What was the set up... How did they handle this load?

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022

Just out of curiosity... How were the servers handled at this point in time? Was everyone congregated at one particular node? Or were 40k players spread around Myrland?

Last edited:

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Short answer: The 40k number was a lie.

slightly longer answer: 40k players tested at some point during the stress test, but in reality less than 1 or 2k were online at any given time. This is how they rationalize the 100k/infinite lie. Technically, a billion people can play the game as long as no more than 2k of that billion play at the same time.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Probably is 100k forum accounts registered so obviously the game can handle all those players at once in one node.GGWP!

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
Things didn't start to go sideways until they went to the new server equipment was bought. then it was the unreal engine4 throwing all the errors. What I am wondering about is why they didnt go back to the beta build to just have one issue to deal with.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Haha, I remember that video from some sub on Reddit and people getting angry if anyone didn't believe this 40.000 player thing to be true.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Just out of curiosity... How were the servers handled at this point in time? Was everyone congregated at one particular node? Or were 40k players spread around Myrland?
40 thousand at one point logged on. Does not mean that they logged in at the same time. Like now we have over 88k players that logged in and attempted to play mo2 since launch but the largest number on at one point was just under 10k.

The 100k line comes from that they could instance multiple havens and add more and more to meet that 100k number. Myrland is just over 1k per node with 7 different regional nodes. They added two more nodes to around tinderem meduli area, so they have about 10k cap over all on myrland. But if to many people get in one area then that 1k cap in that region maxes out and causes all the other server/nodes to lag.

So the 100k they said was 8k* myland if everyone spread out evenly and 92k in haven.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas
D

Deleted member 44

Things didn't start to go sideways until they went to the new server equipment was bought. then it was the unreal engine4 throwing all the errors. What I am wondering about is why they didnt go back to the beta build to just have one issue to deal with.
What are you talking about? The servers can't handle the load. They have unreal crashes because they have unreal crashes. One does not equal the other and one does not cause the other.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
High amount of players stretched out across multiple nodes.

Stress test when everyone was in the same area? I think it peaked at just above 1k players.

IF they'd had seen the 2-3k people in one node that we are seeing now then, maybe they'd have had a better chance at getting a release that would have worked, or at least they would have started working on a solution that makes it so 3k+ people aren't choke pointed into the towns, when they would have known the node with said town cant handle it.

But reality is they probably didn't even expect this many people to get the game. They were looking at game purchases pre launch and were looking at those peak numbers x2 most likely and figured it'd be fine. Reality was what seems like more than x2 whatever that number was though.

So when are people done beating a dead horse, really adding nothing new and just making noise? Its not going to get the problems solved faster.

D

Deleted member 44

High amount of players stretched out across multiple nodes.

Stress test when everyone was in the same area? I think it peaked at just above 1k players.

IF they'd had seen the 2-3k people in one node that we are seeing now then, maybe they'd have had a better chance at getting a release that would have worked, or at least they would have started working on a solution that makes it so 3k+ people aren't choke pointed into the towns, when they would have known the node with said town cant handle it.

But reality is they probably didn't even expect this many people to get the game. They were looking at game purchases pre launch and were looking at those peak numbers x2 most likely and figured it'd be fine. Reality was what seems like more than x2 whatever that number was though.

So when are people done beating a dead horse, really adding nothing new and just making noise? Its not going to get the problems solved faster.
The crazy thing is that they bragged about hosting 4K people on a single node but now we most recently went from 2500 server cap to 1500 server cap. I'm not sure what is going on but they sure as shit need to be more transparent. In the US lying/misleading investors is a crime, I'm sure it's illegal in Sweden as well.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The crazy thing is that they bragged about hosting 4K people on a single node but now we most recently went from 2500 server cap to 1500 server cap. I'm not sure what is going on but they sure as shit need to be more transparent. In the US lying/misleading investors is a crime, I'm sure it's illegal in Sweden as well.

Need to prove intent. And they might have seen 4k people on a single node, question is if it worked? Big difference.