When are your fixing the terror bird mounted abuse?

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Presses 4 buttons to kill a player and his horse. Why is this build which has been around for months still in the game?
Having OP no counter very low skill builds like this is actually why a lot of people quit the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Beatel

zers

Aug 4, 2021
SV has no idea what's overpowered and they have banned 95% of the pvpers from the official discord so they have no input.

Foundry

Feb 17, 2022
Never heard someone call taming overpowered before. Do you realize how much effort goes into leveling that build, getting that terror bird, raising that terror bird, leveling it. And all its good for is killing solo's under the perfect conditions.

Not to mention , that bird and a white bear are the only things in the game a tamer can use. Compared to a footie build ,which is extreamly easy spec , and is the primary dominant build in the game and very easy to play.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Never heard someone call taming overpowered before. Do you realize how much effort goes into leveling that build, getting that terror bird, raising that terror bird, leveling it. And all its good for is killing solo's under the perfect conditions.

Not to mention , that bird and a white bear are the only things in the game a tamer can use. Compared to a footie build ,which is extreamly easy spec , and is the primary dominant build in the game and very easy to play.

Yes tamer is over powered, what are you on? Now how much time and effort it takes to get full steel? Mean while you AFK level a pet.

Getting steel or better is not a skill so I dont know why you are equating skill to gear. All you are doing is pressing one button. The other player has to read the unreadable animations of a terror bird which are out of sync, hope the server isnt lagging because the attack are so quick that they will skip frames over the lag, while being able to charge up a swing to hit the bird that has 4 times as much health as the player before dying.

Terror bird mounted is the most broken thing in the game and pretty much uncounterable. Cant even run away from them on horse, cant kill the rider because they are mounted.

Mounted tamer is not supposed to even be a build in the game, we are missing several skills like beast mastering that would be another 100 points to use those busted as can be pets.

If you are saying its not overpowered mean you are in some sort of echochamber because these pets are the most busted things in the game from long before release.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah the game isn't balanced. But saying a tamer is op is like saying wearing full Tungsteel is op... It is because it's expensive and situational. For every one time someone spends 8 hours taming and leveling a terror bird to kill someone there are four times where their pet dies to a bug or gets killed in few seconds by a group of pkers. Just like how a white bear on foot against a melee only character is op. This game is not balanced at all around fair fights

Reactions: Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah the game isn't balanced. But saying a tamer is op is like saying wearing full Tungsteel is op... It is because it's expensive and situational. For every one time someone spends 8 hours taming and leveling a terror bird to kill someone there are four times where their pet dies to a bug or gets killed in few seconds by a group of pkers. Just like how a white bear on foot against a melee only character is op. This game is not balanced at all around fair fights
does full tungsteel play the game for you? Ives seen plenty of players die in steal and tung to a naked with a worn short sword. Never seen a nakeds with a worn short sword win against a tamer.

Geared people who worked much harder on the gear and skills at the game are usually the ones loosing to the pokemon one button press meta.

You shouldnt be so OP that there are not chances to beat you just because you have hard to farm gear on. Thats what kills games. Also pets are not hard, you AFK level the things inside of buildings.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im just asking that you stop allowing people to ride a mount and have a terror bird. Its not supposed to be allowed point wise.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Im just asking that you stop allowing people to ride a mount and have a terror bird. Its not supposed to be allowed point wise.
what do you mean? depending on the levels, you can def do it

Tzone

May 16, 2021
what do you mean? depending on the levels, you can def do it
Beast mastery is not in the game. that is what balances the game breaking pets by requiring more points and commands. Ballance of the game was around not having enough points to be a mounted and have a terror bird able to attack other players. Abusing a broken un emplmented system.

Reactions: tal0s

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Terror birds are busted, but as per SV tradition there will be a long chain of busted pets throughout MO2's life cycle. Until pets have stam bar and the tamer/dominator have to manage pet attacks, there will always be a FOTM pet.

Foundry

Feb 17, 2022

Yes tamer is over powered, what are you on? Now how much time and effort it takes to get full steel? Mean while you AFK level a pet.

