What Region do you Play from? [ POLL ]

Piet

May 28, 2020
A spam attack after a parry is FASTER and FULL damage
spam parry is same speed so I guess you have a point there but I have def seen Oceanic block parry consistently so either the video is wrong or every Oceanic I have seen has impossibly great luck.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
O of course I will 100% agree there. But that's not what the video says. The video says they cannot react and their parry is always a guess. That's the part I disagree with because I have seen them parry like bosses. The way it's put in the video will make Oceanic and even some US players not even try the game and it's just inaccurate.
Each attack was a tap of the button which still has a slight delay and is how counter attacks work after you get a parry. It is a exact replica of a counter after a parry.

What you are saying is that no one taps the attack after a parry. And that people dont look down while over heading to connect a hit faster. Both of these things are what you encounter a lot in the game while PvPing.

Not even a spam attacks you need to change your definition you are confusing people.

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
The swings are different angles and distances. To calculate everything accurately it would need to be the same. On top of that his calculations are based on spam attacks and he says Ausies literally cannot parry. Spam attacks do no damage so they aren't really used so why calculate it that way? and as I said I have seen many Ausies parry consistently so his conclusion that they just have to guess and literally cannot block is false.

The swings are not different angle and distance... You could argue this for the "pride scene" since those were grabbed mid fight. The untrained eye might not see the details. However all the others were the exact same angle and distance, one showing the parry at X frames and then the next attack showing a miss (hit) at X-1 frames. He only showed 1 clip of each but we have a lot of footage and hence he says it's based on consistent results.

For teh AUS players you see that 21 frames is a miss and 22 frames is a parry and if you add certain constants / variables (reaction, input lag, etc) to that time and consider teh time it takes for an attack animation to connect, you are left the amount of time available for changing your parry. He leads with the premises that the person attack is using an insider acceleration to hit as soon as possible (45 sec animation). The conclusion is where an EU player has so much time that they can adjust their parry multiply times an aussie has to play absolutely perfect to counter the most basic of "specials" attack techniques. The quality of the attacker will highly impact the Australians ability to parry as attack animations can be longer than 45 seconds giving a lot more time to parry. However a competitive and skilled player will not let the AUS have more time to react and play around accels a lot. The video does not imply Australians cannot parry. It says that they are at a heavy disadvantage and it implies that they will have a losing match up against people with a lot less skill.

The "spam attack" here is used to describe the act of left clicking (0 dmg) and compared in the test to left clicking with a counter (high dmg). That is, it is here used to simulate people using counters by just left clicking. This lets the tester do many tests by himself and not needing heals. The idea behind this is that just the release animation without a charge up needs analysis. it is easy to react to charging weapons. but its the release by itself that can be hard to spot. Also this is with out any swing manipulation, drags, etc. When actually techniques are added it becomes near impossible for an AUS player to react parry. It is a lot about prediction and reading tendencies.

Seeing your confusion i really recommend watching the video again. Many hundred hours of work went into making extremely accurate.

Piet

May 28, 2020
The swings are not different angle and distance... You could argue this for the "pride scene" since those were grabbed mid fight. The untrained eye might not see the details. However all the others were the exact same angle and distance, one showing the parry at X frames and then the next attack showing a miss (hit) at X-1 frames. He only showed 1 clip of each but we have a lot of footage and hence he says it's based on consistent results.

For teh AUS players you see that 21 frames is a miss and 22 frames is a parry and if you add certain constants / variables (reaction, input lag, etc) to that time and consider teh time it takes for an attack animation to connect, you are left the amount of time available for changing your parry. He leads with the premises that the person attack is using an insider acceleration to hit as soon as possible (45 sec animation). The conclusion is where an EU player has so much time that they can adjust their parry multiply times an aussie has to play absolutely perfect to counter the most basic of "specials" attack techniques. The quality of the attacker will highly impact the Australians ability to parry as attack animations can be longer than 45 seconds giving a lot more time to parry. However a competitive and skilled player will not let the AUS have more time to react and play around accels a lot. The video does not imply Australians cannot parry. It says that they are at a heavy disadvantage and it implies that they will have a losing match up against people with a lot less skill.

The "spam attack" here is used to describe the act of left clicking (0 dmg) and compared in the test to left clicking with a counter (high dmg). That is, it is here used to simulate people using counters by just left clicking. This lets the tester do many tests by himself and not needing heals. The idea behind this is that just the release animation without a charge up needs analysis. it is easy to react to charging weapons. but its the release by itself that can be hard to spot. Also this is with out any swing manipulation, drags, etc. When actually techniques are added it becomes near impossible for an AUS player to react parry. It is a lot about prediction and reading tendencies.

