• Real World Fantasy Simulator

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Spread Sheet Simulator

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Shut Up Nerd.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Just Play The Game.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • neither, VOIP adds a real world element that keeps me grounded.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
With all of MO2s awesome graphics and features, Im sure some people see this game like Neo in the Matrix and spreadsheets are the only logical expression of output, but how do you see the game?
The VETs were pushing that its an all out PvP game, which I think most have seen the lite on that. The PvE is just too fun to call this a PvP game any longer.
With the VOIP system working well for many, it seems our own humanity will govern many directions that this fantasy world will take. I didnt factor this. As a solo RPer it seems a net plus. A part of me doesnt want real world voice interaction, but the greater part of my being is enjoying it.

Reactions: grendel

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
sandbox isn't a free world IN GAME it is a free world IN MIND

Dudes are mad when people violate their mind, which you can do on a pretty high level in sandbox. It seconds only to chat rooms and I pity foolz who didn't get that youthy experience coming in! Since they changed it so that you can speak to living world from the ether world, MO2 approaches chat rooms in terms of mind.

It is foul shit to violate someone's mind. It is also something everyone starts doing from childhood. Even if just pokes.

Build or demolish has nothing to do w/ TC. It is a thing that can be shaped. You can shape it in many ways. People are doing what they can. Some people can even do multiple things! But most of the people on this game are soft, and that's why the market in most places is soft, why the pvp in most places is soft...

people are trying to protect their piece of mind (no pun) and compartmentalize, but it's best when taken as a whole, then you can really enjoy it and have fun. It should be mildly serious when you are playing, but you shouldn't ever be like man I gotta piss but I'm gonna hold it cuz... haha. YA FEEL ME. It's long-term. I'm not saying I'm staying long term cuz a lot of the 'systems' SV puts in are inhibiting... cuz like I said before, they want this illusion of freedom, but they add in wack systems instead of just moderating obviously toxic people and leaving it open. You get too toxic you don't get to play in the sandbox, why is that so hard? If you can stop, then stop. You can't just go around mind raping (hope that term doesn't get me banned) everyone and be like LOL SANDBOX. You are fucking up. If that's your experience then God bless you. ha. Nothing is lost by getting those people out of the game. I'm sorry, and if that puts you on edge (who ever is reading this,) then think about it for a second. You can still compete without utterly destroying everything around you, esp considering only certain mostly-nubile things are capable of being so vulnerable. There comes a point when (like walling off MK) you have to intervene, since we've already reached that point, should focus more on that than trying to shape people's behavior thru flags n repz.

It's a tool to share minds. You wanna enter my mind in gm? Oke, the tools are there. You wanna enter my mind in words, PM me. haha. You know? It's a pretty cool thing, but the fact that people can't really break it down like that leads to a level of emotion that leads to irrationality... that is hard to escape, vets included.

It's just fascinating to me from a psychological standpoint.

Reactions: grendel and Avenoma

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
instead of just moderating obviously toxic people and leaving it open
Completely agree but its such a grey area.
I think large guilds are toxic and wearing a guild tag should be optional. Thats just one overlooked thing that would help lower the toxicity level.
Certain basic mechanisms like that exist and we cant do anything about it. One person toxic is anothers sugar.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
With all of MO2s awesome graphics and features, Im sure some people see this game like Neo in the Matrix and spreadsheets are the only logical expression of output, but how do you see the game?
The VETs were pushing that its an all out PvP game, which I think most have seen the lite on that. The PvE is just too fun to call this a PvP game any longer.
With the VOIP system working well for many, it seems our own humanity will govern many directions that this fantasy world will take. I didnt factor this. As a solo RPer it seems a net plus. A part of me doesnt want real world voice interaction, but the greater part of my being is enjoying it.

Player interaction has allways been the fuel of the game, from non-consensual pvp to cooperativism, i do believe MO2 still has these elements that to a certain degree are more important than some of the frame/rules mechanics of the world.