Getting steel or better is not a skill so I dont know why you are equating skill to gear. All you are doing is pressing one button. The other player has to read the unreadable animations of a terror bird which are out of sync, hope the server isnt lagging because the attack are so quick that they will skip frames over the lag, while being able to charge up a swing to hit the bird that has 4 times as much health as the player before dying.

Terror bird mounted is the most broken thing in the game and pretty much encounterable. Cant even run away from them on horse, cant kill the rider because they are mounted.

Mounted tamer is not supposed to even be a build in the game, we are missing several skills like beast mastering that would be another 100 points to use those busted as can be pets.

If you are saying its not overpowered mean you are in some sort of echo chamber because these pets are the most busted things in the game from long before release.

Ah yes so overpowered the only real video you could find was from 2021. You would think there would be dozens upon dozens of "Tamer is op" videos yet you could only find the one, and it's pre release in fab amongst a zerg outnumbering their target. WOW guys stop the presses we need to nerf it now LUL.

90% of the player-base is a footie with a two handed sword or a spear. Glitchy animations is meta in melee and spinning. Some players don't wont to engage with that, so the 10% are mages, and an even smaller percentage are tamers. This is just basic observation. How many small and large scale fights do you see tamers in? you would be lucky to see one. What about solo? well you better live in the jungle otherwise you are worthless without a terror bird, and white bears are to rare, easily camped, takes forever to level, and you cant have a powerful white bear and a mount. And the game requires you to be on a mount to do anything because the map is so god damn big. So big, that if you tried to bring a terror bird from the jungle,your literally fighting the game just to do it without losing that tame.

Also on the point of gearing a footie. STOP LMAO. Your not gearing yourself unless your solo, most guys are getting gear handed to them by their dedicated crafters or just flat out buying them. And just like the odds of running into that taming build is 0.00000001% unless you live in the jungle, the same odds you will fight a dude in full tungsteel.

And even if your solo, your more than likely using animal materials for gearing up anyways, which requires very little effort. I would hope with all of the required time and very little viable usage of a tamer, that if one were to invest in it, it should be strong at something. And rolling over solo's who put themselves in dumb positions , who also have never blocked a terror bird before should be a given.

Now that we have established Taming is Suhper oP .I cant wait to see all those videos of tamers killing people now. Oh i cant wait to see the legion of tamers in every fight, oh man ..how will guy #45678 with a two handed sword and plate armor be able to function. Oh my god guys stop the presses. Out of over 30+ different type of tames in the game only 2 are viable. Holy moly. guys its the new meta. TZone broke the news first guys, truly ahead of the curve XD .

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ah yes so overpowered the only real video you could find was from 2021. You would think there would be dozens upon dozens of "Tamer is op" videos yet you could only find the one, and it's pre release in fab amongst a zerg outnumbering their target. WOW guys stop the presses we need to nerf it now LUL.

90% of the player-base is a footie with a two handed sword or a spear. Glitchy animations is meta in melee and spinning. Some players don't wont to engage with that, so the 10% are mages, and an even smaller percentage are tamers. This is just basic observation. How many small and large scale fights do you see tamers in? you would be lucky to see one. What about solo? well you better live in the jungle otherwise you are worthless without a terror bird, and white bears are to rare, easily camped, takes forever to level, and you cant have a powerful white bear and a mount. And the game requires you to be on a mount to do anything because the map is so god damn big. So big, that if you tried to bring a terror bird from the jungle,your literally fighting the game just to do it without losing that tame.

Also on the point of gearing a footie. STOP LMAO. Your not gearing yourself unless your solo, most guys are getting gear handed to them by their dedicated crafters or just flat out buying them. And just like the odds of running into that taming build is 0.00000001% unless you live in the jungle, the same odds you will fight a dude in full tungsteel.

And even if your solo, your more than likely using animal materials for gearing up anyways, which requires very little effort. I would hope with all of the required time and very little viable usage of a tamer, that if one were to invest in it, it should be strong at something. And rolling over solo's who put themselves in dumb positions , who also have never blocked a terror bird before should be a given.

