weapons and armor made from butchering vs alloys

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
I plan to be a melee thursar or human fighter, with heavy foot armor and maybe 2h axe or 2h Warhammer with some mounted fighting capabilities.
Do i need weapons and armor made from steel and other kind of alloys or would be possible to make them from butchering mats ? like bones and scales ?
Would it be possible to have a pet also and be able to craft my own armor and weapon ?
i am a total noob, so pls help. tyvm!

Reactions: Ibarruri

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I mean steal is better but bone isn't bad. Could make some good armor out of butchering not so much weapons.
And yeah taming is an action skill and weapons and armor are professions which user different points go to mortal data 2 website for more

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@andreyss It depends on the weapon/armour and the material you plan on using.

For example, cuprum is an easy metal to make which is very effective for piercing weapons like daggers and spears, but not so good for slashing or blunt weapons. It is also not good for plate armours as it is rather heavy, ideally you'll want to use steel for that.

Another example, full grain leather is an okay main material for soft armours but probably not for the padding whereas silk would be better. When it comes to blunt weapons like sledgehammers, hard materials like molarium will do fairly well but definitely not a good material for slashing or piercing weapons.

It may seem daunting when you first start out, but over time you'll learn what materials go well with what weapon or armour.

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
@andreyss It depends on the weapon/armour and the material you plan on using.

For example, cuprum is an easy metal to make which is very effective for piercing weapons like daggers and spears, but not so good for slashing or blunt weapons. It is also not good for plate armours as it is rather heavy, ideally you'll want to use steel for that.

Another example, full grain leather is an okay main material for soft armours but probably not for the padding whereas silk would be better. When it comes to blunt weapons like sledgehammers, hard materials like molarium will do fairly well but definitely not a good material for slashing or piercing weapons.

It may seem daunting when you first start out, but over time you'll learn what materials go well with what weapon or armour.
i am plan on using warhammer 2h or 2h axe with heavy armor, and i am teying to figire out ehat proffesions to get so i can craft them.

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
That would be plate armour crafting, blunt weapon crafting, and two-handed handle crafting, I believe. Plus all the material lores you intend on making them out of.
any place where i can test the outcome with diffetent materials? so i wouldnt take for example butchering when would be better with metals

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
any place where i can test the outcome with diffetent materials? so i wouldnt take for example butchering when would be better with metals
Testing is relatively fast and easy currently due to high rates in beta. So just go and do it.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
You could test the crafted weapon on the training dummies in town. As for armour, you could head on over to the local dungeon and see how effective it is against the mobs.

There is unfortunately no way to see what the resulting crafted weapon or armour would be like before you craft them. It appears to be intended by design so as to encourage players to experiment and discover what works best.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You can compare weps and armor by the numbers before crafting them on the workbenches section of the aforementioned mortaldata website.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's way deeper than that, do you wanna primarly pull your mats from carcs n buy metals or do you wanna primarly produce rock/metal and buy other mats? Personal pref. You would probably not be able to do everything, but maybe pretty close. On foot, light armor, bone weps, yea you could probably.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Animal mats armor is quite good because metal armor weighs so much more, which kinda counters its betterness.

Metal weapons weigh a ton more but the damage gain is so good that its worth it. Animal weps weigh nothing but do pretty bad damage.

If you find you need to try to use animal mats weapons because you cant fit metal- The bigger weapons that do more damage but weigh more are best, because animal mats are light. In MO1 a Incisium kall double axe was virtually a cuprum single kall axe. Where a cuprum kall double would still do a lot more damage then that, but weighed too much to be useful. So theres a balance.

Also animal mat bows are op. So when in doubt just use bows.

Malyck

Mar 25, 2021
Heavy Carapace from snapping turtles is good for plate armor, can also use the Reptile Carapace from them too. There are other animal mats that are decent like plate scales, horned scales, incisium, etc. that are easy to get and decent for armor. I prefer to use metals for weapons though, I haven't found animal mats that are decent for weapons.

Reactions: m4rt3 and Rorry

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Some weapons like mace, heavy axes can be some decent weapons for beginner PVE when made out of heavy bone material like molarium, but if your looking for PVP you need metals ideally steel. Slash weapons if it not made of any metal blade (or jadeite) just use a vendor weapon. Also for swords some metals are completely useless like cuprum swords they barely have over 20 slash dmg an they weigh 3 kg which for a sword is bad sense weight affects your attack speed.

Also to keep in note blunt dmg is also a good thing to have on your weapons, even slashing an stabbing ones. This is because the game converts some of the weapons blunt dmg into the primary dmg type used. This is why a spear with 43 stabbing dmg an 13 blunt hits just as hard as a spear with 50 stabbing dmg 7 blunt, about.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
For a self suficient build good in pve and pvp, go for reptile/crustacean khurite splinted armor and incisium warhammer. Enough points to craft short bows too