What skills for healing-magic only?

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Wondering where to draw the line for a healing build. Which skills have a substantial positive effect on healing?

For example, does Vitalism effect healing at all? Because it uses so little mana I don't really see the need for regen.

Does the damage bonus from Mental focus effect healing?

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Wondering where to draw the line for a healing build. Which skills have a substantial positive effect on healing?

For example, does Vitalism effect healing at all? Because it uses so little mana I don't really see the need for regen.

Does the damage bonus from Mental focus effect healing?

In general as a user of Ecumenical spells (and really any magic school for that matter) you should have the following:
Vitalism (for mana regen)
Mental Training and all child skills (less mana cost, less chance for interrupts, more potent spells(yes healing as well))
If you're focused entirely on support skills you don't need to max out Ecumenical. I'd say something around 50-60 would suffice (unless that's changed from MO1)

Though most of the support type spells are somewhat cheaper, if you're spamming greater heals you'll go OOM quickly. Not quite sure what other skills you're trying to cram into your build but mage usually has quite a few points left over so getting rid of Vitalism seems like one of the last things you'd get rid of.