Now that we have established Taming is Suhper oP .I cant wait to see all those videos of tamers killing people now. Oh i cant wait to see the legion of tamers in every fight, oh man ..how will guy #45678 with a two handed sword and plate armor be able to function. Oh my god guys stop the presses. Out of over 30+ different type of tames in the game only 2 are viable. Holy moly. guys its the new meta. TZone broke the news first guys, truly ahead of the curve XD .
sit in a house and afk level a broken one button press no skill no thought process pet. We knew this trash was broken for months, you a blight to the game if you are a tamer and are killing it.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
The MA terrorbird build is absolutely way too strong for how little skill it requires. Set pet to attack and ride around firing arrows.

Say you meet a group of 3 players and 3 tbirds as a similar sized foot group you are going to have a very bad time. Try parrying 3 tbirds at once and you can't parry or block arrows. If you manage to get the Tbirds down before at least 1 person dies you are doing very well. If you survive and kill the Tbirds the mounted players are just going to run off.

What I can't stress enough here is that the skill and co-ordination requirements of the mounted/terrorbird group is nowhere near the skill required to fight them with similar numbers in a different composition. I wouldn't even mind the build being viable if it actually took some skill and effort to play.

Also make no mistake there are guilds in the jungle with equerrys full of high level terrorbirds that they have AFK levelled in their houses.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
you are supposed to have beastmastery to even attack with a terror bird. That cost 100 points. Beast mastery skill also makes the pet not able to leave to farm from your side which means its not chasing down horses half way to render or out running people if you are not also running with the pet. Also cost you loyalty for every command you gave.

There was another skill you needed 100 as well I think it was animal magnetism.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
There was another skill you needed 100 as well I think it was animal magnetism.

Animal magnetism was for Necromancy. I think you mean Beast Influence which increases the distance of the pet to the player when the pet is fighting.

Reactions: Tzone

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
95 health (or less) on the target's horse, of course it died almost instantly.

the real problem is with how little health these horses have. granted, he had a stupidly low lvl horse to begin with, but then again his attacker had a 91 health horse as well (by necessity, not by choice).
if the "victim" had proper time to react he could easily kill the mage's horse and then the terror bird without even dismounting.
and then someone else would have cried how MA is ruining the game. and so on....

to put the OP's mind at rest, there are 2 primaries (beast mastery and beast influence) coming that will certainly nerf the MM+TB play.
also there is one primary coming that will nerf MA as well.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It should not be allowed. It is too overpowered compared to other builds.

it's a joke, but I disagree. I think people should maybe not be able to do MA tho. Taking away a mount is wacckkk in MO2. I DON'T EVEN PLAY and I'd say that. The thing is you only need like 50 Ma to make an impact. 50 ALL, so you save 150 pts that you can throw into terror bird mastery.

It'd be smarter to make them more parry-able. Getting shot sucks but you should be able to hide behind the terror bird, but they seem hard to parry. The reason it's OP is because it goes around the requested but weird design choice of making it so that fights start on mounts and end on the ground. So the whole MA part of the fight is almost not even important (regards to winning.) In this case, it is, and once they get you on the ground, it's just tb bbq.

If it wasn't just pet attack and a wrap, it'd be different. Like if you could 1v1 a terror bird in normal armor. Just gotta make it more parry-able, imo, lol look at me the I HATE PARRY person, but in this case... because you should not be able to put a pet on someone and just know they are dead. That's wick.

Edit: also, you get MA/terrorbird/and heals... GG. Loveit.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
You just need to play smart. I have seen dozens just outplay me and my terrorbird. The tamer either has a weak terrorbird or a weak horse. Can't have both.
As long as you go third speed on mount no pet can reach you. Just shoot the Terrorbird. Or his horse. Whatever is weaker. In both cases he is fucked now. Very easy.
if you are not on a mount and he catches you off guard, you have worse cards. Yet not unwinnable. If he uses his Terrorbird, use it as a shield between yourself and him.
Just Swing at the Bird. No need for block. Needs to die as soon as possible. You can kill it fast with steel weapons.
If you are a mage though. You are fucked.

Ah, and another thing. If you do not have the Zoology for Terrorbirds then you can't compare.
It would be like whining about mages being OP while you are playing a Charakter with no psyche at all.