Web and graphic design for gold. (Only MO2 websites and graphics.) Can I do this?

Stavos

Aug 30, 2022
Amish Country
New player here! I have no experience with MO or MO2, but I have played about every sandbox MMO you can name.

Over a decade ago I made my initial riches in EVE online by offering graphic and web design services for ISK (The in-game currency in EVE.) I got lucky and landed a job with one of the richest players in the game at the time to start working on what would become the two largest EVE lottery/raffle and gambling sites. That oddjob as a new player funded me enough to afford all the ships and equipment I needed to get started in the game. (Without worry about losing anything and not having gold to replace it.)

I have just started on MO2. I am fresh from Haven and I've got just a few gold to my name (Also only one set of armor, atm.)

I intend to change that. I'm looking for a guild, but I am also considering offering these services if it is allowed, assuming there is anyone (or guilds) interested.

Let me know if anyone (Or any guild) is in need of services (Or a productive new member) ;)

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
From what I understand, you may not engage in RMT (Real Money Trading), not sure about in-game gold for real world services though.

Anything that involves real world transactions instead of legit playing the game to earn gold and items may be considered questionable.

My best guess is that it may be borderline RMT but instead of real money it is real world services. Best to check with SV to be sure.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
From what I understand, you may not engage in RMT (Real Money Trading), not sure about in-game gold for real world services though.

Anything that involves real world transactions instead of legit playing the game to earn gold and items may be considered questionable.

My best guess is that it may be borderline RMT but instead of real money it is real world services. Best to check with SV to be sure.
im sure noone will ban the guy for making a logo for 50 gold, let's be honest here, guy's new, just wants a quick bank starter, he's not here to make a fortune liek the chinese gold sellers

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628

If you're in a guild that has signature desires or even requirements for sigs using a certain design theme / PSD base, it's traditional to offer or even required by custom to pay the person who assembles it with in-game coin or goods, to compensate for the time they spent out of the game to or otherwise not able to fully contribute to the group effort while doing the graphics work. If the Star Vault policy regarding this has changed or forbids it at this time, I would really like to *know* about it. Let's ask @Robmo

Last edited:

Stavos

Aug 30, 2022
Amish Country
Just meant the principal of it. Why not just get paid real money and just buy gold at that point
A) That's lame. Paying to win is what sad people with no pride get involved in.
B) That's against the rules, as it should be.
C) I enjoy what I do. (I do web design for a living.)

If I could offer my services in exchange for in-game currency, it works as a way to benefit everyone in the community. At least that's how things went in EVE for a while.

But none of that matters, now. I've found a great guild and they hooked me up. My second day in the game I was in some large fights that saw our side bringing down two elephants, a bunch of zombies, and lot of campers at the boss in the sewers.

If anyone has tons of gold and needs web/graphic design, you know how to reach me. I'm not really in need of gold as much as I was before.