I do think theres some nasty mistakes regarding the "law" of the world and what cities represent. I consider theres too much punishment for the criminal/murderer gameplay. Flagging, criminal status, murdercounts and standing loss during group fights defeats the whole idea of PVP by punishing players for playing.
This is absolutly broken and people still demands theres even more punishment, just to replicate non functional mechanics from MO1 or other games.

Having such uncertainties with these mechanics not knowing how SV will fix them (or not) not gonna lie makes me lose faith on the game a little bit. Watching so much lack of design in something so basic.

From what i've seen some people want easy literal straightforward mechanics that punish criminal actions, i prefer to let players decide how to deal with that, because player organization is way more rewarding and complex than a few poorly designed mechanics that will limit gameplays instead of contributing towards the "sandbox" element of the game.

PVP is not bad, except EU players have 20-100ms ping and NA, RUS, AUS, SA and other regions have over 200ms ping. I'ts important to understand that 230ms is the average human reaction time. This being said with a 200ms difference between regions it really doesn't feel fair. There have been threads about this in the forum, most of the suggestions are bad not gonna lie but it shouldn't really take much brainstorming to figure out a way to make it more fair for the entire playerbase.

Then theres fighting classes that are gimped and some other classes that overpowered, we could discuss this but i'ts hardly balanced right now.

That being said now i can talk about PVE and crafting.

By the current state of the crafting and PVE i don't really see the need to make spreadsheets for gathering information. I don't consider either the fauna and flora of Nave are complex enough for documenting this shit. I can understand that some of the things might seem overwhelming to new players but i come from MO1 and it had a lot more of stuff (materials and mechanics).

I can say crafting is simplified, materials are more balanced offering certain degree of tradeoff between stats/weight efficiency (i wouldn't say entirely balanced cuz it ain't)
Then theres cooking which is completly placeholder right now. They still haven't figured out the shields crafting either. And im really hoping crafting gets more complex not to just be annoying but to be challenging, to give players the space for experimentation and innovation and not just do meta items.
I see a lot of placeholder stuff in crafting i really hope they invest more into this shit.

I consider creature spawns are definitely too small, im guessing for making people stay at those spawns and generate conflict of interests but it doesn't work that good either (in my opinion), i rather see moving" spawns but i won't dream about it.

Then theres limitations for what materials u can use and whatnot for whatever type of crafting class, i think those limitations shouldn't exist i liked more that about MO1 were you could just experiment and get to your own conclussions instead of an ingame message saying "you can't do this".
I understand you gotta dumb down content for certain public but i don't see anything wrong by making people think what they are doing instead of perpetually repeating the same shit over and over.

This discovery of the world is what made it appealling aswell, cuz players could negociate with information. If everything is literal and straightforward the need to bargain that kind of information is killed and by killing that you are taking a part of the player interaction off the board.

To summarize, i think MO2 is the promising kind of game that might go in the right direction or it might fuck it up. 50-50 i'd say.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The game has an identity crisis. Can't figure out what it wants to be.

it's still a place for people to be people, but yea, the game shouldn't put hands on people too much, and this game is leading people a bit too much. I kinda see 'the vision' except it doesn't work. It's still better than MO1. It puts Mo1 getting stuck on a tree/bush while you get 8'd to deth by terror birds rage to shame. But yea, somehow in re-meshing the world they got more aspirations. YIKES. Just joking SV team, TBH, I think you guys did a good job, in general. I am v worried about TC ruining the game again w/ how heavy the systems are already, tho.

Right now, they just need to DELETE certain parts and CHANGE NUMBERS for others, and I think we're good. We got doods not even aiming w/ the arrow tip anymore. That stuff will never sit right with me. Yet another thing that makes the game casually EASIER even tho it doesn't seem so. I'm all for accessibility but this is how I feel: I was on some shit in MO1 like, I don't have time to fuck w/ these nubs trying to PK me, then they took out my fav system (cries) + other things like breeding, things I could make money doing and be interested in. So, I'm like OK, time to go full on pvp/roaming shittalker and then it's like... REP SYSTEM BAM. haha. I feel like D_____ T_____ I could shoot a dude in Bakti and most of the people who matter would not care, but if I go -1, I'm gonna get KoS'd? FUCK out of here.

