What the point of MO2 "reputation" system?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Theres no point, some idiot thought that in 15 minutes of brainstorming they would completly design the law system in the game.

Reactions: Daikos

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Well, you're wrong.

It does reduce mindless PK by having consequence to murder. I have been pked less than what happened in MO1. Its the plain truth. As has been repeated a million times: Mortal Online is a MMORPG, not a mindless hack and slash.
No, nothing you say it's true. If you knew anything you wouldn't be saying such a stupid thing dude.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well, you're wrong.

It does reduce mindless PK by having consequence to murder. I have been pked less than what happened in MO1. Its the plain truth. As has been repeated a million times: Mortal Online is a MMORPG, not a mindless hack and slash.
no it doesnt, just forced people to go full murder hobo.

With people who are actually playing the game the rep system does not stop noobs from being farmed and it prevents casuals from PvPing.

Not one of either side of the rep system likes the rep system. Its trash and does not achieve anything.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Rep system is ass and very incomplete. It had the potential to be an epic faction system, promoting conflict, and promoting not harming your fellow faction members. Sadly they left it as shit, where its jsut as bad and abusable as MO1's flagging. Adding its own issues and fixing a couple things.

The only thing it does well is stop mount killing, and loot stealing from duels in town. Because you just lose standing.

just like MO,1 its the once you go red you never go back logic. If your standing is bad, theres no more consequence for killing, so you might aswell KOS everyone you see.

Reactions: Dracu and Xunila

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Well, you're wrong.

"empirical evidence" Eh?
Well I do believe you get PKed less. Fine...but it could be for number of reasons like you become better player, less population etc.
As for "consequence to murder" Sure there are some consequences but so insignificant at best and IMHO counterproductive.
Here is my "empirical evidence":
When I go with group or solo out of town first thing is to enable criminal actions.
Not because we are going for RPKing but because RPK party would be mostly "blue". You either fight without regard for murder count or be a loser.
In the end system could punish "order" players more then RPKs and in fact provoke players to disregard any reputation

Reactions: Kaquenqos

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well, you're wrong.

It's actually pop shift. Fewer people who PK. Maybe it does deter people in a theoretical way, but my rep is good. The whole 'longer grey' is funny, too, but it makes fighting away from town more sensible. In a strange way, that probably has more effect on people PKing around town haha. I fight people in the wild cuz I already know it's gonna be a long ride back, plenty of time to lose my flag. And I've not been attacked as a grey by someone other than an ally of the person I am attacking. There aren't many... justicars, at least that I've seen.

Everyone is just farming.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
"empirical evidence" Eh?
Well I do believe you get PKed less. Fine...but it could be for number of reasons like you become better player, less population etc.
As for "consequence to murder" Sure there are some consequences but so insignificant at best and IMHO counterproductive.
Here is my "empirical evidence":
When I go with group or solo out of town first thing is to enable criminal actions.
Not because we are going for RPKing but because RPK party would be mostly "blue". You either fight without regard for murder count or be a loser.
In the end system could punish "order" players more then RPKs and in fact provoke players to disregard any reputation
People killed more because there was no longer a limiting factor once you webt perma red and parcels so bad for a game loop people stop doing them and just go perma red.

Im a first hand source and I stating 2nd hand from others I play with.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Honestly, atm the Rep/MC system is kind of shitty for RPKers(punished w/ no broker & long rez walks for their desired playstyle) and non-RPKers(no benefit for their desired playstyle because blue-flag is meaningless) alike. The only people it benefits is the people that want to abuse the convoluted flag system while running parcels & watching MC timer, which consequently, is a lot of the player-base. It creates an uncomfortable situation where the blue flag actually means absolutely nothing, and, like you say, you can really expect most RPK groups to contain a large amount of blues.

The only argument you can make for the current system, imo, is that it's a place-holder and functionally will be better when fleshed out... Then the question is, why don't they finish implementing this absolutely crucial mechanic instead of giving us new magic/dungeons? Even just making rep numbers bigger & losses scale depending on the MC count of the people being killed would be a huge step up from what we have currently. That way, at least there would be a functional difference between a 0 MC blue & one that skirts outlaw status constantly.

