Whats the real incentive to use lightweight armors in this game?

Drone123

Apr 9, 2022
Other than mana regenration, it seems like the balancing is completely off for armors in this game.

Looking at a full steel plated armor you get the insane 50+ blunt/slash/pierce armor benefit and you loose 4% stamina regeneration? Huh?
So if you pick a light weight armor you get +4% stamina regeneration yet you loose almost 40% of the armor.

Where is the thinking here? I get the reason why they don't want to screw around with speed, if any armor gives you higher movement speed that instantly becomes the new meta and everyone will wear it because speed is king. But in my mind there needs to be more incentive for users to venture out of the full plate and into ligher weight armors that gives less drain on stamina.

In my mind the heaviest armors should at least drain stamina 15-20% faster than a light weight armor, not 4%... am i out of the loop here or do they just simply think everyone should be in a full suit of armor and all the other armors in the game is for cosplay when you're afk in town?

Reactions: Dramonis

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
Personally I dropped heavy armor to fit more points in other skills to try them out. Going 13-15 weight can still get 40-48 in all defenses, and it really comes down to skill and gameplay for the armor to even matter. I dropped even lower to fit taming and magic for my veela high dex foot fighter, and use armor around 30-35 stats for mana regen around 70%. There is wiggle room for lots of things.

Reactions: Rhias and Valoran

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Even if you say this, I see a lot of players in Khurite Splinted. And also a substantial amount of Ranger Armours.

Heavy is good but you are paying an extra 100pts to use it. It uses more material, uses slightly more stamina. Fair enough.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
I think people treat them like throw away armours some protection for pve but in pvp they loose it so why wear full plate..

Then on the other hand everyone seeking pvp seems to be full plate & a mounted archer lol

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Other than mana regenration, it seems like the balancing is completely off for armors in this game.

Looking at a full steel plated armor you get the insane 50+ blunt/slash/pierce armor benefit and you loose 4% stamina regeneration? Huh?
So if you pick a light weight armor you get +4% stamina regeneration yet you loose almost 40% of the armor.

Where is the thinking here? I get the reason why they don't want to screw around with speed, if any armor gives you higher movement speed that instantly becomes the new meta and everyone will wear it because speed is king. But in my mind there needs to be more incentive for users to venture out of the full plate and into ligher weight armors that gives less drain on stamina.

In my mind the heaviest armors should at least drain stamina 15-20% faster than a light weight armor, not 4%... am i out of the loop here or do they just simply think everyone should be in a full suit of armor and all the other armors in the game is for cosplay when you're afk in town?

Heavier armor shouldnt slow you down more.. but it should have a MUCH bigger stamina drain, a real stamina drain. Not this barely there drain we have now. I mean hell at 24kg out of 24kg I am at 97% stamina... lol no.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Personally I dropped heavy armor to fit more points in other skills to try them out. Going 13-15 weight can still get 40-48 in all defenses, and it really comes down to skill and gameplay for the armor to even matter. I dropped even lower to fit taming and magic for my veela high dex foot fighter, and use armor around 30-35 stats for mana regen around 70%. There is wiggle room for lots of things.

I think he's talking about true light armor, not HAT. I mean the incentive is stam/mana and jumping, that's it. If you're an armorer, it saves you pts on the other side, though, you can do light armor (200 pts) and just pick up scales and animats, tex optional. I tried for a long time to get 8-9 wt armor to work. It's a lot better to do incis tho. Kind of like katanas. Ya hate to see it, but it's just hard to really make it work. I don't mind having 40s in prots, tho. It's doable. That 53 pierce tho... pretty nice for the way the game works.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Mages obviously needs 2 or 6 kg armor, so that's gonna be a bonus always.

Past 14 KG armor or whatever, when you start seeing stam decrease, the armor above that level doesn't offer a whole lot more protections. In a lot of situations I would argue that using, like, scale armor at 10-12kg being so much more affordable makes more sense. There are likely not many 1 on 1 (or 1 versus many) fights that 100g in steel armor would save you.

Reactions: Hodo

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Past 14 KG armor or whatever, when you start seeing stam decrease, the armor above that level doesn't offer a whole lot more protections. In a lot of situations I would argue that using, like, scale armor at 10-12kg being so much more affordable makes more sense. There are likely not many 1 on 1 (or 1 versus many) fights that 100g in steel armor would save you.

I am a mage and I'd rather wear a heavy chest piece and nothing else than light armor. Does absolutely nothing

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

to me if you have the pts, incis/x (incis/gf being best cheapie) merc is a good set. If we're talking about the difference between 2 and 6g spent on armor, I think it's worth it if you're taking out a horse and everything else. 53 pierce resist is enough to deter a mounted zerg if you have a long bow haha. Dudes aren't gonna feed you their horses, more than likely, to get the kill, and you have the option of just running away if you don't wanna fight on ground. I suppose some could dismount and pressure you while others fire arrows, but still your chances are v high considering the level of mat investment if survival is your goal, or if just killing two horses or w/e before you die is enough. GF helps make up for getting extra blunted, too.

Maybe cuz I live in Bakti, but we are swimming in those mats. I dunno if I can think of anything I'd rather wear atm cept draco but we don't got draco yet.

Take what I say with a grain of salt cuz y'know the rumors, ha, but I mean I've tried the light weight, I've tried the khurite, even w/ pretty good mats. I really think it's worth it to just wear the plate. Just like I started using heavy horse armor (incis gf as well!), the amount of hits you can take is crazy.

As for making light armor better, I dunno. If there was climbing (same thing I said before about increasing pitch like Lyks could do, except maybe base it out at a standard rate and give a + to lights and a - to heavies) or something, or if swimming had a base level if you were in light armor, it would be cool. I def enjoy wearing light armor, but it's not as fun to get ass blasted. There are so many things I've tried to make work, but there is def a high level of imbalance in terms of wep types/armor types... a lot of combat stuff really. - anime tooth -

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021

Swimming , and mana regain