Reactions: grendel

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Second job simulator is missing from the answers.
This can be said about any game an or hobby really. The question is do you enjoy it though? If not why play it, unlike a job your not being paid to subject your self to something you don't enjoy doing.

I personally think this game is great. It hard to describe this game though using standard labels.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
This can be said about any game an or hobby really. The question is do you enjoy it though? If not why play it, unlike a job your not being paid to subject your self to something you don't enjoy doing.

I personally think this game is great. It hard to describe this game though using standard labels.
He is referencing all of the work (often unfun work) that we will have to do in order to get to the fun once the game is released.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
He is referencing all of the work (often unfun work) that we will have to do in order to get to the fun once the game is released.
What part of the game is unfun exactly? I personal don't find anything unenjoyable. About the only thing I find annoying is spawn rates on creatures.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
What part of the game is unfun exactly? I personal don't find anything unenjoyable. About the only thing I find annoying is spawn rates on creatures.
Everything is fast and easy now. After release we will need to do many uninteresting and repetitive things first to level up, then to gear up, then to build etc. Have you built anything yet?

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Everything is fast and easy now. After release we will need to do many uninteresting and repetitive things first to level up, then to gear up, then to build etc. Have you built anything yet?
You make it sound like it will take a long time to level, it really won't take that long. Calculate how long it takes you to level a skill from 1 to 100 now than multiply that by 100, sure that seems like a lot but here an example it takes me less than 1 min to max out my sword skill right now so it will only take about an hour to max it out without the 100x xp. Is this your first MMORPG? Usually your not suppose to hit max level or max out your build in 2 hours.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You make it sound like it will take a long time to level, it really won't take that long. Calculate how long it takes you to level a skill from 1 to 100 now than multiply that by 100, sure that seems like a lot but here an example it takes me less than 1 min to max out my sword skill right now so it will only take about an hour to max it out without the 100x xp. Is this your first MMORPG? Usually your not suppose to hit max level or max out your build in 2 hours.
I played MO1 for 8 years. You are right, weapon skill is easy. Movement skills and armor training aren't too bad. Magic is very tedious without a macro. As is swift riding. Crafting is really lame, just crafting a million and one useless pieces of equipment and throwing them on the ground. Extracting/refining or alchemy is a whole other level of tedious. Then there is building. 500 hours of your character swinging a pickaxe, and this after you have gathered many, many stacks of materials, all so you can travel for hours looking for a fight.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I played MO1 for 8 years. You are right, weapon skill is easy. Movement skills and armor training aren't too bad. Magic is very tedious without a macro. As is swift riding. Crafting is really lame, just crafting a million and one useless pieces of equipment and throwing them on the ground. Extracting/refining or alchemy is a whole other level of tedious. Then there is building. 500 hours of your character swinging a pickaxe, and this after you have gathered many, many stacks of materials, all so you can travel for hours looking for a fight.
I personal fine the mining and extracting aspect of this game to be relaxing. I like combat and PVP, but the game has more to offer than just combat and PVP. Personally I go out start mining an I watch a streamer, youtube video, or movie on my second monitor while gathering resources and extracting them into materials for refining. This kind of relaxation isn't possible with combat or PVP content. So while I like combat in the game some times I just want to chill an pick at some rocks all day.