Seeing your confusion i really recommend watching the video again. Many hundred hours of work went into making extremely accurate.

It literally says Aus has -1 frames to react and that Aus parry is just a gamble. I agree it's a disadvantage but I disagree it's impossible as I have seen it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you are personally willing to pay for SV's costs to break out of their server contract and for the new contract I'm sure they are willing.
Server contracts are usually 2 years. Its disinguinous to say that we want them to drop the current one immediatly and spend extra money.

SV should prepare to change contracts to a na server provider when the current contract is up.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Star Vault already uses one of the worlds biggest server provider, OVHcloud.
So moving or adding an additional server somewhere wouldnt be a problem im guessing.

Its more about does Henrik wanna change his design.. does the game have enough pop to sustain more than 1 server etc....

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Star Vault already uses one of the worlds biggest server provider, OVHcloud.
So moving or adding an additional server somewhere wouldnt be a problem im guessing.

Its more about does Henrik wanna change his design.. does the game have enough pop to sustain more than 1 server etc....
People are mistly talking about moving the server to na in this thread.

D

Deleted member 44

All EU players would quit game if they move server to US. Once they can no longer effortlessly dunk everyone and play at our level will they understand.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Server contracts are usually 2 years. Its disinguinous to say that we want them to drop the current one immediatly and spend extra money.

SV should prepare to change contracts to a na server provider when the current contract is up.
They definitely should. Heck they should already be getting in queue to get a Greenland hosted server. Queue is between 2-5 years, its pricey but everyone will be happy in the end. Even Aussies.

But barring that, as Swedish/EU Player im 100% for a US East server as soon as they can, as long as they keep up on making improvements on ping normalisation. With a US east coast server and ping normalisation everyone wins. There is no one that ends up losing out on that. Most if not all Eu players will still have the same experience they do now as only very far east european players will even get above the ping normalisation amounts.

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
It literally says Aus has -1 frames to react and that Aus parry is just a gamble. I agree it's a disadvantage but I disagree it's impossible as I have seen it.

It says it`s -1 second after reaction time, input lag etc. Changing your parry if you change your mind on what direction the attack comes from is neigh impossible. The whole section is about how the attack animation is 45 frames and teh parry has to be done before 22 frames. How does that imply you cannot parry? The video shows teh aussie guy parrying... The video shows you how you have to wait about 10 frames till teh animation has matured enough to see what it is. It explains how 12 frames is teh commonly referenced reaction time of an average gamer. 2 frames input lag is self explanatory i hope. How is any of this wrong to you? The caption goes as follows: EU Gets 2 chances to parry, NA has time to observe and then parry, AUS has to use twitch reaction OR gamble. Seriously how can you watch / read something and not understand / twist the meaning of it in such a manner...

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
All EU players would quit game if they move server to US. Once they can no longer effortlessly dunk everyone and play at our level will they understand.
Most players in this game are so garbage it does not matter what ping they have. I have AUS, and WEST coasts kids at my disposal with the ability to demolish 95% of the population with ease. That being said I personally wouldn't play with high ping. Not because i would lose to trash cans but because it is not fun to have attacks constantly go through parries and people hitting me from miles away. THe only only fun fights in this game are EU vs EU. There are rules in the game and when teh game does not follow those rules for some people what can i even trust.

Reactions: IrishXP and Tzone

yakri

Dec 10, 2021
The whole genre for this kind of MMO has always been NA dominated by at least a small amount. Vastly more so when there are NA servers for obvious reasons since the lag making a massive balance difference drives people away.

Usually though EU-based servers have been like 55/45 split in favor of NA or so.

Even a 50-70 ping difference is very significant for any game using this kind of mount and blade style combat of course, so it's no surprise it has a significant impact on people actually trying to play if they can't get <70 total ping to the server.

Reactions: Tzone

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
I'm playing from NA East and I can most definitely tell the ping difference just from fighting fucking zombies in the graveyard. This will most likely stop me from playing the game at release which is a shame because I was going to bring a bunch of friends onboard with me. For a fucking full loot pvp game like this, ping is EVERYTHING. How good you guys expect the entire world to play on this shit with crap ping? This will be MO2's demise.

Reactions: IrishXP