I've said it before, but I think the game suffers tremendously from the PvP mechanics atm. Being blue should mean something, being red should not be punished with tedium, and players who are not interested in RPKing should still have access to PvP. You really can't blame people for RPKing when that's really the only venue the game design creates for PvP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
People killed more because there was no longer a limiting factor once you webt perma red and parcels so bad for a game loop people stop doing them and just go perma red.

Im a first hand source and I stating 2nd hand from others I play with.
There is no limiting factor anyway but red flag will make a clean cut between wolfs and dogs .. if you know what I mean.
There are players who chose to play wolfs and this is fine with me. I have no objection in anyway to this play style. You boys and girl are good in pvp? Kill many players ? So wear your red tag with pride! what the big deal?
I chose not to RPK but I do want fight people with whom I have grievances and have no consequences (beside losing) , I want clear friend/foe flag and I believe its reasonable expectation

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I miss red flags. Current system is complete BS. I will literally walk past someone, they just assume I'm a normal player, kill their mount, then kill them. Is complete crap. I should be red and they should be running their ass the second they see me.

I cant complain that the system benefits me heavily, but its just stupid when they tried to make a 'more punishing' system, and I've lived tons of times as a red because of it. I've had entire zergs just ride by me who think I'm blue and dont bother attacking me. but if it was MO1 I'd have died tons of times because I'd get zerged on sight.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I miss red flags. Current system is complete BS. I will literally walk past someone, they just assume I'm a normal player, kill their mount, then kill them. Is complete crap. I should be red and they should be running their ass the second they see me.

I cant complain that the system benefits me heavily, but its just stupid when they tried to make a 'more punishing' system, and I've lived tons of times as a red because of it. I've had entire zergs just ride by me who think I'm blue and dont bother attacking me. but if it was MO1 I'd have died tons of times because I'd get zerged on sight.
You can be yelling in voip that you are a filthy murderer, nobody wants red nicknames for dumb kids.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
It does seem to be creating a small "us vs them" effective. If you watch j45k's stream, you'll see him usually PKing in Tindremic areas, while his khurite standing is high so he can use the towns. This seems like the intended effect, to me.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It does seem to be creating a small "us vs them" effective. If you watch j45k's stream, you'll see him usually PKing in Tindremic areas, while his khurite standing is high so he can use the towns. This seems like the intended effect, to me.
Except they made it so you can be max khurite standing and still cant rez in town because 'you are still red' which is one of the reasons the system just feels unfinished and poorly thought out. MC system shouldnt even exist honestly, it should be standing only.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Well, you're wrong.

You have been PKed less because the game is much bigger and it is easier to avoid being PKed.

Fact is the system as it stands currently is just flat out bad. Perhaps if it has all of its intended features was in place maybe... but right now I would be happier with the old MO1 flagging system. Reds are red, blue is blue. As it stands right now the wardec system has little real use.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The system could become important when we get NPCs who require a good or very good reputation. Like the Tindrem cathedral which could be open for players with good reputation only.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The system could become important when we get NPCs who require a good or very good reputation. Like the Tindrem cathedral which could be open for players with good reputation only.

They need to bring back soph food and make it rep related. The way they can do it to make it 'interesting again' is separate it into regional effects. So something you could be like good Tin soph, or good Khur soph, or maybe even... good both :eek: Exotic dishes for exotic soph. DO IT.

That and maybe make it so KOS is not a rep haha. It could affect your whole town experience, guards paying more attention to you, higher prices, priest won't res you in town. Gotta pay a storage fee? :eek: I dunno. But they could be way more creative. I always thought the whole 0-KOS MO thing was hilarious. You'd knock someone over with your mount and the guards would just blow you up.

Then go back to their standby animations like "whatever."

Rhias

May 28, 2020
We do plenty of slaughter roams and I still have 75/75 Khurite Standing. Just take a parcel every time you cross a town.
But I think it heavily depends on the area. In Tindrem sewers it's way easier to gain a load of MC's / prominence loss compared to roaming the area around Khurite towns or the Ant Highway.

IMHO the parcel system has no impact on my PK lifestyle. Expect maybe that I decided to go for a mounted/Footfighter character instead of on a pure footfighter, which makes me actually more deadly to casuals transporting stuff on their mount.

Reactions: Najwalaylah