What Region do you Play from? [ POLL ]

IrishXP

Sep 24, 2021
I personally play from West coast USA and I average 250+ latency to the server. SV has not given us tools to see where the majority of the player base is located.
It's no secret that EU players have a huge advantage for timings in melee combat as shown in this video below.

Please if you can take a second to vote where you play from. Lets show SV why we need a more acceptable ping average or better yet a centralized server.

• Sad
Reactions: m4rt3 and Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
There are more places in the world than what you have listed. Also, consistency with choice types would make much more sense, as: USA (a country), AUS (Australia? a continent) and EU (a continent), vary wildly.

IrishXP

Sep 24, 2021
Looks like NA majority time for a Server move? lmao
I highly doubt Henrik would move the server but having a large portion of the population with a blatant ping disadvantage doesn't sound healthy for the long term growth of the game.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I highly doubt Henrik would move the server but having a large portion of the population with a blatant ping disadvantage doesn't sound healthy for the long term growth of the game.
Ping doesnt exist on the Mortal Online. Our great CEO Mr Heinrik has deleted (normalized) ping from the Mortal Online, so you wont experience any disadvantage playing the Mortal Online from anywhere in the world.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Im pretty sure the population is split pretty much 50/50 NA to EU. Maybe 60/40 for EU but only because they get a much funner experience with low ping.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
During Henrik's streams people watching from the USA outnumber those from the rest of the world combined. (When I was watching, at least.)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
And now with SA growing very fast too, just makes sense to move to centralize the server in NA east but Henrik isnt known for common sense.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

Piet

May 28, 2020
I don't believe that video is very accurate. I have plenty of time to react and I have watched Australian players easily parry every time as well.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't believe that video is very accurate. I have plenty of time to react and I have watched Australian players easily parry every time as well.
Like how? Its factual video evidence. you saying he is faking the video?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Obviously EU players won't mind moving the server to NA since it's completely irrelevant and the same to them

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Obviously EU players won't mind moving the server to NA since it's completely irrelevant and the same to them
But most of them do mind for a reason. Like 80 ping vs the 20-50 ping they already have with the "ping normilization" while everyone else could have 40 less ping unless you are russian.

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
What are they supposed to do though. They've said future continents might be placed on NA servers. I think that's the best option.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Like how? Its factual video evidence. you saying he is faking the video?
you can't be serious...
The swings are different angles and distances. To calculate everything accurately it would need to be the same. On top of that his calculations are based on spam attacks and he says Ausies literally cannot parry. Spam attacks do no damage so they aren't really used so why calculate it that way? and as I said I have seen many Ausies parry consistently so his conclusion that they just have to guess and literally cannot block is false.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
The swings are different angles and distances. To calculate everything accurately it would need to be the same. On top of that his calculations are based on spam attacks and he says Ausies literally cannot parry. Spam attacks do no damage so they aren't really used so why calculate it that way? and as I said I have seen many Ausies parry consistently so his conclusion that they just have to guess and literally cannot block is false.
They dont have to guess, but there window to react tp stuff is much smaller and they cannot correct their block which EU can do and to some extent NA

Piet

May 28, 2020
They dont have to guess, but there window to react tp stuff is much smaller and they cannot correct their block which EU can do and to some extent NA
O of course I will 100% agree there. But that's not what the video says. The video says they cannot react and their parry is always a guess. That's the part I disagree with because I have seen them parry like bosses. The way it's put in the video will make Oceanic and even some US players not even try the game and it's just inaccurate.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
A spam attack after a parry is FASTER and FULL damage