and not immersive.

On practice MO1 had the darkest nights of all the games I have ever played and traveling around with torches was cool.

Issue? People would just logout until night was over :ROFLMAO: and SV actually admited player population would drop on nights.

Also imagine having little playtime available and login during night, well, time to play something else.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
On practice MO1 had the darkest nights of all the games I have ever played and traveling around with torches was cool.

Issue? People would just logout until night was over :ROFLMAO: and SV actually admited player population would drop on nights.

Also imagine having little playtime available and login during night, well, time to play something else.

Yes it's kinda weird they had another shot at extremely dark nights again, knowing what happened in MO1.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yes it's kinda weird they had another shot at extremely dark nights again, knowing what happened in MO1.

I actually kind of hope it does return but it does feel like a very horse weight limit before horse bags the way they went about it.

Things they should have in before they bring it back:
- Torches and lamps of various powers that can hang on the belt instead of always taking up a hand slot. These should take dura damage whenever giving light.
- Magical light sources and spells to deal with darkness
- GOOD nightvision

The thing with the oppressively dark night is a cheap torch that takes a hand slot is insufficient to make such a mechanic palatable. If they have multiple good ways of dealing with it that cost some gold, mana, etc. and then some really solid free solutions for certain clades, that seems fine.

Kovah Temsik

May 3, 2021
Bare minimum they need to allow you to carry a torch in your off-hand before bringing back really dark nights, but honestly much darker than it is now and it would really break the immersion of the game. IDK if you've ever been outside but it's almost never pitch black at night.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
Dungeons are really dark, the torches on the walls seem to not provide enough light, Night vision should allow you to see in places like that better.