Weekly Q&A

Would you like to have more communication from Star Vault on the forums?

• Total voters

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
@Herius @Henrik Nyström

A lot of people feel the forums are neglected a lot of times in dialogue. I get that we have the Star Vault Twitch stream and Discord but I feel like these places typically are overcrowded with spammed non-sense and a lot of discussion doesn't really go on in these places. (not to say that it doesn't but usually it's not a set of good platforms for it.)

Would either of you be willing to start up a weekly Q&A thread on the forums to which players can then ping you and ask you a single question per thread, and you do your best to answer them?

Perhaps that is better left to a community manager type but we do really need someone like this that engages with us on the forums so we can have a developers word thrown into the mix instead of players guessing and arguing as to why and how things are.

TL;DR:

I want more communication from Star Vault and I'm sure others do too.

Reactions: Falcar

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I don't think there needs to weekly threads here on the forums, the livestreams seem to work very well for that even if they can get too spammy at times. I do however like to see them have more presence on the forums.

I don't know how much time they do spend here and how much they read, but it seems to be quite little. Forums seem to be the optimal choice for well thought-out discussions since you have both longer paragraphs aswell as have time to think about your reply before it gets burried in messages. The discord is great for what it does: Quick communication. But for long-drawn discussions it's not as good, especially when there are a lot of people typing at the same time.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
the livestreams seem to work very well for that even if they can get too spammy at times
Not sure what you mean by 'spammy', but the livestreams get to be six hours long at times.
Six. Hours. Long.
And no-one posts, on Henrik's behalf, the statements he makes in the official Mortal Online 2 livestreams, here on the forums (in text). @Speznat does a heroic job of summarizing them in video, but that's not as easily quotable.
It's also not the total of what Star Vault communicates when there are bits of information that are exclusive to Discord or facebook.

The forum is the obvious place for all that information to be brought together, at a bare minimum. To also answer questions here, in some format, would be really helpful. It would help curb that tendency some have to speculate, to disinform, and to make stuff up that they wish was true. That'd be a good thing.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Hopefully after the game releases they will give the forums a bit more love.

Players definitely should be able to find important information about the game on the official forums.

Reactions: Najwalaylah