What equipment do “dex footies” wear?

Mclavin

Dec 31, 2022
I’m trying to build a dex footie and the guides don’t really explain much about armour, horses, pets…

I’m wondering what type of armour I should focus my craft towards and if learning to control beasts can be part of the build or if that’s steering away from the focus.

Do I ride horses into combat, do I learn combat fighting/archery etc

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
5.1kg kallardian, silk & horned scales ~30/39/33
9.6kg kallardian, guard fur & reptile carapace ~i forget something in the 40s

this armor is the best i could come up with. there is probably better, let me know when you find it.

im sheevra sheevra sheevra sheevra
62 str
124 dex
86 con
117 psyche
14 int

im 500 points into mounted range
500 points into taming
100 anatomy
~40 ecumenical to fumble magic reflect

wouldn't recommend this build but i've tried dex footie, dex mage, tamer mage ect...i constantly shuffle my skill points around, wasted ~800hrs constantly shifting skills around to find something i like. i don't like this either but its where im currently sitting.

you probably ride a horse.

idk if this helps but good luck

Reactions: Mclavin

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You're planning on a fighter or a hybrid?
That 5kg-10kg armor is something for a hybrid (magic + meele).
If you plan on a full fighter you want to go for 18+kg armor weight.
An example of a cheap heavy armor:
mercenary plate, incisium guardfur, 17.46 kg.

Regarding the beasts... You will want to have Creature Control, Advanced Creature Control, Taming, Beast Mastery and at least 50 Animal Care for Veterinary (or was only 40 Animal Care required to unlock it?).
That's 450 primary points and therefore you will need to drop quite a few skills that a full fighter would have (e.g. no endurance and no survival, and aggressive stance and defensive stance only on 50).

Reactions: Mclavin

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
the new hybrid requires a pet lol

Might as well make a dagger mage with pet then. At least they cant block your t lashes.