You have to understand some people don't need action packed content to enjoy a video game. Like look at Farming Simulator 2022, all you do is plant crops wait for them to grow harvest them sell them plant more crops. To some that may being boring an unenjoyable, but the game averages 51,215 players daily through steam alone, clearly some people find enjoyment in aspects you may find tedious an boring.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I feel like people are biting off too much, in general. Sure, some people are gonna wanna furnish their imperial dreams, but not everyone has to go in and put that stress on themselves. To a lot of people 'fun' is different, like the game is about controlling territory, being known, having the best pvp force, that little notice that says 'you have entered xxxxxx territory.' But there's no reason you HAVE to do that. Like I said on steam, you can play this game straight out as a single player RPG and live within the world. You can also still make a huge difference without basically forcing yourself into labor haha. Doesn't mean you can't do laborious tasks, but TO ME when the labor becomes 'necessary' to have fun, it's not as fun anymore. I realize I am a huge minority, but I have met players like me and I want to show other players that they can also do this.

Take Life is Feudal... it's like aiyeee. You have to do so much just to even get gear. You have to do SOME to get gear, etc, in MO, but not really that much. In terms of time invested, it's not really high in terms of MMOs. It's when you start focusing on all the little things like.. keeping you breeds rolling, picking you crops (back in old TC), building more stuff, defending, preparing to siege... I mean all that stuff has a place in the game and there are people that, whether they want to do it or not, their gaming experience depends on that, so they are going to do it. But there is a lot of room for just chill game play.

The making money/obtaining mats part is not so different than other games, but the extra parts like building etc are there for those who want it. There are persistent towns, though.

I never built anything in MO1. I helped dudes move mats to build, but I never desired my own house/TC. The whole game changes when you look at it as a single player experience. Obviously, you have to politic, but it's almost like a really deep CRPG with pretty interesting combat (once they iron out the memes.) When looked at from that angle, it's not really 'unfun.' But... I do wonder about... spamming up lores, reading books for 12 days, etc. I dunno how necessary that stuff is for the game. Mining, etc, is because it's player time which drives the economy. Books do, too, but reading to x then spamming to 100, that may be the one part of the game that I think is wack. A skill like TAMING or CC, it makes sense, because you have to raise it in the wild w/ action... but armor training? Or better mats to butcher/extract or craft with? I dunno.

Def looking forward to see what happens on release, thoo.

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I personal fine the mining and extracting aspect of this game to be relaxing. I like combat and PVP, but the game has more to offer than just combat and PVP. Personally I go out start mining an I watch a streamer, youtube video, or movie on my second monitor while gathering resources and extracting them into materials for refining. This kind of relaxation isn't possible with combat or PVP content. So while I like combat in the game some times I just want to chill an pick at some rocks all day.

You have to understand some people don't need action packed content to enjoy a video game. Like look at Farming Simulator 2022, all you do is plant crops wait for them to grow harvest them sell them plant more crops. To some that may being boring an unenjoyable, but the game averages 51,215 players daily through steam alone, clearly some people find enjoyment in aspects you may find tedious an boring.
I agree with you in the main, it is only the volumes that I am talking about that make it tedious. I like Farming Sim 2019, but there are never five mounteds riding by and trying to kill my tractor. :)

Cidpliskit

Sep 20, 2021
Game took a serious u-turn with the introduction of Rep and standing from what i understood that was always meant to be the players job.
When it was added if completely removes so many aspects of the game and the community that it changed what the game was meant to be and how it will be played some kinda strange hybrid now that destroys the way pvp and pve will be played.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Game took a serious u-turn with the introduction of Rep and standing from what i understood that was always meant to be the players job.
When it was added if completely removes so many aspects of the game and the community that it changed what the game was meant to be and how it will be played some kinda strange hybrid now that destroys the way pvp and pve will be played.
Many other changes make the game "safer" and "easier" as well, even before the rep system was added. Some big, such as how easy it is to parry and how slow swings are, and some small, like how no ai attacks your horse unless you are on it, and you can't accidentally eat a high value item like a spider queen egg because you now have to hold two buttons to eat.
We could come up with a very long list of ways the game has been changed to cater to the less than resilient player.