What food would you buy and how much would you pay for it

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Hey folks,

I was interested in what you are looking for when buying food.

What nourishment values do you want in your food and how much would pay for a stack.

Looking forward to your answers.

Cheers!

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
What fool will buy food when cooking is secondary skill? I dont buy food and my friends too. Cooking by ourselves.

Cooking may be secondary, but if you want to say, make some bread you're working with grain which requires botany (primary). You're going to need to run it through a crusher to make it into flour (primary). If you want to add a bit of pig meat to it that's under animal materials (primary).

Do you see my point? Some builds can cook for themselves easily because they already have all these primaries. Others cannot.

As to the original question I'd say there are three primary types of food.

A. Ones that nourish stamina but not health and don't care about mana. (Stamina food)

B. Ones that also care about mana (Mana food)

Types A and B are trying to avoid weight gain. Type C is for people who want to be fat. Bear in mind that A and B will nourish health. Just as little as possible.

C. Ones that maximize health reserves (Weight-gain food)

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
What fool will buy food when cooking is secondary skill? I dont buy food and my friends too. Cooking by ourselves.
People buying it for many reasons

mayb fool someone else here

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Hey folks,

I was interested in what you are looking for when buying food.

What nourishment values do you want in your food and how much would pay for a stack.

Looking forward to your answers.

Cheers!
Open cooking for masses in old forum you will find a lot of inspiration

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Open cooking for masses in old forum you will find a lot of inspiration

Well the problem is, the economy is different. Would you mind to share what you would look for in food? High nourishment values in one stats? Moderate values in two stats? Low values in all three?

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Well the problem is, the economy is different. Would you mind to share what you would look for in food? High nourishment values in one stats? Moderate values in two stats? Low values in all three?
Hn
Sn

I hope sv will add sophistication food again

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Stam food would be higher in demand imo and higher in price since you can just cook meats you butcher. But yeah, stam or health food would be your best bet. Make it as good as you can and price it accordingly. But remember just because you put a bunch of rare materials in to get a food to a higher number in stam or health stat doesn't mean people will buy it.

I personally wouldn't spend much money on food that fried springbok or spelt bread couldn't do close itself.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Fix cooking PLZ. Cooking is so trash you can almost live off that pig pie you buy from vendor. Health values are fucked up, way too high (so you don't really need to eat fat food, you have to basically starve yourself), and stam food is fine at like ambrosial muse fruit level IMO. Sad but TRUE. I'm still gonna spec a cook, but I dunno if I'm gonna spec the appliances cuz like I said I dunno if it's necessary to press or grind or herbolo. Sadtimes. herbololo :eek:

I hope SV gets some nuts and fixes the cooking system, by far the biggest drop off in systems from MO. JOKE STATUS.

If you get Stam food tho you can sell it usually for a decent price. Like I said, if you are in Fab, just cook covolo, if you are in S just get muse fruit. That's good enough, but some people think they 'need' the grain.

Probably the most underrated food to sell is Ambrosial pot baked water, which is pure water in baking pot. Don't even think you need advanced cooking. 43 stam, 0 health. GG. So cheap to make, sell for cheap, but you still make a good profit.

THAT'S how sad cooking is atm. And yea the fat food is springbok meat. I prefer pot baked cuz you get a lot more stam and anyone can fry so you are offering more of a specialty. That one fish meat is really good, too, but GL finding it, prol not worth the effort.

Edit: and when they fix cooking, they can add in a patch to hide ingredients :p Or at least mostly. I dunno if anyone should be able to identify all ingredients. But maybe something w/ high taste ID. I liked soph, but soph was just good cuz it made cooking worthwhile. I am def open to different sorts of things if soph is not brought back. A new cooking system to figure out would be muah.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
Fix cooking PLZ. Cooking is so trash you can almost live off that pig pie you buy from vendor.

I do live off the pig pie from the vendor.

Cooking, food and nutrition has so much potential, and the crafting systems in game have such depth. You would think it would be impossible to balls it up totally and create a cooking system that was 100% crap, but SV somehow managed it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Erwinicus

Mar 22, 2021
High stam food like spelt, corn, rye done with high cooking/advanced cooking, milling, etc to get the maximum stamina out of it I'd buy.

Especially in towns that don't have any of those nearby I'm sure you'd have buyers.

Reactions: Sgr

RyanMathis

Jan 4, 2024
When it comes to food, I prioritize freshness and nutritional value. For a quality stack, I'd happily pay a bit more—about what I'd spend on a good meal out. Moreover, quality products taste better in my favorite recipes (like the pico de gallo recipe). What about you?

Last edited: